“coastal retreat”

Ranked #86 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
A TripAdvisor Member
Dahlonega, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We highly recommend this hotel. As soon as we got there, the staff called our room to make sure everything was at our satisfaction. Excellent hotel to stay with pets. Conveniently located near stores.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family stayed one night at this hotel. We decided to stay an extra night and the hotel we were already staying at was booked. Check in was easy and the room was mostly clean with the exception of the toilet, it could have used a little more attention. The night passed and the trouble came when we woke up the next morning. Both my friend and myself had bug bites all over our body. Huge whelps all over our legs and feet. I reported this to the front desk and they said they would discount my rate. I then went down to the down to the front desk and showed them the bites and they refunded me all my money. When they take care of the bugs this will be a nice place to stay in a good location. However, I do appreciate them doing the right thing with my payment.

1  Thank Bt30230
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Traveled to Savannah with family and found this hotel on line. The location was convenient and had a very friendly and Helpful Front Desk (Thank you Brooke!). Our room was ready early, it was very clean and we had no issues. Breakfast area does get busy however the staff is right there replenishing the food items and the area was kept picked up. Great stay, and would select the hotel once again.

A TripAdvisor Member
Chester, Virginia, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. It had a small park to take the dogs with a picnic table just across the street at the bank. . The rooms were clean and no pet smell at all. The breakfast was well stocked and very good and fresh. My only problem is the shower head was for a very short person. I am 6'3'. the shower head was as high as my chest. I will stay there again when we go back to Savannah.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Traveled to see our son at FT. Stewart and vacation in Savannah. Great place to stay. Rooms and bedding were fresh and clean. Bathrooms were a little tight but very clean. You are looking for super large rooms this may not be the place for you but for my husband and I we were very comfortable. The pool is awesome and the breakfast was good. Location was within 10 minutes of River Street. Great place for the money and will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is an older Hotel,with drive to the door rooms on the ground floor, but it is in very good condition. There are green areas, and flower beds, with flowering bushes. Even though it is off a main artery, it seems secluded. When I checked in, I was greeted by James,on the front desk.He was more than helpful, by directing me to the historic section, of Savannah, and provided me a map of the area. Later on, he told me of some local places, to have a good meal. Without his advice, I would have been lost! My room was on the ground floor, with a short walk across the parking lot, to a green area,with trees, to exercise my dogs.The room was quite spacious,with a king bed,work area, comfortable,relaxing chair,fridge,and micro,and a good sized bathroom. The large outdoor pool had lots of lounges. and sun umbrellas,and was completely surrounded by shrubs, and flowering trees. Breakfast offered waffles,boiled eggs,bagels,and cream cheese, a selection of cereals,cinnamon bread, blueberry muffins,fresh fruit, and juices,yogurt,and grits A good place to stay! Jerry...Paris Ontario..Canada.

Room Tip: Try for a ground floor king
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jerry l
Reviewed July 2, 2013

After a nightmare visit at another hotel, this hotel was very accommodating at the last minute. They were reasonably priced, and the manager was very nice! Breakfast was often crowded and the shower drained slow, but otherwise we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business