Hyatt Regency Savannah
$157
$148
$169
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
$214
$200
$141
$132
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Travelocity
3,263 results
All reviewsriver streetwindows restaurantgreat locationvalet parkingcity halla river view roomhistoric districtcontainer shipsper nightwithin walking distanceindoor poolcorner roomvalet serviceking bedsouthern hospitalityelevatorconference
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This property is quite disappointing when one expects Hyatt quality but finds a tired "big box" hotel instead. To be fair, the staff is friendly, efficient, and enthusiastic. The sad experience centers around the facility itself. This place is showing its age; rough around the edges and looking more than a bit worn out. The room shows significant wear and is seemingly outdated. Cleanliness is an issue with grime in bathroom corners, painted surfaces discolored with fingerprints smudges and just sort of greasy. The bed is quite uncomfortable as the mattress is broken down. I discovered the center ridge in the mattress reasonable for sleeping while trying to keep from rolling into the swales at either edge. Poor soundproofing didn't provide insulation from street/ river traffic noise. While I stayed six nights, I only saw the main restuarant open one day. Food was offered in the lounge, however. Decided not to eat in the lounge given the dining atmosphere. Only valet parking available at $$ a day, no self park unfortunately.

Room Tip: Riverside can be noisy with cargo ships horn's blaring late at night. Top floor may be better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HyattRegencySavannah, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency Savannah. Please accept our sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We appreciate guest feedback such as yours, as it allows us the opportunity to correct and improve our operation. Please know that all of your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department managers as we strive to Exceed all Expectations. We are currently preparing for a renovation and have taken your concerns into consideration for this.
If your travels ever bring you back to our historic city we would love the opportunity to be your host in our historic city and provide you with a more memorable experience.

Heather R. Miller
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Hyatt is a good choice if you go to Savannah, although I am not sure if it's Regency quality. The rooms are okay, situated in a square building, with the standard lobby/atrium feel. It is a rather large hotel, and the rooms are fairly updated. It seems like the towels and amenities are typical Hyatt, rather than regency. The Bellmen were very nice, as was the front desk. This would be a good convention hotel, as some of the meeting rooms are situated right on the riverfront--the only thing is that so is the riverfront walk, so you have people looking in at you. There are restaurants and shops very close, considering that it is directly downtown. I really don't think that the location can be any better.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear Kelly A,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our location and found the staff friendly and nice. I will will pass along your thoughts to our team regarding the feel of the hotel as we find these to be key to us constantly improving.

Thank you again and I hope that you will join us again soon.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The staff here were friendly, the room was spacious, although the bathroom was cramped, esp. the shower which was narrow and had a support bar that reduced the space even further and made showering awkward.

The on-site lounge was very convenient and the food was perfect after our late evening arrival. The fitness room and pool were well set-out as well. By far the best thing about the hotel, outside the excellent staff, was its location in Savannah's historic district.

If we hadn't booked at a discounted rate I would have been less accepting of a few of the rough edges, but at the discounted rate the hotel was far above and beyond. From that perspective I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jfk00

Dear Jfk00,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff friendly, the room comfortable and our location perfect. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were tired from driving all day and the experience starting with the parking valet, the bellman and the reception desk staff was very welcoming and showed they really wanted our stay to be exceptional - which it was. The room was comfortable, the bed just perfect (although we bring our own pillows), and the view of the river very interesting with all the cargo and other ships.
We were able to walk to a restaurant (Alligator Blues) which the staff recommended and it was outstanding - expensive but worth every dollar. Savannah is a wonderful city to just wonder as a tourist. Sorry we could not stay longer at the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a river view on an upper floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattRegency351, Manager at Hyatt Regency Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear John_MacAulay,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I will pass along your comments regarding the staff and let them know of your appreciation. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your guest room and the view as well. I hope that you are able to return and spend more time with us again in the future!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Hyatt in Savannah is so centrally located to everything downtown. It's right on the river and the views are spectacular. The rooms were what you would hope to see at a Hyatt and the staff were extremely helpful. I appreciated the free wi-fi for being a Passport member. The only thing I did not like was constantly having to dig for my room key when getting on the elevator in order for it to take me to my floor. I appreciate the extra security but anyone could have gotten on/off the floors with someone that did have a key. It's very cumbersome digging for your room key when your hands are already full.

Room Tip: Reqeust a room that allows you to look outside. Although the rooms facing inside give an interesting inside view, at night time, you can hear everything going on downstairs and if folks are loud, you WILL hear them.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tamara S,

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that we were able to meet your expectations of a Hyatt. Thank you very much for your kind words regarding our staff and excited to hear that you enjoyed the location. Thank you for your feedback regarding the extra security measures offered in the guest room elevators. I will certainly pass that along for review. We hope that you will come back and visit again soon!