“Not the best Red Roof experience” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Stephenson Ave, Savannah, GA 31405   |
Ranked #101 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
Orlando, Florida
“Not the best Red Roof experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Room was inexpensive and the location was convenient to the downtown historic district. Room was a bit shabby and housekeeping was not up to snuff. Had planned to stay here again on our return trip but made other arrangements instead.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank RCKTRAVELER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Traverse City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Traveling for 3 months from Red Roof to Red Roof (with doggie) this particular Red Roof was fantastic. Our first nonsmoking room had smoke smell, a polite and courteous change was made. Overall very clean and fresh. Their breakfast included waffles!! Stayed 3 days and visited Savannah. Convenient location to downtown. Ryans restaurant across the parking lot and a shuttle to historic Savannah. Much good shopping nearby.

Chestertown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof for two nights. Husband wouldn't move. It was not clean, the shower head was falling from the wall, the maid never came to make the bed. On the plus side, it was cheap. That is the only good thing I can say. I would not stay there again although the access to the historic downtown was great. We loved the haunting beauty of the historic area.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

very dirty toilet stopped up personal not very friendly bad breakfast

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ralph944
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I'll start with the good - it was cheap and in a decent location. The young lady who checked me in at around 7pm on Friday night was very courteous and helpful.

The bad:
I found a roach in my sink area. Yeah.
There was dirt all over my bed sheets, like someone had put their feet on them or something.
There was hair in the bathroom that was not mine.
My garbage never got emptied.

So here's what really pissed me off. One day I didn't receive any clean towels. I took my dog downstairs to use the restroom and decided to stop in the lobby and ask for some. Instead of just handing me a towel, the front desk lady(not the same as the lady who checked me in) decided to lecture me for bringing my dog in the lobby (apparently they don't want him contaminating their fabulous continental breakfast). Girl please. 1) if I had been given towels in the first place like I SHOULD HAVE BEEN, then I wouldn't be in here with my dog asking for them now. 2) he's already in the lobby. Why don't you zip it and give me my towel so I can get my animal out of here? 3) It is *I* who should be worried about this hotel dirtying up my dog, not the other way around. I mean, I found a ROACH in my room. My dog is not dirty. He bathes often. He obviously gets cleaned more than this hotel.

I could go on and on, but basically this place is DIRTY and the staff doesn't do its job. Never, ever again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Satellite Beach, florida USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Once again, we chose the Midtown Red Roof for it's location-a one shot drive into Hauntingly beautiful Ardsley Park/downtown Savannah via Habersham Street which is directly out of the Red Roof parking lot, or go one block to Abercorn Street. Free parking!(all the fancy hotels downtown charge $13.00 a night to park in a garage, by the way). Thank you Donna and staff for the extra towels/tips/helpfulness, etc. We stayed in room 119 on the ground floor. Safe area, pool was gorgeous, but we did not use it-Handy ice machines-fridge/micro in roo all worked-AC great/bed large and comfortable-the bathroom needed some basic maitenance-tub needed repainting/toilet handle was jiggly, little things that can be easily fixed. We were there 3 nights-there were two maintenance guys working on the hotel on Monday morning. We paid $58.49 on Saturday night-$44.99 on Sunday and Monday with AARP discount. Fresh Market and a Publix are three blocks away-we always bring wine/cheese/fruit to our rooms. We also carry our own cappucino machine, and keep the milk in the fridge. No reason to ever partake of a junky free breakfast in any hotel in the USA. We will always choose this hotel. There is also a T.J Maxx one block North of the hotel with a nail place/Marshall's, etc. No complaints at all on this trip.

Room Tip: ask for the ground floor-no lugging bags upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sneepy
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great time! I was able to get this hotel at the last minute after our first hotel cancelled our reservations bc they overbooked....stupid. However, I thank Red Roof for everything!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family