“My new home away from home”
Review of America's Best Inn

America's Best Inn
Ranked #100 of 116 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I will defiantly return to this hotel. The service was great the rooms were very clean and very comfortable. They are only minutes from the flea market which we enjoyed also. The hotel is perfectly located with restaurants all around. We had a great family vacation, and have found our new stop when we return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mark5642
Sam P, General Manager at America's Best Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thanks a lot for Staying with us.
As you know we are the new Management and we are trying our level best customer service
and Thanks for feeding your experience for our Hotel.

Any way Thanks a lot and May be see at your next visit., as you have Good experience at our hotel.

GM
AMERICAS BEST INN

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I came here with my family as we were traveling through back home a couple days ago, and for some reason all the hotels were either booked or had really high prices. When we entered the hotel, the front desk clerk gave us an amazingly great rate and worked out with us, and was more than willingly to show us the way to our room. The rooms were actually quite clean, despite of the other reviews here. The person at the front desk gave us showed us some interesting places to eat, close by. I guess there's new management, probably that's why me and my family had such a good stay. Everything was great, except for one thing. Sadly the pool was closed, so that was the only disappointment.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MelissaSilver

Sorry for late,
Any way I am very much thankful to you for staying at our hotel.
We are trying our level best to serve and accommodate to you.
And when your next visit definitely you will see more excellent service and more comfortable.
Any way thanks a lot.

GM
Americas Best Inn
Savannah GA

Reviewed May 16, 2012

The rooms were not clean. The hotel was noisy. The "continental breakfast" was bad donuts. We could not wait to leave. We've stayed at other Americas Best hotels. This by far was the worst. It turned us off to the chain for the remainder of our cross-country trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stains on the sheets. Burn marks on the furniture. Mold in bathrooms. I seen three rooms: one worse than the next.

Room Tip: Go La Quinta.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Bed was too soft and mattress sloped to center, carpet dirty, tub discolored (couldn't tell if dirty or stained), blanket threadbare and had bleach stains, spread stained, door did not fit in frame so could see daylight all around it, no facial tissue. Small refrigerator in corner of room with small microwave on top. Fridge still had energy stickers on it. Have no idea why someone wouldn't have removed those. Fridge was not turned on so even if we had food to put in it, it would have been hours before it was cooled off enough to hold food safely. First thing, we had to ask for toilet paper. Two of the three dresser drawers were FULL of trash! Empty wine bottle, beer and soda cans, clothes, styrofoam food container and just trash! Can't imagine how long they had been like that but someone certainly didn't check. Sorry, but about the nicest thing I can say about this place is that it didn't smell. Many other options in area, so avoid this place if you can.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

While the ABVI in Savannah was not the WORST hotel we ever stayed at, I cannot say it was anywhere near the best, either. My wife and I stayed there for 5 days during the first week of June. My first impression when we arrived at 2:30 in the afternoon was an empty parking lot and no one to be found at the front desk. I have NEVER had this happen when staying at a motel. Finally, the owner's wife (who also served as one of the cleaning crew), showed up--she originally could not find our reservation--and gave us our room.

Upon entering the room, we noticed the cover to the smoke detector was on the bed, there was a hole in the comforter, the refrigerator was unplugged, and the electrical outlets next to the bathroom sink did not work. The breakfast area was not well maintained, either. There were too many requests we had to make, and while the owner and staff did respond to many of them, the whole experience made our time in Savannah less than what it should have been.

There are too many other hotels (some of which we have stayed at) in Savannah to recommend this one, even if I am a Value Club member. Sorry.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

In the past we have had very nice stays in Americas Best Value Inns - this was not one of them. I had booked 2 nights stays ahead of time, based on the write up and past experience, so that is why we stayed here and did not change hotels. I agree with kellierae that this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The head board was damaged, there was a huge hole in the side of the mattress, the light switch plates were worn and badly marked, there was mold in the shower, it needed painting and caulking done, no tissues and none available at the desk and we had to ask for towels etc., etc. The breakfast was a joke - packaged muffins, cardboard bagels, coffee, orange juice and that was it. So when all is said and done this stay has now turned me off Americas Best Value Inns and I will never book ahead with out seeing it first. Too bad because others were good value for your dollar. Bottom line - don't stay here unless they do a major make over.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple