La Quinta Inn Savannah Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanabercorn streethistoric districthard boiled eggsan older hotelthe breakfast areashort driveyogurtcontinental breakfastsavannah areatybee islandpetgaflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed at this La Quinta on the way to and from a family reunion, and several times in the past. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The rooms are always clean and bright and cheerful. The price was very reasonable (be sure to make reservations, rather than just show up- you get a better rate!). La Quinta is a great chain for people traveling with pets. We travel with our 3 Pekingese and always find La Quinta a great place to stay. The only negative is that in the room we stayed in on the way home the section of the bathroom with the toilet and tub has a door separating it from the section with the vanity. You could hardly turn around if you closed the door when you were getting out of the tub. I'm a rather small person- and found it caustrophobic. But if I did not close the door leading into the part with the vanity, it was fine. I would recommend this La Quinta.

Room Tip: Make a reservation
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had some business in the mid-town area and we wanted some place on the way to the beach, but easy access to downtown Savannah, so we picked this La Quinta. It turned out to be a pretty good choice. Not the fanciest place, but it was clean and seemed safe. We will probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Denny's is just next door...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Great things about this place: Front desk help superb, very helpful despite being very busy, breakfast was surprisingly good with comfortable seating, the pool was great large enough to swim in and very clean. The rooms were very well kept but a bit on the small size.

Ask for a room in the quiet middle of the property away from the two busy roads on either side. The location is excellent for visiting the historic district of Savannah, in less than ten minutes you are parked and exploring the beautiful neighborhoods and parks.

I thought this place was an excellent value. We called the LaQuinta main office to tell them how pleased we were with the place and the excellent service.

Room Tip: see above
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian A
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Sitting in the lobby with my husband, sister and brother-in-law, we saw more dogs than I have ever seen in one place! We had to sit in the lobby because there was so much barking, scratching and smell in the room that we chose to limit the amount of time we spent in there. The room was prepaid and my sister did not want to totally ruin our getaway so we made the best of a bad situation. I do think the "Mystery Hotels" should state if they are people friendly...oops, I mean pet friendly so those of us with allergies to animals can make an informed decision.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DianeV6
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I was nervous about staying in this Inn. "You get what you pay for" kept running through my mind, so I had fairly low expectations. Our experience was positive before we even arrived. Due to icy weather our original flights were cancelled, so we had to change our reservation--breaking it up into 2 different stays. This was AFTER we realized we had accidently made our reservations for the wrong weekend, which we didn't catch until that weekend had already passed. The manager was understanding, and agreed to credit the $$ we had been charged to our upcoming stay. After we arrived we AGAIN had to change the dates of our stay, but the desk clerk didn't bat an eyelash over changing our dates again. The room was clean, breakfast was just as we expected, and room service was fine, too. We only stayed 2 nights, but slept well both nights (we always leave the fan running to cut down on noise). The location is fairly close to the historic downtown, so we took advantage of the shuttle the hotel had available for $5 each (for a ride in to town) and went downtown for a historic tour--VERY fun!
Because of this positive experience my "hotel snob" husband and I just might consider staying at other La Quinta's, and would definitely stay at this one again if we end up visiting that area again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple