“Disappointed”

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #60 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I had booked this hotel online for 3 nights after reading great reviews and seeing a 3 star rating. The description of the hotel made it seem that we would only be 5 blocks from the market... Not quite. I called the day before my arrival to confirm, but when I arrived they ended up loosing my reservation which was a headache. They then "upgraded" us to a king bed... Which was I had booked originally. I did not feel safe here, the room was not very clean and we never received any housekeeping services for the 3 days we were there. Would not recommend.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at our hotel.

There are a few different Quality Inns throughout Savannah. We often get inquiries from guests at other ones, and vice versa. There are even some similarities in the street address/phone numbers that have caused confusion in the past.

This may not be the case, but the disappearance of a reservation you've already confirmed leads me to believe that's a strong possibility.

I'm also curious about the advertising you saw that promoted us as being "5 blocks from the market"... (Although we are two blocks from one of the large malls in the area)

I'd like to discuss your stay with you further so I can determine where the breakdown in the system occurred with our housekeepers... 3 days without service??!? This should never have happened.

Based on your review, I don't expect that you'll return, but if there's a problem, please help us make it better for the next guest.

You can reach me at gm.ga809@choicehotels.com.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

If u want a dirty bath tub and a rude cleaning staff stay here. My husband travels all over the country for business and stays at quality inns (choice properties). This by far has been the worst.
The cleaning staff threw away food that we bought. Never replaced toilet paper or Kleenex. We have never had a problem getting late check outs. But come 11 am housekeeping is pounding on the door.
Oh and pets are allowed. So watch where u step.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank rndawn37
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. We're sorry it fell short of what it should have been.

Since your visit, we've met with our housekeeping staff and gone over the proper procedures of cleaning rooms (including bathtubs), and dealing with guests in a courteous manner.

I've also shown the picture you submitted to our maintenance director. He is putting that corner of the bathroom floor on the top of his list.

Apparently the front desk misunderstood about needing a late check out when your husband actually checked out at 10:25 (subsequently confusing the housekeeping staff when you're still in the room after 11)...

Between the check-out miscommunication, the condition of the tub and the housekeeping staff, it sounds like we got it wrong this time. If you found something in the room that fell short, I wish you'd have brought it to our attention before this so we could make it right.

Thanks again for letting us know about your stay. We'll do our best to make it a better place for the next guest.

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm on a vacation to both Savannah and Charleston first stop was Savannah and the Quality Inn midtown I picked it after checking the prices of rooms it was the best buy it turned out to be not only a good deal but I loved it clean nice room great breakfast big tv friendly staff I'm very happy with Savannah quality inn midtown

• Stayed: September 2013

We're glad you had a great stay with us!! Thanks for taking the time to let us know about it!

The 39" flat screens are just one of MANY improvements we've been making over the last year. Feedback like this lets us know it's noticed!

We hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were greeted warmly and with a smile. Made us feel valued. My 4 children loved it. The beds were awesome (appears that they were recently replaced) and we all slept great. We were so please with the hotel that we decided to stay an extra night.

• Stayed: September 2013
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We're glad you and your family had a nice stay with us!

The new mattresses are just one of the MANY things we've fixed up around the property! Thanks for noticing them!

Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time in Savannah, GA. The hotel was in a great spot, there was a nice diner right next door, that had great food and service and stayed open 24 hrs. The best part is that they have a night club attached to it. You can drink all you want and don't have to worry about driving back to your room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

We're glad you enjoyed your stay!! Thanks for taking the time to tell everyone about it!! (GREAT Pictures, too by the way!!)

Doubles Nightclub is a popular feature of the property, thanks for pointing it out!! (With the hotel conveniently attached, you could stay with us every Saturday night, and it's STILL cheaper than a DUI!!)

We hope to see you for your next birthday!! (Or even sooner!)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I got this hotel through my Visa card rewards so I didn't pay anything. We were on our way to Orlando and needed a one night stay to rest. On check-in, they gave us a smelly smoking room. The Clerk was pleasant and changed it for a non-smoking room at the very end of the complex. I had a cast for my broken foot so the walk was a bit much for me. There is a nightclub on the premises with some seedy characters but fortunately the nightclub only is open until 12 midnight. The room and bathroom were clean and I liked the fridge and microwave. There was a slight odor in the room though and there was mold on the inside plastic curtain. The standard beds (looks to me like 2 twin beds) are too small. There were three of us, my husband, my 10-yr old son and I and I didn't sleep very well as I had to share a bed with my son. Both my husband and son are big people. The good things about this room is the free internet and the free full breakfast. No problem with parking and lots of eating places within walking distance. For a one-night stay it is tolerable.

Room Tip: A room inside may be quieter and away from the nightclub. If you have a car you could pull up to yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sam D, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay!

The most important thing here is that if there's something not right about the room (the smell of the first room, for example) just give us the opportunity to make it right!!

There is often resistance to the idea of a nightclub in a hotel. I can assure you that our hotel management (as well as the city of Savannah, GA) would not tolerate a "bad element" or negative impact on the hotel. Doubles Nightclub was actually picked as one of the "Top 10 Dance Clubs" in Savannah (with the other 9 all located downtown).

The Double Beds are standard "Double" beds (as pictured in the photos). We're glad you were able to enjoy the Free Wi-Fi , Hot Breakfast and ample parking!! We are in a great location for nearby dining and shopping!!

We're glad we could be tolerable!! I hope your foot gets better soon!! I know how inconvenient those casts can be!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We were heading north and this was halfway point. They are renovating. Our room was fresh and clean. Refrigerator and microwave. Easy pleasant check in Good breakfast selection. Paula the woman in charge of breakfast room did an exceptional job. She even stopped by each table to greet guests. Pleasant stay and staff overall

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us while you were passing through Savannah, GA!!

We are indeed renovating... We have a new fence around the property, and wider walkways around the interior!

Miss Paula has been handling breakfast here for years and tries to go above and beyond every day... I'll let her know you mentioned her by name!!

We hope the rest of your vacation was good, and that you'll come see us next time you're passing through town!