“It is what it is”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #89 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 14, 2010

My family went down to Savannah for a wedding. The hotel had no frills, but cheap. It served it's purpose. I would recommend staying at the Marriot Hotel downtown. Our camera was stolen from our room resulting in us losing all our pictures from the wedding, but the hotel did reimburse us for our stay. The staff at the hotel was below par but corperate was very helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Domvi

Reviewed December 28, 2009

The night prior to this stay we stayed at a La Quinta in Richmond, Kentucky which was very clean. I guess you can't count on all of them being as clean. The room we were given in Savannah was totally disgusting (carpet filthy, bathroom floor covered in hair). That is the only complaint I have because the lobby areas were clean, the breakfast was decent, the staff were friendly, there was free internet/printer available for guests and the price was reasonable. The location wasn't too far from the historic district and there is a Denny's next door to the property. Hopefully after enough complaints the cleanliness will improve.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mungi
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My aunt and I stayed at this motel and when we called to see if they had rooms for the time we would be in Savannah they said it would be cheaper to make the reservations on line. We did that and used my aunts AARP card which was supposed to bring the room to $39.00. When we got our confirmation # it said we would have to pay the regular rate. When we got to the motel I asked what happen to the rate we were supposed to get if we booked on line and used the AARP card and she replied "Oh that rate is for some other dates" When I showed her the print out of the price for the dates we wanted she said they are only sometimes that rate. So strike 1. Then when we parked the car near our room there was a open condom pack in fromt of the door. I kicked it to the side and it stayed there for 2 days!! I then went into the shower and by the time I got out the water was more than half still in the tub. I called the front desk and she sent the guy to check it out. He said the water couldn't go down because the cap of a shampooh bottle was blocking it. (which I guess the housecleaning didn't wash down the shower after the last people stayed there or they would have noticed the water not going down) I'm glad we sprayed the bathroom down with Lysol before we did anything. The chairs around the pool were black with nasty. As I had washed my clothes I kept my eye out on a roach hanging around. I refuse to touch the ice machine because it was filthy. The door to the room had an opening on the bottom I was always afraid one of the many roches hanging around would come in. The door had a spider web in the corner with a fly caught up in it. This place was a night mare!!!I would Never ever recommed this place to anyone.The only thing I can say good about this place was they offered a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MZdmorbidF
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My daughter went into early labor in September and I had to rush to Savannah from New Orleans. The hotel staff were excellent and were very accommodating with my stay, as I didn't know how long I would be at the hotel - they kept the room on hold for me each day of my day. In addition, they kept me stocked in coffee and even saved a few danishes for me each day. I can't say enough about the service I received

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was the worst room I have ever stayed in in my life. The room smelled of mildew, and there was a huge crack under the door that bugs could have walked right in. My allergies started to act up upon arriving in the room. The inside of the hotel should have been condemmed years ago. The Board of Health should be notified of this hotel. It is not fit for human habitation. I would not stay in this hotel if it were free. I am still itching from the experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Traveled to Savannah with my mother and a family relative to visit niece and her family. Other family members had stayed at this hotel previously without complaint but not within the last two-three years. We booked reservations for a suite about 3 weeks in advance. The price was very reasonable compared to hotels in the historic district. I did not expect a 4 star hotel at the price. Didn't require a lot of frills; all we needed was a clean bed and bath while visiting family. Arrived at hotel around 4 p.m. Front desk clerk was very nice. Front area was dated and a little shabby looking but appeared clean. Suite was 2 rooms; a sitting area with a sofa bed and a bedroom with a king-sized bed. Pulled out the sofa bed and it was obvious the linens had not been changed since they were black with dirt. The bathroom was disgusting. The tub was very dirty with hair and scum and there was a huge wad of scummy, nasty looking hair in the toilet. The toilet would not even flush adequately enough to get rid of the hair. The bathroom floors didn't appear to have been cleaned, the carpets had not been vacuumed, the curtains were coming off the rods and the room smelled sour and musty. Looked like a seedy motel from an old movie from the 50's. Spoke to the front desk who said they would have housekeeping change the sheets on both beds, clean the bath and vacuum the room. Very apologetic; said they had "forgotten to clean the room from the guests who had checked out 2 days ago". ??? Spoke with the manager who offered us a free nights stay and a move to another suite AFTER they cleaned IT. Since we weren't trying to check in early for our reservations, I don't think we should have had to even tell them to clean the room before we could stay in it. I would think that it would be standard procedure by housekeeping to clean a room as soon as guests check out; not when they check in. We opted to cancel our reservations and stay at another hotel downtown.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SweetVirginiaGirl
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Worst hotel stay I have experienced. The room was very dirty with mold/mildew shower curtain. Linens were soiled and the carpet was filthy. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family