My husband and I just returned from a great stay in Savannah. The location of Joans on Jones was great. If you aren't familiar with the city and want to head towards the river walk, it is a 1.6 mile walk. Not that close. However, with all the food options and.... being in near proximity to Mrs. Wilkes Kitchen, the walking was much needed!
We stayed in Suite A- the front one. It is cute. Fridge was stocked with sodas, juice, milk, bottle of wine and some breakfast pastries. There was cereal, whole bean coffee in grinder and fresh fruit.
Elaine was the caretaker and very nice. The Jones's were out if town. She was helpful and gave us some suggestions.
We brought our dog and she was very sweet to him. She brought him a bandana and dog treats.
So far so good but... A couple things noticed. The wall and door between the suites is very thin so you can hear kitchen activity, dishes, water running and conversations. The bath towels smelled like mildew and so did the bed sheets. We asked for new towels and were brought fresh ones nicely folded and fresh from dryer BUT- no luck. I think the smell is locked in all the towels indefinitely.Definitely time for new ones. We ended up using our beach towels our whole stay. The bed skirt also had some stains on it.The French sliding door between the bedroom and living room was broken/ kept sliding off track.
Not a bad place, but not spectacular either. The nearby parks were great for the dog. It does feel like you live here when you stay here. Check out the downstairs tavern at the Old Pink House and order the Fried Green Tomato BLT salad.... Featured on the Food Network. It's worth your time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stately 1860s Victorian in the heart of Savannah's Historic District, consisting of two roomy, antique-filled suites. Each features sitting room, queen-bed bedroom, private entry and private bath. You'll love the amenities like goosedown pillows and duvets, complementary wine, fresh flowers and luxury soaps. Joan & Gary Levy live upstairs & are available for advice on touring, restaurants and shops nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Joan's on Jones B & B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Joan`s On Jones Bed And Breakfast
- Joan`s On Jones Hotel Savannah