“I loved this place!”

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #59 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I just stayed here and this place was great. I am not sure what the others saw but our room was clean, the bed comfortable. No burns or smells just fresh bedding and a clean room. The staff was very friendly, The breakfast area was clean and the food was good. I will definitely go back to this hotel and I look forward to doing so!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ann marie l
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

As I've said in numerous responses to reviews, there have been lots of areas around the hotel that we are working to make right. I will definitely share your comments with my staff to let them know that their work is being noticed!

We look forward to your next visit (and hearing what you think of the new granite vanities we're putting in the rooms)!!

THANK YOU, again!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Asked for non-smoking, once checked in, noticed large black circle by bed, a cigarette was put out on wall, ashes on floor by bed, then noticed cigarette had rolled under microwave by former guest! Dirt under AC unit, coffee still in paper cup in bath area! Extremely DATED! Old, musty, if this is a "Choice" hotel I would like to know who's choice??? Will never trust this "Choice" disclaimer again!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Larry W
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience when you stayed with us.

Your room is definitely designated as non-smoking. While we cannot police the actions of the previous guests, our housekeeping staff clearly dropped the ball on cleaning your room.

You also did what I ask of any guest with an issue, which is to call the front desk and alert us. Thank you for that.

After this and a few other similar comments from guests, we are currently in the process of replacing 2/3rds of our housekeeping staff. We're also in the process of going section-by-section and deep cleaning rooms.

I can't undo your bad experience, but, let me know if there's anything we can do to help make it right.

Thanks again for letting us know about this. We can't improve what we don't know about.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We enjoyed our stay, we were both very impressed with the assistance received from the Reception staff especially the gentleman who checked us in on arrival. He was most pleasant and was happy to go out of his way to assist our needs. We would have no hesitation in staying here again when travelling through. The only area we feel needs to be improved is the quality of the mattress, we woke with sore backs as a result of a very soft mattress.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank DAVIDYOUNG8
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thanks for letting us know about your stay with us!! I'll pass your words along to our front desk staff!

I'm sorry our mattresses were too cushiony for you... We replaced all the mattresses last year and, I will say this is the first negative I've heard about them. Make sure you let me know when you're heading back this way and I'll make sure we make arrangements that will be a little easier on your back!

Thanks again for taking the time to tell us about your experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was the worse experience I've ever had a a hotel!! I had to clean the room, vacumn, and clean the bathroom, also had to change the bed, stains on sheets. Tried to talk to the manager, of course never to be found. Spoke with front desk numerous times and still no response from manager. I work in a hotel and would never rent a room to a guest in the condition that our room was in, also have bed bugs. Beware never again!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie R
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay with us!!

I would like to discuss the condition of your room and your inability to reach a manager in depth. Please contact me at 912 352-7100 and let me know what we can do to make this right.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

overall, clean, not too noisy, front desk cleark was friendly, would go back for the price= 70$/night for 2 double beds...good deal for savannah! they have a pool, weather permitting. Breakfast area is quaint, they have eggs and bacon plus the regular stuff for Breakfast included hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us!

We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you coming back to stay with us!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

First time staying at this hotel, but have been to the attached nightclub numerous times. I was pleasantly surprised at how large the room was. The room was neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Staff was very friendly. We will be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: There is a night club attached to the property. It's up near the front desk, so if noise is a pr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jrjagrl
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for telling us about your visit!!

The nightclub is definitely a popular feature!! There are plenty of "hotel lounges" in the area, but we seem to be the only one that features a DJ, huge dancefloor and capacity for 200 people!

Come back and see us soon! We've got plenty of events on the way!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

They have fairly new mattresses...sleep was restful and pleasant; Internet access was easy, and signal was strong; Coffee IS available 24/day; breakfast had the usual AND scrambled eggs and bacon...All very well prepared....Desk clerks were knowledgeable about local restaurants...

Room Tip: get on the highway side if possible, then you can walk to The Diner on Abercron in front of the hot...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank H Winston H
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

You seem to have hit all the highlights for me, so - - I'll just say thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!