“Beautiful Hotel in the Center of it All”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #30 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, FL
“Beautiful Hotel in the Center of it All”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Savannah was the second stop on a eight day long road trip for my wife and I. We were greeted amiable by a gentleman on the curb who explained the valet system and its associated price. Once inside, the hotel was beautiful. There was a craft show or some such also going on at the time, so there were several sculptures and crafts on display which gave the hotel a neat presentation.

This does though look like a convention hotel, it's not very unique, but it serves its purpose. It was very pretty, and very clean.

The room itself was wonderful, although I was a little disappointed that they did not have a small refrigerator. We called to see if they could bring one to us, but guests services said they were all out and would call if one was available. They did call back, at 11:30PM, waking us both up. We declined, as we resorted to buying ice to fill our cooler.

Right behind the hotel was the river and its associated strip. It was filled with great restaurants and shops. Also it was only a block away from the Savannah Dan tour we had booked.

All in all, aside from the small hiccup regarding the refrigerator, the hotel was great. I would stay here again if I was in Savannah.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear trelian,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel the perfect location for your visit and found our staff to be friendly. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding the refrigerator to the appropriate department heads for follow up. Thank you so much again for staying with us and we look forward to your next trip to Savannah.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed the weekend of 3/9/13.

The staff were super nice and professional. The Concierge gentleman actually drew me maps to Tybee Island and a distant shopping plaza.

Our room was nice and the shower pressure was the strongest that I've had in years. My only complaint was the room’s view of the lobby. Our room faced the interior of the hotel and had a balcony that opened onto the lobby. Pay extra for the river view, it will probably set you back over 250/night, but there’s something special about that river.

The room was pricey and a river-view room wasn't available, but the desk clerk offered two free breakfast buffet tickets as a concession. Great service in the restaurant, especially the young lady from Atlanta. The restaurant overlooks the river, which is murky, yet scenic, and huge cargo ships turtle by. I saw 3 dolphins in the water as I ate breakfast, which surprised me.

Savannah is special, sleepy town, built to lazily explore - it reminds of New Orleans, but with cooler temps. The hotel is in the perfect location, right on River Street which is open to car & bus traffic, but filled with pedestrians. Lots of bars and restaurants steps away. I had good daiquiris at Wet Willy's and delicious fresh GA scallops and cheese grits at Huey's. I almost forgot to save room for their beignets - soft & sweet pillows, definitely on par with Cafe Du Monde's.

Room Tip: Request a River View room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Atljoy
Dear Atljoy,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your time in our lovely city. I am happy to hear that you found our staff accommodating and friendly and you liked our central location. I do hope that you will return again to visit and enjoy Savannah once again.

N. Syracuse
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt in Savannah before and I would again basically because or its location and view. We were there April 7 for just one night. It is in a great location that makes it an easy to walk to most attractions. You are very close to shopping and restaurants, and we had a wonderful view of the river right from our room. The room was clean and well maintained. The rooms are nice - but not anything really super special about them. The bed was comfortable and we got a great night's sleep. We had drinks at the bar located in the lobby. The service was good and I felt the prices for the location were reasonable. They had First Saturday going on when we were there so the walk along the river was filled with local vendors with some really neat things for sale. It was really fun to walk through with a drink in hand and see everything they had to offer. Savannah is a wonderful place to visit and I can't wait to go back again. The check-in was quick and easy. Check-out was a little slower as they seemed to be somewhat understaffed for the number of people checking out on a Sunday morning. the staff was always courteous and friendly. The downside is that you do have to pay for parking which given the cost of a night's stay you would think it could be included.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susan V,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review regarding your stay with us. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your previous visits and came back to visit us again and found the hotel to be pleasant and the staff friendly. I will certainly pass along your comments regarding your hotel stay including the parking to the appropriate department heads for review.

Thank you again Susan and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,
Shepherdstown, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2013

bad smells in this hotel! Sulfur-y. It was nice to be by the water but I'd prefer closer to historic district. Shops by the water are fun but a little kitschy, and we spent most of our time more in-town. I stayed at the Sheraton 4 points last time and thought the room was much newer, nicer, felt cleaner and fresher.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a water-facing room. We stayed in an inner room and couldn't open the curtains...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you had during your stay. We have notified housekeeping of your experience during your stay. We have started a My guest program for the hotel to help us improve our hotel to satisfy our guest's needs and exceed their expectations when they stay with us. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Our goal is to always Exceed your Expectations and we apologize we fell short during your system. We are positive if given the opportunity again we could achieve this goal. We hope you enjoyed your time in our historic city.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a very nice hotel to stay at being right on the river and close to everything with the trolly stopping right in front. The service is wonderful and they always try to help. They have valet parking, not every hotel does there, but the fees are high. If you love to watch the river and container ships try the river view rooms, a little more but worth it.

Room Tip: try the river view,, a little more but worth the view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear dobiegirl503,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. It is wonderful to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location perfect and the staff wonderful. I do hope that you will return again soon.

Cosby, Tennessee
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We are overnighting in Savannah in route to our summer cabin in Cosby, TN. Our usual property was sold out due to a convention in town so we opted for the Hyatt which was at a higher price than I usually budget for this trip. The property is well maintained and the room furnishings were up to date. We were upgraded to a riverfront room which was a nice touch. I called the hotel before we left Florida to see if an early checkin might be possible. They were booked the night before, but our room was ready at 1:00 PM as per my request. Again, a nice professional touch, maybe because my Platinum loyalty status actually carries some advantages.

The only irritating factor I came across was the lack of free WiFi as promised on my reservation. I contacted the front desk and was told to go ahead and charge the service to my room and they would remove it when I checked out. Since I never actually stand in line to check out of a hotel I passed on the offer.

Otherwise, a nice experience even at $250.00 which included the valet parking.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Batonwaver,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you are a loyal Hyatt guest and that you were able to spend some time with us during your quick trip through Savannah. It is important to provide authentic hospitality and I am glad that we were able to do that for you.

I will certainly pass along the comment regarding complimentary wireless internet access charges on your guest room to the appropriate department head for follow up.

Thank you again and I hope that you will return again soon,
CORPUS CHRISTI
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was a perfect location on the river and in walking distance of so much of beautiful Savannah. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. Staff is very courteous. Hope for more sunshine next time I stay there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carey R,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and found Savannah a beautiful city, our staff courteous and the hotel comfortable. It is important for us to exceed our guest expectations and am glad we were able to do that for you. I look forward to your return visit and hopefully during sunny days.