“Terrific hotel!! ”

Ranked #32 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Terrific hotel!! ”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. We had a balcony river view room. The balcony is huge and the view is one of a kind. Sunrise on one side of the harbor and sunset on the other. Can't beat it!! It's one of the most reasonably priced hotels on the river too. River street is a lot of fun too.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear marissa088,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the views from your balcony perfect. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Savannah!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Spent five days at the Hyatt for a conference. Hotel is in an excellent location along the river with many restaurant choices within easy walking distance. Hotel bar (Vu) was especially enjoyable. The veranda offers great views for drinks and food. Most important was the staff. They always treated us like family. Everyone we intereacted with was very friendly and professional. Would gladly stay there next trip to Savannah!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end which offers view of river and river street.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mark S,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are all so excited to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. It is wonderful to hear your comments regarding our staff and I cannot wait to share them with our team. We hope that you are able to come back again soon for another visit with us.

Atlanta
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stay at the Hyatt often, and while it doesn't have everything I look for in a hotel, I am never disappointed. The customer service is fantastic. They are straight-forward, and I never feel undervalued. I am a rewards member, and recommend the program. The view, or course, is the best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brooke873,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for your loyalty to Hyatt! I am delighted to hear that you find our customer service fantastic. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The bad: You have to insert your room key about ten times to get the elevator to work, and anywhere from one to five times to get in your room. No microwave or fridge. Internet is not free. Tiny pool, no hot tub. Mandatory valet parking at $24 per car per night.

The good: Great location. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. We happened to be in our room when housekeeping came around. Elizabeth was very pleasant, concerned about what we needed, and was happy to help. Better gym than most hotels. Lots of info in the lobby about what to do around Savannah.

Overall, not a bad hotel, but too expensive to justify all the deficiencies.

• Stayed February 2014
HyattRegency351, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear shawnandrews-

Thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt Regency Savannah. I wanted to offer my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay, and thank you for your warm comments regarding the service of the associates in our hotel, and I will pass along your accolades to Elizabeth to our Executive Housekeeper. You will be excited to learn that with our upcoming rooms renovation, most rooms will have both a refrigerator and microwave, and I am hopeful that you will be able to join us on your next trip to our historic city. Should you have any questions or need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at josh.klein@hyatt.com.

Kind Regards-

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel sits right on River Street in Savannah and has private access right down onto River Street. There is parking underneath the hotel which if you know Savannah it's hard to park there. It is valet at $22 a day so it's pricey but your car is easily available. We were there at Christmas time so it was decorated very pretty for the Holiday. The Concierge was very nice and helpful with directions to Uncle Bubba's! The only negative was after our first night stay there we came back to the room after 3 pm and it still was not cleaned yet and we were out of toilet paper. We called the desk and they brought TP right up. We left again and when we returned later it was finally cleaned. I don't know if they were busy that weekend but otherwise no complaints. You just can't beat the location to River Street and City Market with this hotel. They even have an indoor swimming pool and a roof top deck. It's beautiful at sunset! Our room price covered the buffet breakfast in the morning which is pricey if not included. It was good and very nice service in there. If it's not included in your price I would go to Huey's though and have their breakfast, they have beignets!

Room Tip: Get a high floor facing the river
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear HeatherJ144,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and found our location to be perfect for your visit. We hope that you will be able to return again soon for another visit.

Louisville, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

People working there were nice but the rooms were not four stars. Stay at Westin and just take the boat to Riverstreet. This hotel needs major remodel. Carpets need cleaning and beds are horrible. Bathrooms need a fan. The room service menu for kids was too limited. I understand they are trying to offer healthy options but give me a break egg tacos.

Stayed February 2014
Dear VisitorGa-

I wanted to offer my sincere apologies that our hotel did not live up to your expectations on this trip. You will be excited to learn that our hotel is due for a full rooms renovation in early 2015, and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our design team as we move forward. If you have any questions or further comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at josh.klein@hyatt.com. We recognize that you have many options in hotel stays, and hope that you will consider the Hyatt Regency Savannah for your next trip to our historic city.

Kind Regards-

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

February 13, 2014

NEVER use the web check-in because it will automatically charge your credit card prior to your arrival. I am travelling on a work related trip. The trip is funded by work funds. I had to reserve the room with my credit card to hold it. I specifically selected on the web check-in that I would not charge my card for the room. But it charged it anyway! $1400 bucks!!! Ridiculous service! When I checked-in, the front desk personnel did not say anything about the charge to my card, even after I paid with a check. I checked in at 7pm and the account was charged at 4pm. WOW!! So why did teh front desk personnel accept my payment when it was clearly charged on my credit card! Just plain sorry!!!!!!! NEVER staying at the HYATT again!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joi A
Dear Joi A-

I want to apologize for the inconvenience that was faced with our automatic hold placed on credit cards in order to confirm reservations. If you will please email me directly at josh.klein@hyatt.com, I will make sure that this gets rectified as soon as possible. I understand that financial errors can be incredibly frustrating, and I want to express my sincere apologies that this incident occured, Every day we strive to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am embarrassed at the fact that we were unable to do that for you. I know that it is difficult, but I hope that you view this experience as isolated, and not indicative of the service we strive to provide. I look forward to hearing from you.