“Bed Bugs in Room 130 - Look Out!”

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Bed Bugs in Room 130 - Look Out!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

Had the unfortunate experience of staying in room 130 that is infested with bedbugs. When I complained to the front desk in the morning, they seemed indifferent to the problem and refunded the night’s stay. When I asked what their plans were to clean up the room, they didn’t have an answer. I called corporate headquarters of Red Roof and they seemed a bit more interested in getting this room off the market until it’s bug free. We’ll see… My advice don’t stay at this hotel. I guess that’s what you get for $59 per night. I’m still itching 4 days later, and had to throw out anything that touched the bed and floor of that room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kirrabob
RRISavannah, General Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
In regards to bedbugs room #130. The hotel has an outside pest control that comes to the property monthly. The staff is trained in observing and monitoring any bug activity within and around the property. when this issue was brought to our attention the room was stripped of linen and the pest control company was called and as a precaution a second pest control company was called in to do an inspection of the property there was no bug infestation to be found by either pest control company. This information is available for any guest to review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Emmaus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2010

This was a better red Roof than most. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, and the neighborhood quite nice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

I stayed here based on other Tripadvisor reviews. First, it was strangely empty of guests. But the few that were there were put next to us and the walls were thin. Basically a quiet location, though. Our room smelled strongly of chlorine - I think it was near the swimming pool. The room also didn't seem very clean - mattress had spots on it. The lights over the bed didn't work, but they were fixed promptly when I reported to the front desk. Mostly the front desk people were friendly. Also, although our used towels were taken every day, they weren't replaced for some reason. It just seemed run down compared to other hotels in the same location and price range. I would not stay here again.

Stayed October 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

When we checked in Desha was very nice and got us right into our room. The room was clean with a big comfy bed. We drank coffee in the lobby before we headed downtown on the hotel's free shuttle. We had a great time just walking around downtown enjoying the city. All the staff was friendly and maintenance helped us out with a tub issue. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2010
clw31525, General Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our property. We are always looking for ways to improve and it is people like you who help us move up and forward. I am happy to know that my staff was able to meet your needs and help you enjoy our hotel and wonderful city.

Once again thank you for your comments.
Satellite Beach, florida USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here last year-this is our 2nd review. This time, we had room 229 upstairs with a fridge/micro/extra large/ wonderful new comfortable bed-$52.99plus tax(AARP discount price). Donna checked us in-she was super helpful-gave us extra towels on request-she also helped us look up a pizza place-I had forgotten the address. Anyway, I would never stay anywhere else-free and ample parking, safe area-Fresh Market gourmet market two blocks down Abercrom on the left(they don't sell wine on Sundays in Georgia). A two minute drive to Ardsley Park, the area of luxurious Southern mansions with streets of hanging moss-the beauty is hard to describe. The Red Roof breakfast is free-we bring our own expresso machine whenever we travel so that we can enjoy cappucinos in our room. But we went down to check out the breakfast scene at 8 in the morning-everyone seemed happy. However, maybe someone could drive over to Fresh Market and bring over some real French bread, serve some real butter, add a fruit bowl, and have a more European-style continental breakfast-I don't think this would cost them much-so much better than the chemical filled sugary muffins they serve. But this is a small point-Red Roof is perfect for us and we will not stay anywhere else while in Savannah-and, Thanks Donna!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your response to our hotel. We are working very hard at upgrading and meeting our customers needs. I am not sure I can get groceries from the fresh market however it is a wonderful idea and I will see what I can do to accomadate your request if you notify me that you are coming. Once again thank you again for letting us know of our improvements.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

My worst hotel stay ever. I made the reservation two months in advance, 2 rooms for 4 nights, requesting 2 cribs for my twin babies. When we checked in we got 2 upstairs rooms (no elevator) and one closed bag of travel play yard. We asked for at least one downstairs room, but did not get one. Then we went up to our rooms. One of them was dirty and had a “do not disturb” sign on the door. Had to go down to get an other room. We had to ask for a sheet for the crib. We got a full sized sheet set, half of it was wet.

The next day we climbed up the stairs juggling with the 2 babies (it’s a hassle to carry up the double stroller and it does not fit the door anyway) and none of our keys opened the door. The receptionist explained, that we should not keep the keys near credit cards or cellular phones, because they can deactivate the key. (I never had this problem before). Ok, from this time we kept all the keys far from everything else.

Next day we arrived back to the hotel in the afternoon to take a shower and we had to realize that we had no towels. We asked for them and got only one per room. We had to wait more than an hour to get more.

In the evening we got back. I climbed up with the two babies in my hand again and tried to open the door. We got locked out again. During our 4 night stay we got locked out about 6 or 7 times. Finally the receptionist told me it might be the battery in the door…

The last day I decided to talk to the manager about our stay. (Red Roof has a hassle free policy, I though the manager might be interested). Well I found out, that the manager won’t arrive till 10:30. The receptionist left her a message, that I wanted to talk to her, but she did not call me. As 11:00 is the check out time, arriving at 10:30 is a perfect time for the manager to avoid all the unhappy guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
clw31525, Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. You were allowed an early check in to the property this explains why both rooms were not ready. You also did not have a special request put into the reservation for downstairs room at the time that you checked in we had 2 family reunions going on that had been booked prior to you making your reservations. We do strive to accomadate the request of our guest to the best of our ability. I also spoke with you myself 3 days prior to your arrival where you asked at that time about cribs I informed you that they were already being used however we did have 1 still available but not 2. we are only a 2 story exterior property so there is no elevator that is the design and beyond our control. 12:00 noon is our check out time and I am normally in the office between 8:00 and 9:00 depending on what I have for appointments in the morning. I work approximately 72 hours per week and I never intentionally avoid my guest unhappy or happy I am sorry that you feel that way. I would also like to apologize for your keys not working properly during your stay. Please note that I do like to recieve comments on where we failed to meet our guest needs and your comments have not gone unnoticed.
Mgmt

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Started out with not putting me in room I booked, then told me it was my fault for not calling property to enusre they were informed of my reservation. Then I had to literally search hotel for room with fridge and microwave like i booked. The desk clerk gave me rooms keys and said, please go check and see if this room has fridge. This took more than one time to find a room. The room was booked on Red Roof Inn website.

I am a professional gay man, but the desk clerk kept insisting to put my partner and myself in a room with 2 beds when I specifically told her WE wanted a king bed.

The bath room had mold on grout in tub and you can see light under the door. At this point I was so over it becuase every time I tried to get a descent room, she sarcastically kept saying she wanted me happy.

On the next day after being in the hot humid weather, i went to take a shower only to have no towels at all, I had to drip dry because I called and waited more than 20 minutes and I had to go to desk to get towels. As a rewards member, I wonder how this property even keeps its franchise. The pool has sand and dirt in it and a very cloudy, slight green color.

The Guest computer and the automated coffee machine were both out of order.

I would not recommend any one this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Guynmadison40
clw31525, General Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding our property. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and I apoligize for the problems that you endured. I can assure you that it has not gone unnoticed and is being handled.
Sincerely