“Good location and value”

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
Ranked #99 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Savannah, Georgia
“Good location and value”
Reviewed December 5, 2009

This is an affordable hotel, close enough to historic Savannah, and a great alternative for people traveling with pets. We have an 80 lab, so it can be difficult to find hotels that allow you to stay with such a large dog. The hotel is only about 20 minutes from the riverfront and they offer a free shuttle, but the last pick up is at 9 PM, so a little early on the weekend. But overall a great value and the shuttle drivers were friendly as well.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Issy76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2009

nearby historic savannah - the free shuttle on weekends was a plus - friendly driver and staff - we will go back

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
NC
Reviewed July 19, 2009

My husband and I stayed here a Thursday - Sunday. The front desk was very helpful in arranging a room for us that was by the pool per our request. We informed the front desk of our pet and they advised us to display the "don't disturb" sign to ensure room service would not enter. We had no problems with this.

The hotel was overall clean and very convienent to historic Savannah without the price tag. If you are looking to spend more money on entertainment and dining while still comfort in lodging, Red Roof Midtown is your place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We were looking for a safe, clean and convenient place to stay during an overnight getaway. The Red Roof was easy to find and is in a nice neighborhood with plenty of close-by stores and restaurants. Savannah's historic district is an EASY 10-15 minute drive (depending on your luck with traffic lights). Our room was comfortable and quiet and the staff members we came in contact with were friendly, helpful and efficient. The only (minor) criticisms we noted were:
- Some mildew on the ceiling above the shower and some corners and edges of wallpaper and borders beginning to lift and peel. (Not surprising given the heat and humidity in Savannah during the summer months)
- A large stain on the carpet between the beds which sparked conversation on theories about its origins until the wife got creeped out and told us to stop talking about it.
- The water level in the pool was quite low. No too surprising as it was the end of a HOT day that obviously been a busy one for the little oasis. The water was still clear and refreshing, but not circulating through the skimmers so floating debris had nowhere to go.
- The dining area... I'll start by saying that this comment can easily be a standard review comment for ANY of hundreds of similar properties across the nation that do their best to adapt their lobby areas to serve dining room duty each morning. The lobby/dining area is small and the buffet area can be a challenge to navigate for anyone but the earliest risers. The food is fresh and the area is clean... a testament to the dedicated young man charged with the daily challenge of working around and cleaning up after legions of shuffling "morning zombies".

Minor nitpicks to be sure.

Thanks Red Roof! We left refreshed and happy.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AlabamaSmith
lebanon tn
Reviewed May 22, 2009

great hotel,very clean,great staff and very clean
close to down town easy to get to and allot of fun
also have a computer to use and great breakfast

give it a try it's a nice place to stay

number #0703

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I stayed at this hotel in April and May 2009 and have been highly pleased by the rooms and especially the front desk staff. While it is an older exterior corridor hotel, the staff is very friendly and welcoming. Rooms were well put together and clean. I stayed here when the property was a Hampton and rooms are still in Hampton type condition with less toiletry amenities. Overall it is a great value in the Savannah market.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank flyfisher_ba
OH
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My mother and I stayed at this hotel.
Now I don't know what everyone wants in a hotel , but for me as long as roaches aren't climbing the walls I am pretty happy. I mean, how much time are you gonna be there??
Anyway we were allowed to check in at noon even though I think check in is 3 PM. Now this was on a Wed so I don't know if it had been the weekend we would have been so lucky.
The room was basic and clean...bathroom is a little small but there is an area to "put on your face " and plenty of mirrors to use so that was ok. Plenty of towels, tv worked, microwave, fridge, hair dryer.Not many little soaps and shampoos, but I don't use them anyway.
We went out for lunch right down the street at Sweet Potatoes(which is great by the way!)
We decided to try to explore. Oh my! Beware a lot of streets only go one way and not the way I wanted to go. Going aorund squares takes getting used to as well. Anyway we came back and were going to try to call AAA to get help with directions, etc. My mom called the front desk to see if they knew of one close. The sweet lady at the desk -I believe Deborah-said honey come on up and I will help you!
She highlighted our map to let us know how to go! (in hindsight I feel stupid cause it was a straight shot up Habersham to River St right out of our hotel but hey were from out of town!!)
Now the one bad thing is planes fly overhead at night from the airforce base. I learned quick...turn the AC unit on and got earplugs at Kroger...and I was fine!!
The breakfast is ample if you are not expecting eggs and bacon. I am not a big breakfast eater early anyway...maybe for brunch. Save the room for Mrs Wilkes instead!(Yes you need to go there !) But they have cereal, bagels,pastries, toast ,muffins. And plenty of the most important ...coffee!!
After breakfast, we asked the lady at the desk how to get to the tour stations.She told us if we wanted to use Old Savannah Tours...they would come out and pick us up. Now this is not the 10.00 dollar one but for 25.00 it was worth it not to drive around the first day til I got my bearings. She called them for us and they picked us right up at the front door and brought us back! Also this hotel has a van that will take you to town but we did not use the service so I cannot comment on it..but this is only available on the weekends.
The night before we left I was able to use the computer to check my flight home. The printer did not work to print off directions to the airport,but the nice lady at the desk gave them to me and they were much more simple than the mapquest directions!!
Did not use the pool,but looked nice and clean.
So bottom line:
You are not at the Ritz, but it is clean and comfortable.
You are only 5 miles form town (drive out of the lot and go down Habersham will take you right to River Street shops and resturants.
You really do need a car...so rent one if you did not drive in. You can go to Tybee and see Bonadventure Cemetary if you have one. Parking is sucky and expensive if you have to pay in town-we lucked out and found a spot at River St the first night (meters are free after 5) You can rely on cabs(expensive) or hotel transport (not sure of hours though). Tour bus companies have free parking, so drive and park there and take a trolley. You need to anyway to get familar with downtown.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
Feel free to email me if you have questions...If you have not been here before as we hadn't it can be very confusing getting around!

• Stayed April 2009