“A beautiful retreat that makes you feel at home”
Review of Forsyth Park Inn

Forsyth Park Inn
Ranked #10 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Myrtle Beach, SC
“A beautiful retreat that makes you feel at home”
Reviewed September 7, 2006

The Forsyth Park Inn is a warm and relaxing B & B which makes you feel like you are at home. After entering the main entrance and catching your breath from looking at the beautiful stairwell, you will be greeted by a friendly and knowledgable staff. The evening appetizers and the evening desserts top off a relaxing day of exploring Savannah. Then, the next day started with a delicious breakfast and the entire day was enjoyable thanks to the help of the staff of the Inn by helping us find gems of things to do in Savannah. The home is architecturally pleasing to the eye and the courtyard garden smells terrific with all of the lush greenery. I will return to this location, for the Forsyth Inn stole my heart.

• Liked — The clean and beautiful location
  • Disliked — I loved everything!!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank SCTravels55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Central Florida
Reviewed August 19, 2006

We spent three nights at the Forsyth Inn in Savannah recently.
I was a little apprehensive as I'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast and I wasn't sure what we'd find. Turns out we found a beautifully preserved and decorated 19th century home with excellent food, great service, and friendly people who made us feel welcome. It was a wonderful experience and we'd like to return sometime, perhaps in the spring.

2 Thank WatusiLucy
Henderson KY
Reviewed August 18, 2006

My husband booked our stay at the Forsyth Inn Bed & Breakfast as a surprise vacation and retreat for the two of us. What a great surprise! Room #4 was beautifully decorated, inviting and extremely comfortable. The linens for both the bed and bath were crisp and clean. Turn down service with comfy robes were provided if we wished. Our room included a small sun porch with additional seating, a private bath and a very roomy entry area with closets. The room was very bright, which was perfect for us. We loved the early morning light, which was dimmed slightly by the planation blinds on the windows.
Each morning a delicious and hearty breakfast was presented at a time we disignated at check in. The meal included fresh fruit, juice, coffee, teas, yogurt, granola plus a predetermined entree of eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, biscuit or pancakes that varied each morning depending on the cooks choice of the day. In the early evening , wine, coffee, teas and light snacks of cheese, fruit or small hors d'Oeuvres were available in the parlor. In the late evening, coffee, teas and simple desserts were provided. Pitchers of iced lemon water were always available in the parlor.
The staff was extremely friendly but respectful of privacy. They were helpful in providing directions and suggestions for sight-seeing and dinner reservations.
The Inn fronts Whitaker Street with a garden courtyard in the back. The courtyard was visable from our bedroom window and was accessible for our use. It was a lush and beautiful garden with a fountain. Additionally, the porch was accessible from the parlor and was offered as an option for breakfast dining. We chose to remain inside for our meals but did enjoy the porch and rockers for our late evening coffee.
The Inn is located directly across from Forysyth Park. You can see the fountain from the porch. It is a great place to enjoy the beauty of the park at all hours.
We enjoy walking and the Inn is only one mile from the Savannah River. The walk is not only an easy walk but provides a wonderful view of the City and its beautiful architecture.
There were two cats at the Inn. However, there was no sign of pet odor in the Inn or animal fur in the guest rooms. Only one chair in the parlor did display fur, which was cleaned each day. The staff often asked if the cats were a bother. They were not. However, if they had been an issue, I am sure they would have restricted the activity of the cats.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and would return again.

• Liked — Good food, great room, very comfortable bed, beautiful furnishings
  • Disliked — We loved it all so we have no negative comments.
  • Tips/Secrets — Park your car at the Inn and walk!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsEdward
Atlanta
Reviewed August 18, 2006

The Forsyth Park Inn ... The Best Inn I have ever stayed at in Savannah. I come 3 times a year and stay in a different Inn each time. This Inn is even more beautiful than the website photos. My room beautiful....... with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the only true park in The District. The staff prepared a wonderful rose petal turndown and breakfast in bed. My room was fresh, clean, bright and the decor was outstanding. The Inn keeper prepared the most delicous breakfast and when finished sat outside with us and shared ideas and not to miss savannah sites. I truly will never stay another night at any other Inn in Savannah. The Forsyth Park Inn got me at the first hello.

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank ReneeSabetta
Fort Pierce, FL
Reviewed August 13, 2006

The Forsyth Park Inn was the first B&B I've ever stayed at and I am truly hooked! The experience was great. The staff is very warm and helpful, the accomodations are great, and the food is wonderful. I stayed in the Cottage and had both the privacy needed as well as the ability to utlize the comforts of a Bed and Breakfast Inn. I highly recommend the Forsyth Park Inn!

• Liked — Quality of service
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
1 Thank btbeaty
Washington DC
Reviewed August 11, 2006

My husband and I stayed in this very enchanting place in beautiful Savannah. This has been another of our many stays in this beautiful Inn which keeps bringing us back for the past 7 years. The Inn is indeed a safe respite for people who want to relax and enjoy quiet times in lovely surroundings. After a restful night Lori, the Innkeeper prepared a hearty breakfast to allow us to enjoy the delights of Savannah.
Dr Monique C. Grelot
Washington DC

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank MCG3
Atlanta
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I'm not sure if the past few reviewers stayed at the same bed and breakfast that I did. I stayed in an upstairs room #6 which faced out into the courtyard. The room was very spacious and there was ample place to store our clothes for our stay. The bathroom was also nice with a large tub.

When we arrived at the front desk we were immediately checked in and given a map of Savannah. There were only a few places where we were going, but the woman at the front desk knew exactly where they were on the map. At that time we were also asked what time we wished to have breakfast.

During my stay, like a previous reviewer, I needed an ironing board as I had brought my own iron. So I asked for one. She responded by saying do I need it right now or can it wait. I said no big deal I dont need it immeditately as I could see she was busy helping another guest. So yeah, I got my ironing board two minutes later instead of "immediately" (sarcasm for those that dont know), along with an iron.

As far as what another reviewer said about flies around the food they serve, that is simply not true. Also when we ate breakfast even though there were several guests in the house we got to eat breakfast on the porch by ourselves.

Everyone at the Inn was very helpful and courteous. The location of the Inn was right across from Forsyth Park, and its a short stroll into the heart of the Historic District.

I would definitely recommend this Inn to others, and hopefully someday I will be able to return.

• Liked — The size of the bedroom, the setting of the house, the courteous staff
  • Stayed July 2006