“Don't stay here!!!”

Hyatt Regency Savannah
Ranked #29 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 16, 2007

The Hyatt was far from impressive. The room was recently remodeled, but was musty and smelly. The bathroom was average, but very small. There was even a stain on our bed! The location was great-directly on the river- and there are lots of shops and resturaunts nearby. The indoor pool area was very disappointing. It is very claustraphobic and smells really bad. Don't go in July, either. It was miserably hot! I do suggest staying on the river and don't miss Lady and Sons restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank HotelSnob52
Write a ReviewReviews (3,078)

Reviewed October 13, 2007

Girls weekend in Savannah has always been a great experience - usually beginning with the hotel. However, we booked last minute and paid dearly $$$$. The Hyatt name usually means a lot, however the room was less than perfect. The bathroom was dirty (hairs in tub, pee on the seat, soggy soap). I could bet money the bed had bugs after two of us woke up with bites. GROSS! The TV was about 10 feet from the bed and it was a small TV - awkward. Wireless internet was just under $10 per 24hrs...that was fair. Check in was smooth - great service by all personnel we came in contact with...but we would not stay here again. The location was great, but I know we will spend our money elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank Shineykate
Reviewed October 6, 2007

Attended a conference at this hotel. Great staff, everyone from maid to bellman, from front desk to servers, provided consistantly outstanding service. The hotel room was clean and functional but uninspiring. The king bed was comfortable. Bathroom was really small (4'x5'?). The room had a slightly musty smell one can somtimes find in humid areas (like Savannah). HVAC worked well in my room but other attendees mentioned their rooms were warm. It was hard to connect to wireless internet: $9.95 24 hour period. Enjoyed the orange zest scented facial and bath soap. In-room coffee maker lacked gourmet coffee. Valet parking mandatory and $17 per day with in and out priviledges. Great location within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Several new hotels across the street, Hampton Inn, Doubletree, Staybridge, Courtyard provide new accomodations in the same location at a lower rate. Would not recommend the full service Marriott down the street- its a tired hotel too far away from the action of the Historic District. ttz

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank tommytourz
Reviewed September 28, 2007

For the price we paid we felt the value was poor.
Hotel has definitely slipped since my previous stay.The room was not clean, everything was dusty & the bathroom was not very clean, especially floors & tile was mildewed.
Not enough towels in the room, we had to constantly ask for more.
Tables at breakfast were also not clean, serving carafes were dusty.
Staff was nice & helpful. Location was good.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Cooking1
Reviewed September 25, 2007

I am currently staying in this hotel as I write this. It's my second night. All in all it's a nice hotel but needs some work. The bathroom is below average. The tub/shower is old looking and the toilet won't flush unless you hold the handle the entire time. The walls are thin! The tv in the room next door can be heard clearly all the time. We are on the corner of the building overlooking a new construction site which is pretty loud during the day but ok at night.

One thing that I can't stand to see is a hotel that charges for wireless highspeed internet! And the HYATT does! I can't sometimes pick up a Quality Inn in the area but not good enough all the time to use and the Hyatt charges $10 / 24 hours which is absurd in my opinion. Hotels should provide this AT NO CHARGE! Like the Sheraton in Birmingham does. I just stayed there the other night and was extremely happy with that hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank travelboy2007
Reviewed September 19, 2007

We took a 30 mile detour to come here. Room is nice but needs upgrading. We were looking forward to dinner inthe main restaurant only to find out it was closed (Sunday). Just to save a few bucks.Shame on you, Hyatt! Instead they recommended a New Orleans style dive acroos the street which was disgusting.

Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank MrWonderfulToronto
Reviewed September 7, 2007

First off, let me say I booked this through priceline and got it for 127.00 + taxes and fees per night, so for a two night atrium balcony stay I paid 299.00. Yay, I thought to myself. It's an okay deal! Then I checked in. The atrium view basically means that there is noise all times of the day and night from all the guests below. The rooms basically face inward to a sound trap. Who designed this monstrosity? Then there is the nickel and diming. 17.00 a day valet parking. 9.95 a day wi-fi. A nice letter reminding me that unless I contact the front desk, I won't get fresh towels. A one! cup coffeemaker for a double occupancy. Some strange bedcover arrangement without blankets? Small room. Dirty hair blower. Did I mention the noise? Thank god we only booked for two nights and switched to Savannah Bed and Breakfast near Chatham. Thankfully we finally received peace and quiet and free wifi, and free parking for the duration of our visit to Savannah. I strongly recommend against this hotel and bidding with Priceline for the 3 star will most likely get it for you in the historic district. Horrible horrible.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple