“Great hotel, Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Midtown

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #57 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Ellabell, Georgia
“Great hotel, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

First time staying at this hotel, but have been to the attached nightclub numerous times. I was pleasantly surprised at how large the room was. The room was neat and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Staff was very friendly. We will be staying here again in the near future.

Room Tip: There is a night club attached to the property. It's up near the front desk, so if noise is a pr...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jrjagrl
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks for telling us about your visit!!

The nightclub is definitely a popular feature!! There are plenty of "hotel lounges" in the area, but we seem to be the only one that features a DJ, huge dancefloor and capacity for 200 people!

Come back and see us soon! We've got plenty of events on the way!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Czech first
Chesnee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

They have fairly new mattresses...sleep was restful and pleasant; Internet access was easy, and signal was strong; Coffee IS available 24/day; breakfast had the usual AND scrambled eggs and bacon...All very well prepared....Desk clerks were knowledgeable about local restaurants...

Room Tip: get on the highway side if possible, then you can walk to The Diner on Abercron in front of the hot...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank H Winston H
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

You seem to have hit all the highlights for me, so - - I'll just say thanks for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Florence, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this motel once a month for the past 2 years. I have stayed there my last time. The day staff is somewhat rude. I have had issues in the past and they have somewhat taken care of them. But this trip WOW. Roaches. As in plural. The little German variety. The rooms are never the cleanest in the world. But the are tolerable. This location is very convientent for my business. But I have to draw the line somewhere.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John D
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that we're losing your business, but I can't blame you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. We're trying to isolate the problem, and could use a little more information. We'd like to eliminate this for future guests.

You can reach me at 912 352-7100 or at gm.ga809@choicehotels.com

Thank you sir!
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

i was at quality inn last week, and it was excellent stay, starting from staff to management and rooms were neat and clean and the breakfast was awesome. price was reasonable and bed were comfortable. Last time I was there, it was beginning of last year from then I have seen really improvement in the hotel. They have upgraded T.v and new beds. I would say they gave new look to an motel. I really enjoy staying there, I would suggest to anyone to this hotel. Also location is good near downtown, from there it would approximately take 15 minute. There breakfast is also really nice serve little longer on weekends for guest at the hotel. i would say nice nice really enjoy. This trip was worth going there and give them a chance. There rooms have flat screen T.V. which was recently upgraded. To me it looks like after this new management they have spent really good amount of money, to get customer attention. Also mall is very next to hotel its walking distance. So anyone can spend time easily, for me it was business trip, but if you one of those person who would like go out with family and friends this is good place to stay at, it is quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank john s
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay! Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. If there was anything we needed the owners were very approachable, friendly and accommodating. They greeted us with a smile always. It is good quality and value for your dollar.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

After reading some reviews, I arrived at this motel with a degree of trepidation, expecting a unclean and damp room, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The room was spotless and fresh with flat screen t.v., safe, bath and shower, iron and board, microwave and sachet type coffee machine. There were plenty fluffy towels and spotless bedding and the bed was not especially hard.
The free breakfast was satisfactory with the cold consisting of cereal, bread, bagel, muffins and fresh fruit . The hot selection was mediocre, though, with scrambled eggs , sausage
I found the staff very obliging- they were happy to arrange a taxi for me to downtown. It is difficult to get downtown unless you get a cab.
Whilst my room was well serviced . I ll come back again

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking a chance on us!! We're glad to hear your room was nothing at all like you expected!! [Wait, that didn't sound right...]

I'm sorry the hot part of breakfast left a little to be desired. We do aspire beyond mediocrity.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We look forward to your return!!

(Although, I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would book a room they expect to be unclean and damp??!?)
north carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Average room. There were mold spots on the ceiling in the bathroom and above the sink. The bedspreads had stains on them. For the price the room was fine. The check-in staff was not friendly. We were not asked what kind of vehicle we were driving, only to show ID for credit card purposes. Plus, my credit card was charged before arriving and I did not book through a third party, so was allowed cancellation.
It was a busy weekend in Savannah so the hotel was full. After eating dinner out on Friday night, we arrived at our room to find no parking spaces available near our door. We were on the first floor at the farthest end of the hotel. There were several "Contractor" trucks taking up 6 or seven parking spots with one vehicle, parked lengthwise over the spaces. When I asked at the front desk, if this contractor could be asked to move his truck, I was told they had no way of knowing who the truck belonged to. We had to take our chances and park in a parking lot belonging to a restaurant at the end of the building.
The next morning the cleaning staff - two older people who apparently do not speak English - came and knocked on the door at about 11. I told them we were leaving in a few minutes. They didn't seem to understand, as they attempted to come in the door as I was closing it. I used hand signals to attempt a "five minute" symbol. They stood outside the door speaking loudly in a foreign language until we left.
The next day as I was attempting to pack the car, these same cleaning people were cleaning the room next to us. They parked the supply cart in front of our door, then seemed oblivious to the fact that I was trying to work around them to get to my car.
As seen in past reviews, Sam D. please don't waste your time with an apology, just better train your family members at customer service skills.
My daughter is a college student in Savannah, so we visit several times a year, I won't be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with us. Despite your instructions to the contrary, I will apologize for the mold spots and stained sheets (those are not standard in every room...) I'm also sorry you found our front desk to be less than friendly. I'm sorry the housekeeping staff was too eager to get your room cleaned. As you said, it was a busy weekend -- they had over 100 rooms to clean before check-in at 3 o'clock.

As far as the front desk not getting your car information upon check-in, hotels getting vehicle and tag # was a means of tracking people down who trashed the room or stole all the towels. It's a little passe these days.

I don't make apologies for the purpose of placating or pacifying bad experiences so we can acknowledge, dismiss and act like they never happened. I do it because it's my job to listen to what you and every guest here has to tell us about their stay -- good and bad. I do it because it's the only way we'll improve. I know that we have a few major projects coming up that will drastically improve the quality of what we offer our guests. We have no delusions about this property. It's not a 5-star resort with a pool by the ocean where models lounge around sipping mimosas. We're a 160-room exterior-corridor hotel with a hopping nightclub, a few ghosts (supposedly) and great location 4 miles from the expensive hotels downtown.

I've also seen this property at its worst (a couple of years ago). Under new ownership it's been revitalized. Are we at 100% of where we could be? Not yet... But I also know there's a lot of life left in this hotel.

I'm not even sure what the "family members" comment means... I mean I do, but I'm not even going to have that conversation here.

We wish you well in your future travels -- elsewhere...