“Great location, average experience”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #31 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great location, average experience”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We asked for a room with a balcony and got one - there aren't many so you'd think they would lavish a bit of care on them. But the sitting area was disappointing in that there is a high wall so you can only enjoy the view standing up and the paving stones were all broken and uneven, making it an altogether useless sort of experience sitting out there. The room itself was fine but, like the whole hotel, it felt tired and old fashioned. The breakfast was also rather disappointing, food also looking rather tired and sorry for itself and waitresses looking bored, only becoming animated when they thought we were trying to sneak something from the buffet for my wife who had ordered a la carte. What I will say was that the staff were extremely attentive when we expressed disappointment with the balcony and we had in fact been picked out on arrival as 'guests of the day', enjoying various privileges, so we mustn't grumble. But I think we'll try the Marriott next time for comparison, it's newer I think.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear ian096,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. While I am happy to hear that our staff was attentive, I am disappointed to hear that you experienced some challenges during your stay with us. We will address your concerns regarding the balcony guest rooms/patio with our Engineering Department for follow up and maintenance and we will also speak with our Chef regarding the disappointments in the restaurant. We strive to exceed each guests expectations and we do apologize that we failed to do that for you. We do hope that you will return again and allow us another opportunity in the future.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
Ocean View, Delaware
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Shirley was our waitress the whole weekend and she was absolutely amazing. I hope she is still there next year when we come back!!! I will say I think that some of the other staff was not very good at all and they bulled Shirley because we asked to have her all weekend!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear tbolles,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent visit with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that Shirley was able to exceed your expectations. I will certainly pass along your comments to her and her supervisor. We hope that you are able to come back and visit us and Shirley again soon.

Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Great location on River Street. Can walk anywhere. Great deal on Priceline and small fee to upgrade to river view where you are literally over the river. Dolphins in the morning. Huge cargo ships outside the window. Very friendly staff. Valet parking only and $26 but $16 for overnite parking a block away. Wish we could have stayed longer!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Dear pjlsw,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you loved your stay with us. The views from our river view rooms are fantastic and it is a special occurrence that you got to see the dolphins! We hope that you are able to return soon and visit with us for longer.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Super clean hotel and room. It is centrally located within walking distance to shopping and the best restaurants. Right on the river front. The hotel is super safe. It offers a birds eye view for anyone who wants to only watch the happenings on the river front walk. Will choose this hotel every time we go to Savannah from now on.

Green Features: The entire city is Eco friendly. All stores use paper bags and recycling bins everywhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear Chickelbuck,

Thank you so much for selecting Hyatt Regency as your hotel during your time in Savannah and thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the location perfect for your ventures. It is also wonderful to hear that you will return again when your travels bring you back to Savannah. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We went for the St. Patrick's day parade. We were put in a room next to the ice machine. There was no view because it was $40 to upgrade to a room with the river view. We had paid almost $300 with tax for the room. Once the door was closed, we could not hear the noise from the machine. But at night, we could hear the noise from the lounge although it was closed later on. And the people who came back in the middle of the night did not want to keep their voice down. They talked when they got the ice. And the noise of getting ice woke me up a few times. There was a fight down the hallway. I did not know if it was a fight in a room or between two different rooms. I just knew it lasted for a long time and the language made me uncomfortable. Both my husband and I did not get much sleep throughout that night. And the room didn't have refrigerator. A lot of things were dated. But the bed was clean and comfortable. We had to wait to have warm water for the shower. Great location and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear JJZ223-

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Savannah for your recent trip to our historic city. Thank you as well for completing this review, as feedback such as yours is invaluable as we strive to exceed guest expectations at every turn. I wanted to apologize for the lack of tranquility in your room, and let you know that we are due for a rooms renovation at the end of this year, which will provide more soundproofing, as well as refrigerators and microwaves in most guest rooms. If you choose to visit Savannah again, we would love to be your hosts and show you the high level of service we can provide.

Thanks-
Josh Klein
Guest Services Manager
Hyatt Regency Savannah
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We drove to Savannah and when you pull up to this Hotel you know it's going to be a great place.
Looks great. Staff is everywhere ready to help.
We wanted to go to Hueys for breakfast and it was right outside Hotel.
You can go to any restaurant in walking distance.
Rooms had killer views and the whole experience is what you would expect from a Hyatt Hotel of this class.
Location,location, location. This is in the epi center of Savannah. It does not get better.
Price is very fair for what you get. You can grab a special if you go online from Hot wire or one of those services sometimes.
You will love Savannah for sure and this Hotel is the way to see it.
The #1 location there,

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. He who asks sometimes gets it. Don't ask don't get
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear martin d,

Thank you so much for selecting the Hyatt Regency for your time in Savannah and for posting such a great review. I am so delighted to hear that you found our location perfect for your visit downtown and that our staff was here to assist you in every way. I hope that you will return to Hyatt Regency when your travels bring you back to Savannah!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I attended a conference last week that was being hosted at the Hyatt Regency in Savannah Georgia. My entire experience was spectacular from my initial check in to my departure. The Front Desk Associate Ms. Dekisha Hamilton was very personalble and professional. She assisted me by answering all of my questions and ensuring that all of my hotel needs were met. The professionalism that she displayed is the type of customer service that I would like to receive at all establishments. Although my entire stay was wonderful, I encountered one issue with the heat in my room. The temperature outside was in the 70's one day and then fell to the 40's the next day and the vent was blowing out cold air. Mr. Tommy (engineer), was very prompt in responding to my concern and rectified the matter within a matter of minutes. He went above the call of duty by coming back later to ensure that the heater was operable and to my satisfaction. The housekeeper Ms. Lillian was very attentive and really took pride in her work. The hostess at the Windows restaurant consistantly demonstrates great customer service. I remember seeing her last year (when I was here for a conference), and she was very pleasant on both ocassions. The breakfast buffet was very good and they have an array of items to choose from. I also visited the Vu Lounge located in the lobby. The waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and really appeared to love his job. Although he had only been employeed for a short period of time, he really took pride n his work. The fried green tomatoes were the best that I have ever had. Upon checking out, I was assisted by another Front Desk Associate named Shade. She was also very pleasant and customer service driven. My final encounter was with Mr. Matt Palmer (Front Office Manager). He made sure to inquire about my stay and wanted to make sure that everything went well. Overall, I was very pleased with my entire stay and will definately stay at the Hyatt Regency when I visit Savannah again. I highly recommend the Hyatt Regency Savannah.

Room Tip: I highly recommend getting a corner room that overlook the harbor and River Street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear CG B,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your entire stay. Our staff strives to exceed each guests expectations every day and we are all excited that we were able to do that for you. I will pass along your kind words to our staff as they will all be happy to hear them. I would also like to thank you for the recommendation. Previous guests' recommendations are very important to us and we certainly are appreciative of that along with your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Savannah. We hope you will return again to visit soon.