“The best hotel in savannah for the money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Alamo, Georgia, United States
“The best hotel in savannah for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

A very clean an nice hotel to stay at. I useto work at defferent hotels l've worked at hamton inns, microtels,and comfort inns so I know a good hotel when I see one and this one is the nicest one for the money and Miss Mandy is the sweetest and nicest front desk clerk and person ever. This hotel will always be my choice in savannah ga

Room Tip: all rooms are good but i like the one on the Dennys side
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very friendly staff, close to old savannah, and very clean!
Perfect place to rest located on a safe area. The pool is small but nice.
To me the most important thing is a clean room. The rooms are clean and the sheets were changed everyday. The bathroom is also clean. The rooms are not very big but it is a comfortable place to sleep. The room also offered free Internet so I was able to use my computer. I recommend la Quinta to anyone that want a comfortable place to spent the night without paying and arm and a leg to stay there!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My first interaction was a very pleasant desk clerk that offered a discounted rate after learning we were with a relative at Savannah Hospice, so we got off to a good start. The lobby was clean and the clerk was professional. We were able to get a room exactly as we asked for it. The room was nicely renovated with new flat screen TVs. Coffee maker, iron and board an actual closet and plenty of linens. The property is in wonderful shape to be at least 25 years old. I remember staying in the mid eighties at this location. It has always been a LaQuinta. That being said, rooms were not built to the same specs as today so the tub/toilet area is very small. It is isolated from the sink/vanity area but I am ave build and anybody much bigger would find it a tight fit when using that area. Some of the rooms may have bigger areas, so worth an inquiry if you need more room. I see already the many comments about being dog friendly and this was a major plus for us as well. They also offer smoking rooms which we prefer and are harder and harder to find. The manager on duty the following day allowed my wife a little extra time to sleep in because she had been up at hospice most of the night and did not charge us for it. I really appreciated that at such a difficult time for her. Every employee I encountered greeted me and smiled. The breakfast area was well maintained and had all the items available as advertised. All the seating was full when I went to get coffee which I'm guessing is there 24/7. I would seek this property out again as a very affordable, smoking and pet friendly room to stay on our next trip to Savannah. Hopefully under different circumstances.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KouponKing
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was very hesitant with my decision to stay at this La Quinta after reading reviews from several websites, but much to my relief, I was pleasantly surprised with my recent 3 night stay! You simply cannot beat the value and the fact that they allow dogs at no additional charge! Trust me on this as I spent many hours researching accomodations in the area and surrounding areas that would be within our budget and allow us to bring our 2 Boxers without paying a ridiculous fee. We stayed in 1 of their 2 suites, which are both located on the second floor of the lobby/breakfast area. All of their regular rooms have exterior entrances, except for the 2 suites, but it's very easy to get outside from the suite without having to go downstairs through the lobby first (very handy to know for those staying with a dog). Our suite was CLEAN, modern looking, and spacious, and we didn't have any issues with noise from the very busy road out front or from other dogs staying at the hotel.

All of the staff, including the security guard, that we encountered were helpful and friendly. We were comfortable with the area surrounding the hotel, and it seemed very safe. A couple of the cons that people have mentioned in their reviews, such as tight parking spaces and low shower heads are correct, but honestly, those are probably the only two negative aspects, and they aren't major downfalls by any means. The free breakfast is just like any other standard free hotel breakfast; it's not great and it's not bad. It is what it is, and it's FREE. If it's not up to your standard, you can walk to Denny's, which is right beside the hotel. I would gladly stay here again, and highly recommend it to family and friends!!

Room Tip: Well worth it to opt for a suite for the additional fee. They only have 2, and they are both locate...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LinHub
Sebring, Florida, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

After reading several bad reviews we almost cancelled, but it's hard to find a property that allows dogs so we went ahead with our reservation. We arrived early and Mandy at the front desk said no rooms were ready, but give me your phone # and she would call as soon as one was available, 15 minutes later, we were in our room. The room was recently remodeled and we had no issues whatsoever with the room or the property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family