“Roach roach roach roach roach” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Savannah Midtown

Motel 6 Savannah Midtown
Ranked #101 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Nashville, Tennessee
“Roach roach roach roach roach”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I'll start with the good - it was cheap and in a decent location. The young lady who checked me in at around 7pm on Friday night was very courteous and helpful.

The bad:
I found a roach in my sink area. Yeah.
There was dirt all over my bed sheets, like someone had put their feet on them or something.
There was hair in the bathroom that was not mine.
My garbage never got emptied.

So here's what really pissed me off. One day I didn't receive any clean towels. I took my dog downstairs to use the restroom and decided to stop in the lobby and ask for some. Instead of just handing me a towel, the front desk lady(not the same as the lady who checked me in) decided to lecture me for bringing my dog in the lobby (apparently they don't want him contaminating their fabulous continental breakfast). Girl please. 1) if I had been given towels in the first place like I SHOULD HAVE BEEN, then I wouldn't be in here with my dog asking for them now. 2) he's already in the lobby. Why don't you zip it and give me my towel so I can get my animal out of here? 3) It is *I* who should be worried about this hotel dirtying up my dog, not the other way around. I mean, I found a ROACH in my room. My dog is not dirty. He bathes often. He obviously gets cleaned more than this hotel.

I could go on and on, but basically this place is DIRTY and the staff doesn't do its job. Never, ever again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Satellite Beach, florida USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Once again, we chose the Midtown Red Roof for it's location-a one shot drive into Hauntingly beautiful Ardsley Park/downtown Savannah via Habersham Street which is directly out of the Red Roof parking lot, or go one block to Abercorn Street. Free parking!(all the fancy hotels downtown charge $13.00 a night to park in a garage, by the way). Thank you Donna and staff for the extra towels/tips/helpfulness, etc. We stayed in room 119 on the ground floor. Safe area, pool was gorgeous, but we did not use it-Handy ice machines-fridge/micro in roo all worked-AC great/bed large and comfortable-the bathroom needed some basic maitenance-tub needed repainting/toilet handle was jiggly, little things that can be easily fixed. We were there 3 nights-there were two maintenance guys working on the hotel on Monday morning. We paid $58.49 on Saturday night-$44.99 on Sunday and Monday with AARP discount. Fresh Market and a Publix are three blocks away-we always bring wine/cheese/fruit to our rooms. We also carry our own cappucino machine, and keep the milk in the fridge. No reason to ever partake of a junky free breakfast in any hotel in the USA. We will always choose this hotel. There is also a T.J Maxx one block North of the hotel with a nail place/Marshall's, etc. No complaints at all on this trip.

Room Tip: ask for the ground floor-no lugging bags upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank sneepy
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and had a great time! I was able to get this hotel at the last minute after our first hotel cancelled our reservations bc they overbooked....stupid. However, I thank Red Roof for everything!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Courtney_A_2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have two dogs, and finding a decent hotel can be tough. This Red Roof was great - didn't charge a pet fee; the property and room were very clean. Staff was very nice, and helpful. Plenty of area to walk our dogs too. Our time here was limited, but we slept well. Room had a fridge, a lounge chair, king bed, with plenty of room to spare. Not bad for $50! A few restaurants within walking distance made it an easy stay.

Room Tip: Book the room on their website for the best rate
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Erica1018
Niskayuna, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

All I needed was for the hotel to be clean, and for it to be cheap. This provided me with both of those things. The hotel was very clean, although the bathroom was kind of falling apart. The bathtub flooring was coming up, but it did look like it was clean anyways. The sheets FELT clean and not hard and crunchy like some hotels.

The front desk was really friendly upon both check in and check out. The maid service was subpar considering she tried to get me to give her my key when I left my room and chased me down the hall, and also left the TV and lights on when she cleaned our room.

There is a complimentary breakfast but it wasn't anything I'd really eat. Some bread, cereal, muffins. The coffee is actually really good coffee, I was impressed.

They do have a shuttle service, the drive is about 15 minutes away from Historical Savannah, but it driving in is very easy and parking in Savannah is cheap and easy as well. There were a lot of other restaurant's and fast food places near us if you aren't going for the historical feel of Savannah and just want a chain treat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MEelbrecht
Easley, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

Booked a two star hotel thru Hotwire. When I learned I would be staying at the Red Roof Inn Midtown, Savannah, I was mortified. I even called Hotwire and told them they needed to read the reviews of this property posted on TripAdvisor.

Guess What? I was totally surprised. The property is very attractive from the outside and Room 169 was very clean and more than I expected for the price I paid. The property has been updated with new windows and plantation shutters in each room. I would recommend this property based on what I saw and I searched to find something wrong, couldn't find it.

The only negative comment I can make is that the pool had a sign posted that the pool is approved for ten people total. I thought this unusual since it is a hotel pool. The furniture around the pool was well worn and in need of replacing. Otherwise, great place to stay. The area is nice and there is an excellent restaurant on Waters Avenue.....The Exchange Restaurant and Bar. Leaving the hotel, turn right on Stephenson Avenue. When you get to the stop light on Waters Avenue, turn right. The restaurant is on the left side, immediately after the turn at the light.

Room Tip: I booked thru HotWire.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pfishlady
Fort Pierce, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

First room that was assigned was filthy and they gave us another room. Second room was almost as bad. There was mold in the bathroom, vents coated with lint, front panel off the sink vanity and sitting on the floor. We left our second morning with instructions to housekeeping to change the beds and leave extra towels. Upon our return at 6:30 our beds weren't made, dirty towels were still on the bathroom floor and trash still in cans. We were told that housekeeping was gone and they would send the shuttle driver down to service the room. We left for dinner. When we got back he had dropped the sheets off for us to change our own beds. NO clean towels. When we talked to the girl at the front desk she asked the driver to service the room. He stormed out cussing saying it wasn't his job...and guess what? They ran out of clean towels. Why didn't we go elsewhere? There wasn't a room available in Savannah that weekend! What a disaster. I highly recommend this motel if you enjoy paying for filth, mold and the worst service you can imagine. They will certainly live up to your expectations!

Room Tip: Read reviews and plan way ahead.
Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank worldtraveler5229

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels