“Great Service Plus A View ...”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Took an extended weekend trip down to Savannah and enjoyed staying here ... the staff was very friendly and down right generous. From the time we pulled up ... being greeted by the valet until check out at front desk we had no complaints. The view of the river from our balcony was spectacular. Room was clean and to our liking. It is not the most decorative or modern but very nice given the location in historic Savannah.Everywhere was pretty much in walking distance for us. We only used the car maybe twice and one of those trips we drove over to South Carolina just because other was to get to Tybee Island. The bar area was very nice ... had a few drinks before heading out a local club. Our waitress kept us entertained and great. All in all we enjoyed the trip and had a nice hotel experience to go with it. Even the concierge recommendations were awesome.

Room Tip: Balcony View of River is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Garey R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is perfect for getting out and about without your car and it is wonderful that you found our staff friendly and generous. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Vu Lounge. We hope that you will return for another visit again soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our first time staying at the Hyatt in Savannah. Location is perfect!!! I loved the fact that you have an entrance to River St at the back of the hotel. Room was very clean. Bed was comfy. Had to pay $24.00 per night valet parking which was fine(since there in no parking in Savannah). You are centrally located and can walk to just about anything. Staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Would for sure stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear MsTipp,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our location is perfect for seeing everything that Savannah has to offer and I am thrilled to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful. Our best compliment is hearing that a guest will return and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Even though the hotel could have used some more cleaning, overall it was not bad for the area. However, you are required to pay $24 per night valet for parking (typical for Savannah). I NEVER took my car out for the entire stay at the hotel. I will not drive in Savannah. Nevertheless, there was an area scraped on the back hatch of my SUV. This is the only place my vehicle had been for the week. I suspect that it was done when they went to load the luggage and opened the door under a low pipe. The wonderful Hyatt has notified me that they will not take responsibility for the damage because they can find no proof. The proof is that this is the only place that the vehicle had been!!! Do NOT trust these people with you vehicle!!! Also, the concierge was to arrange transportation for our activities. Thankfully I called to confirm because we had tickets for the Paranormal Experience which started at 11pm. I found that the driver that had been arranged was in Atlanta and had no idea. So we took a pedi-cab, who did not know where to go and got lost in downtown Savannah at 11pm. Not a good feeling to be in a 'bad' part of town in the middle of the night with just me and my daughter and nobody knows where you are or where to go.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen D

Dear Karen D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the challenges you experienced during your visit. We strive to exceed each guests expectations and unfortuantly we fell short for your stay. I understand that you are in direct contact with our hotel and parking management regarding your challenges with parking. We hope you will view this as in isolated incident and return again.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stay: May 28th - May 31st
Location: Excellent!! The hotel sits on the river and has excellent views and is within walking distance to everything.
Rooms: Not the best. The rooms are very dated and not kept very clean (at least to my standard). Beds were okay, nothing great.
Food: We had drinks at the Vu bar which was great, excellent view of river street.
Service: Excellent, everyone was very friendly.

Overall, great hotel for the value. Rooms are not the best or most clean but the location makes up for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear MRobers26,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am delighted to her that you enjoyed our location, the staff was friendly and you enjoyed your time with us in Vu Lounge. As a team we strive to exceed each guests expectations and I apologize that we fell short with the guest room cleanliness. We will certainly review and discuss for improvement in this area. We hope that you will come back and visit with us again next time your travels bring you to Savannah.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

On the whole, a nice place BUT everything is "tip" oriented. Valet your car (underground parking) valet your bags to the room, bring your car around.
Room - 6th floor - was nice, quiet. Has a interior restaurant - "Windows" - which was very efficient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Gary U,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am pleased to hear that you were pleased with your guest room and our Windows Restaurant. I hope that you will return again soon for another visit!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

At the valet stand they will offer you the valet service or the self park at the public parking garage. Take the valet parking and forget it. The hotel is located between Bay and River Street, you can walk a short distance to many, many tourist sites, restaurant or even the River cruise boats. The room was very comfortable and quiet, very quiet. I also really liked the security aspect most notably the need of my room key to go beyond the second floor on the elevator.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Daniele P,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and found the location to be the perfect spot for your visit, the guest room quiet and were comfortable with the security levels in the hotel. We hope that you will come back and visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms. Hot showers. Soft beds. Only used it to sleep so didn't explore the hotel much. Expensive but nice location. Only valet parking for $24 a day. Nice piano music in the lobby in the afternoon. Vu lounge would have been nice but it was too hot out to really enjoy it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Anne G,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. It sounds like you had a fantastic visit in Savnanah and I'm pleased to hear that you found our hotel a perfect place to get some rest! I hope that next time you visit Savannah you will return for another stay and hopefully will be able to enjoy our Vu Lounge Patio! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!