“Great Property!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #79 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Navarre, Florida
“Great Property!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

First 2 nights spent in Savannah was here. Completely renovated, friendly - helpful staff, very budget friendly, and a great breakfast to boot!! Thank you to all the staff for their great reccomendations! Its just a short trip to downtown, take a taxi and enjoy the sights! Denny's is right beside the motel, it is just like any other Denny's, good service and quality.

Room Tip: Be sure to request an upgrade if you want a microwave & fridge.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in room 171 at the back of the complex. Mandy at the front desk was very helpful and actually called our cell while we were in transit to suggest a special choice. We have membership in a number of chains and the benefits are useful. This is an old complex with a face lift but she will never win any beauty contests. The rooms have been changed out with new beds, paint, etc. But there was dust in the corners of the bathroom floor showing the maids are probably over worked. The room was basically clean, quiet and comfortable. The night is cool and the window AC is either very hot or off. The motel seems to be full and that is always a good sign. Price is the key here. After reviewing a number of motels/B&Bs using TA it was decision time. We could pay double or triple the price but according to a number of reviews actually get less for our money. At time when many high end hoteliers are opting for flat screen TV with NO ports for plug and play devices it was refreshing to see that La Quinta not only spends the extra for the ports but actually instructs you how to hook up. We always travel with a laptop and it is a simple matter to hook it up and play a DVD from a local Red box or use our Amazon account for instant viewing of TV/movies. There is also a great supply of old full movies on You Tube. This motel’s free Wi-Fi is powerful enough to allow streaming videos, neat. Breakfast is basic with no real hot food. Area is clean and airy.

Room Tip: You can always ask to see the room before checking in, no surprises. This is tough area so clear ou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hankmary
Newnan, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went on a girls weekend trip and we stayed here. The rooms are very clean and we requested our room on the second floor over the pool . The pool was large to be a hotel type . The hotel was very clean and not very far from down town and the historical district. I recommend this hotel over some of the others in the area as in terms of the chain hotels.

I would stay with them again.

Room Tip: Choose on the pool side of the building.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a vey clean, very nice LaQuinta. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was spotless and the beds were heaven! The beakfast was very fresh and very filling. I would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Key West, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I had two rooms booked for the Rock and Roll Marathon. After a full day around Savannah we arrived at our rooms for the night around 10:30 pm, Alysha at the front desk was charming and polite. My daughter and I headed to our room to clean up and turn in for a very early start to our day for the marathon. Our bathroom floor was crawling with ants, I called Alysha and let her know that I had killed about 25 ants, and needed maintenance to come first thing in the morning. She apologized for not being able to offer assistance at 11pm, but promised someone would come in first thing in the morning to treat the room. I let her know the room would be vacant from 5:30AM until about noon. After running my race, we returned to the room, the housekeeper had not entered the room yet, when I asked her if she was aware that we needed ants treated, she told me Mr Eddy would have to come do it...when Mr Eddy arrived he was less than polite arguing that he had just come in at 9, and had'nt gotten to the ants yet. He was intent on arguing with me for being upset that there were still live ants all over my bathroom, I asked him to please not argue and just treat for the problem..his response was "I'm not argueing, I'm flat out telling you..." It's a shame that a freshly painted room, with new carpet and wonderfully comfortable beds and new linens can't make up for rude behavior by staff. I was pleasantly surprised when we first arrived and saw that the rooms were truly clean and obviously recently redecorated. I would even venture to guess that the ants were an isolated problem, the gal at the front desk and the housekeeper were genuine in their desire to make sure the problem was remedied, but unacceptable behavior of Mr Eddy undermined the efforts of the rest of the team....my "poor" rating is 100% based on his disrespectful treatment of me and my daughter..if not for that, this would have been a better than I expected stay, that would have yielded an excellent rating for an affordable room!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel was great! Traveled to Savannah for a girls weekend. We are cheap, but demand quality. This hotel was great! The room was super clean & the staff was very friendly. Reasonable prices for the area. Convenient to everything & a 20 min drive to Downtown Savannah, right across from one of the outlet malls. The employee at the desk put us close to the lobby & on the top floor b/c we were two females traveling alone. It was very nice of her to think of that! The TV was a nice flat screen and the beds were comfortable. I have no complaints & would stay here again! When I come back, I will however request a room on the opposite side due to traffic, Abercorn is a very busy street with traffic 24/7. 4/5 stars b/c continental breakfast could use a little work, (some eggs or meat would be a great addition). Would recommend this to a friend.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends