“Very disappointed!!!”

Ranked #98 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
New Bern, North Carolina
“Very disappointed!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We got to the motel at 2:30, had to wait til 3:00 to check in. We requested a room on the ground floor, for some unknown reason - they weren't that busy, we had to walk the whole length of the motel plus half another one to get to our room. There wasn't any coffee maker, microwave or refrigerator in the room. I went to hang up our clothes and the hangers were missing. I went to turn on a couple lamps and when they didn't light, I checked for the reason. One had a burnt bulb and the other was missing! Also, the price posted in front of the motel was not the starting price. We definitely won't stay there again!! The female who booked us in, had a cold and sounded like she should be in bed, not dealing with the public and infecting them! Savannah is such a beautiful city, it was not a good way to end our vacation on our way back to NC.

Room Tip: Ask if they have the necessary appliances, i.e. coffee maker & etc.Most motels have them now, so...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AHarrison1622

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kilmarnock, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Um,the 1st room they gave me,wasn't good.Went to the 2nd room,forget the remote.Had to use the controls on the tv.They didn't inform me that each room had it's individual router for wifi.Was getting ready for bed when I found the unplugged router.The air conditioning worked but it wasn't fantastic.I believe the next time I travel I will just stay at the Best Western.

Room Tip: Don't have A clue.If ya have extra money,stay at another place
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank thrilled747
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear thrilled747,

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This used to be a good value hotel - not the Ritz, but okay. Sometime between August 2012 and August 2013, the hotel went from being a Red Roof Inn property to a Motel 6.

The only good thing about this hotel was the price - still reasonable for Savannah.

We've stayed here for a few years, but this will be the last time: Rooms weren't cleaned properly, no towels, lousy service at the front desk, and the grounds, pool and rooms have been allowed to get really run down. Cleaning staff were still cleaning rooms at 6:00 p.m. (including, allegedly, the room we received after a 20-minute wait). Perhaps if the cleaners spent less time yelling on cell phones and more time actually cleaning the rooms, there wouldn't be un-made beds, dirty floors and gross bathrooms.

We also noticed a number of sketchy people who seem to be living there.

The pool itself was okay, but the area around it was pretty awful - trash on the tables and the deck, beer cans on the walkway to the pool.

We won't be going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 007_nic
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear 007_nic,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and service conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was just an overnite stop for us, I think that was good. Room was ok, but not great, service was friendly, but not great. There were not enough pillows in room originally and they did get some more for us. Intended to do their continental breakfast next morning and nothing there, looked like never was, so we checked out. Restaurant next door was pretty good, though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Grove City, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

LOVE Savannah, HATE this hotel! I think there are people actually living here all the time (?) It seems like the 'hood' with loitering and hollering back and forth across the balconies. There is constant noise. Friends of desk clerks hanging out in the lobby all the time. I don't think the room was cleaned from the previous occupant or maybe the previous 4 or 5... There was obvious dirt on the carpet and on the bathroom floor. The toilet was absolutely filthy. I found that we only had 2 towels. I called the front desk and asked for additional towels and was told we were only allowed to have one per person. I thought the guy was joking- NOT. I told him the room was dirty- he could not have cared less. The next morning I went to the front desk and told them that the toilet had ran all night and also about the lack of concern from the night clerk about our request for additional towels. She assured me that the toilet would be fixed and fresh towels provided before our return. Well, we returned, toilet running, no fresh towels and our bed was not made. I again went to the desk to see if I could get some towels. I told them that our room still had not been cleaned. I was told that they do not clean during our stay -WHAT? I have stayed in MANY hotels and NEVER have I stayed in one that the bed was not made and fresh towels provided daily- even CHEAP hotels. We just stayed in Brunswick in a hotel (Comfort INN) it was $5 less and we got breakfast, phone in the room, iron, alarm clock, microwave, fridge, complimentary toiletries and newspaper- This hotel has NONE of those BASIC amenities. We only had 2 tiny, flat pillows even though we had a king size bed. No point in asking for pillows if I couldn't even get an extra towel, that's for sure! The information in the front lobby stated expanded cable, not so much. This place is horrible, I would not recommend it to anyone. They obviously don't care about the comfort of their guests.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else! Sleeping in your car would be better!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rusti T
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Do not stay here, this motel was recently a Red Roof Inn and was a great value and family oriented. It has now turned into an apartment complex with loitering and noise constantly. Friends of desk clerks hanging out in the lobby, people who "live" there hanging out on the balconies and sidewalks to the rooms like it is their front porch. Water pours out from under the bottom of the tub causing an ocean in the bathroom floor. We had to constantly asks for towels and bath clothes. No PHONE in the rooms so if there were an emergency you can't call 911, no alarm clock, no hair dryer, and no iron. The information is the front lobby stated expanded cable and we were only able to go to channel 24 and then there was "fuzz". They say pet friendly and give you a pamphlet at check in but do not have all the rules and regulations regarding where the pets can and can't be on the property. The pool area also does not have all the rules listed. Maintenance person was more like a rent-a-cop walking around finding certain people to pick out and harrass. Awful, awful experience...don't stay here, the value is not worth the hassle.

Room Tip: Don't stay in any of them.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bett A
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I checked into this hotel, and quickly left. This hotel is disgusting. The people that work here are rude. The other guests during our short stay were also very rude, loud, and ghetto. The rooms were not taken care of. We weren't happy with the first nasty room we were given. We got an "upgraded room" which was also dirty and falling apart. We are still fighting to get all of our money back. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business