“Bug Problem not as bad as staff member's attitude!!”

La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Ranked #89 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My family and I had two rooms booked for the Rock and Roll Marathon. After a full day around Savannah we arrived at our rooms for the night around 10:30 pm, Alysha at the front desk was charming and polite. My daughter and I headed to our room to clean up and turn in for a very early start to our day for the marathon. Our bathroom floor was crawling with ants, I called Alysha and let her know that I had killed about 25 ants, and needed maintenance to come first thing in the morning. She apologized for not being able to offer assistance at 11pm, but promised someone would come in first thing in the morning to treat the room. I let her know the room would be vacant from 5:30AM until about noon. After running my race, we returned to the room, the housekeeper had not entered the room yet, when I asked her if she was aware that we needed ants treated, she told me Mr Eddy would have to come do it...when Mr Eddy arrived he was less than polite arguing that he had just come in at 9, and had'nt gotten to the ants yet. He was intent on arguing with me for being upset that there were still live ants all over my bathroom, I asked him to please not argue and just treat for the problem..his response was "I'm not argueing, I'm flat out telling you..." It's a shame that a freshly painted room, with new carpet and wonderfully comfortable beds and new linens can't make up for rude behavior by staff. I was pleasantly surprised when we first arrived and saw that the rooms were truly clean and obviously recently redecorated. I would even venture to guess that the ants were an isolated problem, the gal at the front desk and the housekeeper were genuine in their desire to make sure the problem was remedied, but unacceptable behavior of Mr Eddy undermined the efforts of the rest of the team....my "poor" rating is 100% based on his disrespectful treatment of me and my daughter..if not for that, this would have been a better than I expected stay, that would have yielded an excellent rating for an affordable room!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel was great! Traveled to Savannah for a girls weekend. We are cheap, but demand quality. This hotel was great! The room was super clean & the staff was very friendly. Reasonable prices for the area. Convenient to everything & a 20 min drive to Downtown Savannah, right across from one of the outlet malls. The employee at the desk put us close to the lobby & on the top floor b/c we were two females traveling alone. It was very nice of her to think of that! The TV was a nice flat screen and the beds were comfortable. I have no complaints & would stay here again! When I come back, I will however request a room on the opposite side due to traffic, Abercorn is a very busy street with traffic 24/7. 4/5 stars b/c continental breakfast could use a little work, (some eggs or meat would be a great addition). Would recommend this to a friend.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here on a layover before heading home. It was a great location to be close enough to enjoy the city but quiet at night. There are several good restaraunts nearby and easy access to major roads. The staff were friendly and responsive. This was a good value for my travel dollars.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

It seems like the rooms had just been renovated. The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean. The hotel is conveniently located and there is a Denny's next door. Front desk staff are very friendly. The free breakfast is not very large but they do have make your own waffles.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Acworth, Georgia, USA
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms great, roads around buildings in need of repair. Close to mall etc, great value. Breakfast a little skimpy, but new decor and beds were great as well as service. .........
,,,,,,,,
......I have to do 100 characters in this review for some wired reason so this is for that...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo