“Great stay at the Hyatt”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2007

I just got back from a great stay at the Hyatt in Savannah. My new husband and I went straight from our wedding to Savannah for a little weekend getaway. Everyone at the hotel was super friendly from beginning to end. We got a complimetary upgrade to a beautiful room on the 6th floor with a river view (the dress helped). They also sent up a complimetary bottle of champagne and chocolates. I worked in a hotel for years and know that this is common practice but it's nice nonetheless. Emma and Patricia at the front desk were exceptional as well as Herb the bellman. It was a pleasure from start to finish. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Savannah!

• Check in / front desk
Write a ReviewReviews (3,131)

Reviewed April 13, 2007

The hotel is in an excellent location on Bay street within walking distance of plenty of dining, shopping, and attractions. We did not check our car out again until we left Savannah.
The hotel rooms are standard, nothing exciting, but the location, amenities, and very friendly and helpful staff made this a perfect base for seeing Savannah.
We did think the daily parking charge was a little steep compared to some other places we've stayed downtown, but overall the comfort and quality of the stay was great.
We did book the room using priceline, so for us the value was excellent-not sure how I would compare it at full price to other hotels and inns in the immediate area.

Reviewed April 10, 2007

This was a very nice hotel, in a great location. It was VERY expensive, we stayed for 2 nights, and had to PAY for parking $17.00 a night, and pay for internet access $9.99 for 24 hours. We chose it for the location, considering you can walk out of the rear of the hotel and be on River Street, where all the shops are. Also it's a close was to the City Market.

Reviewed April 8, 2007

We stayed at the Hyatt from April 2-5. I booked this thru Priceline at the outstanding price of $65 per night (not counting taxes or $17 valet parking). I was a little skeptical because of the reviews on Tripadvisor, but we totally loved this hotel. I had requested a King room via email because this was an anniversary trip. We checked in at 2:30 and when we went to our room, found that we had been upgraded to a riverview. I can not stay enough good about this hotel. We absolutely loved it and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed April 1, 2007

My husband and I booked this hotel against my better judgment and in spite of the mediocre reviews on this site. But, we figured, this is a Hyatt. How bad could it be? I should have followed the advice of other Tripadvisor members...

The hotel is in a great location, right on the river and directly above the restaurants and shops of the riverfront. The beautiful homes and squares of the historic district are short block away. Also, we were updgraded to a river view room and charged the same price as an interior room.

Having said this, the rooms were old and tired. The paint in the bathroom was peeling off. The tub looked like it was plucked from the 1950's and the room was really small. The furniture was dusty and the window still had someone's sweaty forehead-print on it. There is no refrigerator, and one of the condiment packets was already opened.

On the morning of check-out, we still had 20 minutes before check-out time when housekeeping knocked on our door. The lady rudely asked us if we were checking out and walked away when my husband told her that we still had 20 minutes to go.

The type of service, room quality and cleanliness in this hotel is substandard. This is not what one would come to expect in a Hyatt hotel. We've stayed in Quality Inns and other "budget" hotels that provided far better service and quality - I don't know how this hotel could justify charging almost $300 a night. I can't imagine how this place could call itself a Hyatt.

We would not return here and do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turkscaicos1
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Outstanding service. My husband and I switched hotels during our stay(because of frequent stay coupons from another hotel chain) and the bell boy made a point to track me down to tell me I had left a pair of shoes in the room. I have not found service like that in many hotels. The restaurant is nice, as is the bar. The hotel is centrally located in the middle of River Street and very convenient for walking tours, trolley tours, etc.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt for four nights March 8th thru March 12th, and absolutely loved it. We had a second floor river view room. The river view is industrial but still very beautiful. The room was clean and well stocked with toiletries. The location is excellent for touring in the historic district. We would highly recommend eating at the Pirate House in the Historic District, but make reservations ahead of time or you will be waiting a long time. The hotel staff at the front desk was extremely helpful and check in and out was very fast. The only problem we experienced was on Monday morning we needed to be at the airport by 5:00 am. I called down to the front desk the night before to ensure that we would have a taxi waiting to take us to the airport. The front desk called back that evening and confirmed we would have one waiting for us. When we got down stairs there was no taxi. It took the staff at the front desk about 20 minutes to find one to accommodate us. Considering this was our only problem we felt it was an excellent place and would definitely return.

Stayed: March 2007