“Great value and a straight shot to the historic district.”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great value and a straight shot to the historic district.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The room was clean and recently updated, felt more pricey. It's a straight shot to the center of Savannah's historic district by only a few miles. The pool is nice but gets cold once the sun sets behind the building. The kids didn't seem to mind though. The towels were always out when we went to the pool and we had to ask the front desk for more every time. Speaking of towels, we are a family of two adults and 3 small kids, but the the staff only supplied our room with 3 towels every night. We had to once again go to the front desk for more towels, every night. The shower head is way too low. I'm 6' and it was at my chin. It wasn't fun with my bad back having to limbo to wash my hair. Simply replacing with an inexpensive angled pipe which would raise the shower head would fix this. It's so sad that this is a common complaint with so many motels/hotels. The breakfast area is just too small for the amount of guests staying here. It was uncomfortable jockeying for a spot to wait to get your food amid the people seated at the tables in the small room. This can be fixed by taking out a wall to an adjoining hallway which had a few tables to eat at.
Would we stay here again? Yes. You can't beat the location for the price even though it does have some inconveniences.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

For those of you thinking about staying here - a few things you should know from my experience staying here from July 14th to the 20th and was mostly a positive visit.

First … This is a Pet Hotel with no hidden pet fees. If you do not care for dogs or have allergies let the front desk know this and tell them that you do not want to be near any room with dogs. Some people are irresponsible and let their dogs bark. For dog owners this place has plenty of room to walk your dog. I had my two small dogs with me and we all had a great time.

This is an older hotel probably built in the early 70’s that has been recently renovated. The outside of the building and the parking lot is clean with fresh paint. The landscaping is nice and inviting. The pool area is clean but could use some renovating also. The rooms have all been done in a modern design with new carpets, furniture, flat screen TV’s, comfortable bed and freshly painted walls. Even with all the work you can still tell that this is an old hotel so don’t go expecting a ‘New Room’ experience.

Yes … the bathrooms are very small. Big enough to hold a tub and a toilet. If your Claustrophobic then you do not want to stay here. There is no bathroom fan so keep that in mind if traveling with someone who you don’t wish to smell your foul air bring air freshener. The shower head is about 5’8” high and will be an issue if you are tall. There is defiantly not enough towel or cloth hangers in the bath/bed room. The vanity area is much larger, has a three sided mirror and is where the small one cup coffee pot is located.

Maid Service was very friendly attentive. They will only change your sheets every 3 days and vacuum every other day as long as the floor is not cluttered. Towels and trash are changed everyday and the bathroom are spot cleaned. Counter / desk tops are rarely cleaned during your visit. This is standard operating procedures in most hotels/motels today. If you want something extra then you need to speak with the front desk and be prepared to tip for it. These people are the hotels staff not your personnel maids. The Four Seasons Hotel will vacuum your room everyday at a room rate of $500 a night.

Breakfast is served every morning at 6am has room for about 20 people and is very carb heavy. Instant oatmeal, Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, yogurt, bagels, muffins, bread, apples, coffee, orange & apple juice and of course the waffle maker. If all else fails Denny’s is right next door.

Hotel Security … I have read many misleading reviews about how bad of an area this is. It is not. On the south side of the property is a Wells Fargo Bank / Eye doctor. To the north is a closed Bennigan's (across from Denny’s) and a Courtyard Hotel. To the west across from White Bluff Rd. is a housing project … for the US Hunter Army base. I walked my dogs around this block at all hours of the night and not once did I see anything out of the ordinary. I never felt nervous or threatened. The only incident that I noticed were some hotel guest going back to their rooms at 2am drunk and loud which the night security man took care of right away. There are work crews that use this hotel and after a hard days work look a little on the rough side, but each and every one was friendly to me. Don’t Be Foolish … this is a city and it has crime … prepare for it.

Parking is tight with all the spots full. You do have the option of parking on the side streets especially if you have a large vehicle / trailer. There is very little traffic on these streets and I noticed a few vehicles parked there with no issues. Do not park in the bank or Bennigan’s parking lots - you will be towed.

You are 15 minutes from the historic district. 5 minutes from the mall. Plenty of restaurants within a few minutes drive.

WOULD I STAY HERE AGAIN … YES - PLAN ON IT NEXT YEAR.

8 Thank Pablo G
South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I reserved our room for our visit to Historic Savannah District.. We were very satisfied with the room, complimentary breakfast, and location to our tour. The gentleman at the desk (Lewis) has great social skills and does a great job with service as he normally works alone.
We had a minor problem with our first room and it was immediately addressed.. We were moved to another room and we were satified. The hotel looks renovated and served our purpose.

1 Thank SugarKane1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great experience. Traveled with family and dog. Had great adjoining rooms, requested a mini fridge/micro combo and it was brought right away. James had our room done early so we could get the dog in the AC but great dog park in SAV to hang out. I like this location better than the one down the street. Chucky Cheese is across the street. Denny's is next door. Pool was nice and had great wide step down stairs for smaller children. Staff was friendly & helpful. never felt rushed to get out at breakfast (6:30-9:30a) even if it was after 9:30a. Even had a wine bottle opener for that much needed glass of vino. EASY ride to River street

1 Thank Momtofour6-12
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel is ok but the maid service is awful. First day we had maid service but they did not vacuum. The next day we left after the maid passed our room but we could still see her a few doors down. We came in to an unmade room - guess "you snooze, you loose" is the motto here. The room was ok, there was quite a bit of noise at the pool and a room that had misbehaving children had a lot of folks complaining the next morning. The hotel did bring in a guard that night to keep things calmer. Not all rooms come with a frig or microwave so check carefully when you choose a room. James at the front desk was very nice and did all he could. The other front desk folks just weren't that into customer care.

Room Tip: go for the 2nd floor. First floor is too noisy
1 Thank CarolG223
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. As soon as we got there, the staff called our room to make sure everything was at our satisfaction. Excellent hotel to stay with pets. Conveniently located near stores.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family stayed one night at this hotel. We decided to stay an extra night and the hotel we were already staying at was booked. Check in was easy and the room was mostly clean with the exception of the toilet, it could have used a little more attention. The night passed and the trouble came when we woke up the next morning. Both my friend and myself had bug bites all over our body. Huge whelps all over our legs and feet. I reported this to the front desk and they said they would discount my rate. I then went down to the down to the front desk and showed them the bites and they refunded me all my money. When they take care of the bugs this will be a nice place to stay in a good location. However, I do appreciate them doing the right thing with my payment.

1 Thank Bt30230