“More than expected!”

Quality Inn Midtown
Ranked #59 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I booked the hotel because the workshop I was attending was being held there. It was easy to find and centrally located. I was warmly welcomed and offered a renovated room which looked new. The only evidence of renovation ongoing was work trucks in the parking lot; I heard no noise. The workshop space was adequate and the staff helpful. Breakfast was hot and the rolls delicious. I found the nightclub to be a welcome surprise and a fun place to hang out after a long day. I had a wonderful time, am recommending it to friends coming up soon and hope to return myself in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GayH32608
harshil P, General Manager at Quality Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay!! We're glad to have exceeded your expectations!

The greatest compliment you can give us is recommending us to your friends! We look forward to your return to Savannah!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stay in Savannah alot, but have never stayed here. The website looked great, but reality set in when I checked in. At first my room looked nice, but upon further review I found out differently. The T.V only had 4 channels available, everything else was snow, I called front desk and they said a Maint. Tech. would be there in a few minutes to help me....20 minutes later I called and said never mind. The shower ceiling was peeling and there were cracks in the paint. The ironing board has rust all over the legs and there is a rumbling noise coming from the a/c. I stay in ALOT of hotels and this is not impressive, especially being so close to downtown Savannah. Epic FAIL!

3  Thank cam442

I'm sorry you had a disappointing stay in our hotel. I understand your frustration after not getting resolution on your first call to the front desk. We would definitely have liked the opportunity to offer you a different room to make your stay more enjoyable.

I would like to know a little more about your stay so we can correct these problems for future guests!! If you have a moment, please contact Sam Diamond, our new Director of Sales. He would be very interested in discussing this with you further.

We've been working for the last year to fix up the hotel, and clearly a few details have gotten past us. Thanks for your honesty!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I came down for the day because it was our anniversary. The room was very impressive especially the king size bed. The location was great for the things we had planned. I would recommend this motel to my friends that visit Savannah quite often. The continental breakfast was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much!! We're glad you enjoyed your stay!! Have you made your reservation for next year's anniversary yet??

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, newly redone room. There was construction going on but we never heard it. The desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. Over all the room was one of the best parts of the trip. Glad I didn't go by the earlier less favorable reviews and took a chance on a work in progress. Loved it!

Room Tip: ask for rooms starting with 3, we were in 301 but it is a ground floor, outside entrance on the end...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking a chance on us! We've been working hard for the last year to make improvements all over the property. Reviews like this are a great encouragement!!

Thanks again, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a room for one night. We were in town for the seafood festival and wanted something affordable.This hotel was about 15 minutes away which wasnt bad and was worth the drive since the prices for a room downtown were so high. The desk clerk was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 4, 2013

After reading recent reviews of probinb and audrey 0829, we decided to try staying at the Quality Inn Midtown. It one of the earlier Choice properties with an attached lounge with dance floor that used to be so common. Since my husband and I both enjoy ballroom dancing, we were thrilled to find there was a d.j. who would play requests. There were some regular swing dancers in attendance, but they were more than receptive to a few waltzes, foxtrots, and chacha's. Being able to spend and evening dancing was a delightful surprise. Our room was pleasant, no strong air freshner scent to trigger allergies, a microwave, refrigerator, and a WONDERFUL bed, new and very comfortable. The desk clerk on in the evening suggested that we might try eating at The Diner across the parking lot when we asked for a suggestion of a nearby restaurant. An excellent suggestion for a meal that was tasty and not expensive; usual diner fare. Breakfast the next morning was hot with enough tables and chairs to seat all who came in; no jockeying for a place or balancing a plate. Easy access from Eisenhower to expressways. We will stay again when an occasion calls for us to be in Savannah.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed for one night and, having read some of the reviews, were not sure what to expect (we booked through Priceline). I have given everything except location a 5 which I believe is justified based on our stay and reflects what I would expect of a city motel. We arrived at about 9:30 and were surprised at how busy the lobby was but we were quickly checked in. Our hearts sank slightly when we realized that a night club adjoined the lobby and was in full swing - unusual for this style of motel. However, the good news is that our rooms were very quiet especially given it is located in a busy part of town - no road or other noise except the occasional guests who thought that their conversations were so interesting that that everyone should have the benefit of hearing them - an annoying feature of most hotels! Very pleasant, clean, comfortable rooms with a fridge and microwave and fairly new furnishings. An excellent breakfast with hot food was served and despite the motel appearing to be full we had no wait for a table.
It is about 5 miles from downtown, hence the 4 for location, but the drive is easy and parking plentiful when you get there.
This is a motel we will use again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family