“Property is now a Motel 6- No longer a Red Roof Inn”

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
Ranked #99 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Dublin, Georgia
“Property is now a Motel 6- No longer a Red Roof Inn”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Property has changed brands and was in the process of some needed maintenance. The desk clerk was helpful and friendly. She gave us a discount because were there to be with a relative at Savannah Hospice making it the cheapest room I could find within a mile or 2. The lobby appeared clean and recently renovated. Our room was not cleaned properly and showed it's age with stains on walls and carpet. I was looking for a cheap room and that is what we got a cheap room. Bathroom was dirty, no shampoos, one each worn out towel, hand towel, bath cloth, no coffee maker, old furnishings, older TV. The bed was reasonably comfortable. We did stay at another motel the next night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KouponKing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Don't be fooled by the looks of lobby while passing thru , checked in around 5:30 ,And greeted by the front desk help in which ,she spent the total time checking me in on a personal call, The room was filled with a loud musty smell,the carpet had large stain all over, it clearly from water damage and never been cleaned,the bed had noticable hairs all over it ,reported to front desk immediatly, and requested a refund and was refused .I PACKED MY BAGS AND GOT THE HELL OUT!!!!! I COUNTED IT AS A LOST

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank TAMMIE H

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I will never stay here again, the paint in the bath tub was chip look like it needed to be refinished, a roach in the bathroom, customer service wasn't good. They suppose to moved us to another room never contacted us to do so. So we had to stay in that nasty room another night. Very disappointed :(

Room Tip: Not Red Roof Inn
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Abbey M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I just got home from a trip to Savannah. The activities were great, however, we chose the wrong hotel. The Red Roof usually has a decent reputation--not this one. The property looks nice from the outside, but the rooms are dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!! There were cigarette butts in the room as well as dog food on the floor. The sheets were dingy and there was hair all over the restroom and sink area. I asked for clean sheets, but we had to wait 1 hr and 45 mins to get them, after being told it would be a 10 min wait. This was a BAD CHOICE.... It sits in a good location, but that's all I can say about it. Take my advice, please choose another hotel for your family.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank danielle w
Royal Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The hotel looked fairly new. However, it was very dirty. dirty windows in the room with finger prints. computer chair had greasy leg marks. The bottom mattress was exposed and dirty, very dirty, like blood stains..... stairwell had trash. I definitely would not recommend this hotel...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I found German cockroaches in my room, there was no coffee in the morning and my credit card was charged TWICE! I called them three times to remedy the situation and got no response and had to file a claim with my bank.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dylan C
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Spend more money for a better place. My family and I were in savanah for a family reunion. From the time we got here it was a disaster. The room was extremely dirty. The sink,tub, and toilet looked as though they hadn't been cleaned months. We didn't have enough towels which was the minor part. I went to front desk and was advised house keeper left and was given towel and cleaning agent, I asked for towels and pillows. They brought me towels and pillows. Howe er, the pillows they brought me were all stained, one with blood. What.....I was not going to sleep on that and neither was my children. Then, I checked the bed and asked for new sheets. Striped the bed only to find more blood on the matters cover...horrible and outraged is the only way to describe it. My husband and I took pictures. I went to front desk to advise again and was told they have no more doubles. In addition, I was advised by an employee that next time we should check trip advisor because this Red Roof Inn is rated one of the worst and has many complaints. Hence, why I am posting this. No one wants to sleep in these kind of conditions. I will contact the BBB and health department due to the blood Bourne pathogens that could be passed by these nasty contaminated pillows and sheets. No matter where you stay make sure you bring your Lysol. You do t know whom, or what has happen in your room.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family