“Very old and not worth the money.”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booked hoping this hotel instead of our previous booking at the Hampton Inn and I am very disappointed. The room looks nothing like the pictures online, is very old and dirty. The room is 1991 nice and has a fowl smell that is not the paper mill. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, overall very disappointing and wish I would have stayed at the Hampton Inn for much less. If you are looking to a nice hotel I would stay at the Grand Bohemian next door.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Bhunt12
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We hope that you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Assistant Food and Beverage Outlets Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,136)

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Christmas Buffett overlooking the river. Including piano player for you listening experience (even had some local artists to join in), ginger bread house for your memory picture taking.
Artesian crackers and cheeses, smoked salmon, salads, oysters on the half shell, shrimp, etc.
Ham, Turkey and Roast Beef, with relishes, chutneys or sauces that make the meat to die for.
Your holiday standard dressing, mashed potatoes, Mac and Cheese, Collard Greens (or go to the “create your own” Mac and Cheese creation bar with shrimp, crab, etc.
Create your own omelet or waffle bar if brunch is more your style.
End it all with a desert table with the all the favorites including the chocolate fountain for fondue dipping.
Complementary valet parking and top it off with Mimosas for the adults.
All for a 44.99 (senior and children discounts available).
Why go anywhere else if in Savannah for Christmas?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I was quite pleased to learn that you enjoyed your visit to our historic city. I wanted you to know that I have shared your comments with my staff, in particular, your comments regarding our Christmas buffet. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again next year!

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Staff was great - from the Valet parking to the Front Desk, and those that re-freshed our room. The room we had was an ample size.
The negatives: the coffee in the room. There was much discussion by others as to how really bad it was. YUK! Also, our room was on the front of the building where we were availed of the street noise. (I have never experienced that before.)
Another "plus" was the hotel's location on the river - so much to do there - plenty of choices of eateries as well as the variety of stores.

Room Tip: Get a room on the river side. Bring your own coffee for your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DanPGainesville
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear DanPGainesville,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you found the staff great and the location perfect for your visit. I will pass along your comments regarding the coffee to the appropriate department head for review and discussion. Thank you again for your visit and we hope that you are able to come back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I frankly don't understand the poor reviews. My wife and I stayed there the evenings of 18 and 19 December and it is hard to find any fault. It was the slow season so we were able to pick up our room for $99 per night. By virtue of a Hyatt credit card we were given a riverfront room on the fifth floor with clean windows and free WIFI. I thought about parking on the street for our stay, but not knowing the area, I decided a monitored garage would be more prudent.

Again being a Gold Passport member, breakfast was free. The first morning I ordered blueberry pancakes and was served a 5 high stack. The second morning was off the buffet which was good also.

Our room was perhaps the quietest we have stayed in. One thing I liked was the thermostat. I like it warm when not sleeping and cool when sleeping, so when I turned down the heat, the AC quickly kicked in to lower the temperature at bedtime.

The desk was attentive as one morning I put a couple dollars int he soda machine and heard a thud but nothing came out. I advised the desk and they told be to pick on up at the coffee shop and they would comp me on it.

The only thing I would have changed would be to have a foot less space in the sleeping area and add that to the bath.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Odojoe

Dear Odojoe,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review of your recent stay. We are so delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to exceed each guests expectations and we are pleased to hear that we were able to achieve this goal during your visit. Thank you so much to your loyalty to Hyatt Hotels and Resorts and we hope to welcome you back when your travels bring you to Savannah once again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I was really looking forward to our stay at the Hyatt in Savannah. The location is great and we had fun walking by the river, eating yummy seafood and getting pralines for dessert.

Unfortunately I was so disappointed with our room! We paid extra for a river view but were on the third floor and our windows are so dirty on the outside we literally cannot see out of them. What's the point of a river view??

And as I am laying in bed at the Hyatt right now all I can hear rumbling through my room is the loud sound of bass and music coming from the massive party RIGHT BELOW OUR ROOM! There is some "ball" here tonight, and at almost midnight they still have the music thumping. Luckily my baby fell asleep but my daughter, husband and I are just laying here hoping it will end soon. Not sure why they would put a family right directly above a large late night party in the ball room ...

Also - the building is old and the bathrooms are tiny.

Really wish I had stayed elsewhere. For this amount of money I expected so much more!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Rachel D
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. lease know that all of your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department managers as we strive to Exceed all Expectations. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2013

First the good: I loved the location, the breakfast and atmosphere. What I didn't like: $22 parking, charge for internet and the bed wasn't very comfortable. We may stay here again, but might look at other locations that include some of the amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim K

Dear Jim K,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and found the atmosphere perfect. I will pass along your comments regarding the parking and internet charges to he appropriate department head for discussion. We hope that you will choose to stay with Hyatt Regency Savannah in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Smell was like a cesspool from the moment we entered the hotel can't believe we paid to stay there but too late to leave, bed very uncomfortable, breakfast was greasy, really nothing at all good to say

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gina H
Elizabeth k, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.