“A Wonderful Stay in a Wonderful City!”
Review of Forsyth Park Inn

Forsyth Park Inn
Ranked #11 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My wife and I spent a couple of magical days at the Inn. We never got to see or converse with Lotti, but the same thing occurred at the "Wayside Inn" in Sudbury, MA. No ghosts, but an excellent "living" staff at a splendid B. & B. in a magnificent city!

B. & K.

Room Tip: Room no. #3 is the place to stay at the Inn!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked this through a Living Social deal as we were staying in Savannah a couple nights on our way to visit family for the holidays. We had never stayed at a B & B before. The reservation process was a little confusing as the person taking the reservation seemed distracted and had to call me back to verify some details. When we arrived, we were given what had been promised and all was well. The main house is adorable and the front porch is a great place to sit during the afternoon libations and morning breakfast and take in the views of Forsyth Park. The food was incredible. We took part in breakfast, afternoon snacks & wine as well as the evening sweets & coffee; all was great. Jerry is a unique person and he adds a lot of character to the place; he loves to visit with the guests and we enjoyed meeting him. He was very helpful in getting us a cab to go to dinner and had a lot of dining & shopping suggestions. We had our little dog with us so we stayed in the cottage. It was great to have our own little place. There was enough space for us with a sitting area, small kitchen, bedroom & bath. Our only issue was the bed. If you like a hard bed, you will love this one. We, however, don't. It was very uncomfortable to sleep on. There is a day/trundle bed in the living room and that is a bit more comfortable so there is that option (which I used on our second night). The courtyard behind the main house and next to cottage was adorable with a patio, fountain and cute gate. It gave us a sense of security and privacy as well as a nice setting. Overall, for our first experience in a B & B the Inn at Forsyth Park was wonderful.

Room Tip: The cottage is behind the main house and helps reduce the street noise. If in the main house, ask fo...
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The house was incredible and the staff was friendly and very prompt. The meals were incredible...and the young lady baking downstairs really made the place feel and "smell" like home. I followed my nose and found the cookies in the kitchen, where I wasn't supposed to be but couldn't help myself, and was rewarded for my compliments! Settled almost dead center of Forsyth Park this place was remarkable. So close to everything you need. Parking is a little tricky so you'd better brush up on your parallel parking skills and leave the big truck at home. Just saying. Oh yeah...and the best burger ever (imho) and I've been everywhere for them, is served at Betty Bombers (American Legion Post) just down from the house. Grab a burger and a beer, chalk up your cue stick and I'll meet you there!

Room Tip: I don't think so! I don't want anyone taking my room for my next visit. They are all good...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori B, Guest Relations Manager at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for the fabulous detailed review! Glad you enjoyed some of our homemade cookies!! We look forward to having the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Excellent room overlooking Forsyth park (#7). Easy walking to restaurants and the river. Great breakfast; nightly coffee and pastries. You will find Old South charm in the Inn. Staff very helpful. WiFi.

Room Tip: Be mindful that some room face a busy city street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori B, Guest Relations Manager at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

We love that you found "old southern charm" here at Forsyth Park Inn! That is a true compliment. Thank you for your kind review, and we hope you have the opportunity to come back to the inn for another Savannah, GA visit.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We loved, loved our stay at the Forsyth Park Inn. We had reserved another BnB but cancelled it when we got a Living Social deal for this one. The location was great and the staff (mostly) was really incredible. The breakfast was seriously some of the best food we had while in Savannah. Everything was really clean and we really cannot say enough good things about our stay here.

I would note that we were in Room 9 - which has 4 windows on the park side. Great views and wonderful lighting. But you do get street noise. It did not bother us at all, but if you don't want that noise I would ask for one of the courtyard facing rooms. That being said, our room seemed a little set off from others and we did not ever hear another person there unless we were downstairs in the common rooms.

My only complaint is that they really shouldn't advertise that there is a fireplace in the room. When I made the reservation I explained that I was from a tropical climate and really wanted a fireplace. I was told Room 9 would be perfect. It technically has one, but it's barely there. Also, when we called to ask for help on how to turn it on, Jerry told us he couldn't find a lighter and couldn't turn it on. So we walked to Kroger and got one and asked for his help. He seemed kind of put off, complained about how the fireplace doesn't work and that they all need to be cleaned, etc. It was awkward to say the least. We did get it going and just lit it ourselves after that. All that said - it really didn't diminish our stay here. We still loved the room and laughed about the entire conversation.

Room Tip: You can narrow it down pretty well online. All of the rooms we saw were really neat looking. Our roo...
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We have just checked into the Forsyth Park Inn, by any standard, a beautiful, well appointed property. We were immediately impressed by the property and our welcome from the staff member on duty on Christmas Eve.
However,it quickly went downhill. My husband booked this property for two reasons, they are pet friendly and we wanted a room with a fireplace, as our reservation was through Christmas. It turns out our room does have a fireplace, but it hasn't been working properly lately and we have been told it is not working tonight. That is disaster number one. At the last minute we did not bring our dog (luckily!) because although they are pet friendly, it is only the cottage on the property that is so, and that is not our room! Jerry, the gentleman on duty, agreed it was very lucky we did not bring the dog as they would not have allowed us to stay with the dog. They have agreed to take 10% off of our bill,however, that does not make up for the prevarication of the booking agent or the disappointment we are experiencing. They are holding us to the next 2 nights of our reservation. We will be leaving here with a bad taste in our mouth and we haven't even been here overnight yet.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Atoche
Lori B, Owner at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

In response to your disappointing experience, I am truly sorry that you left the same day and that I did not have an opportunity to meet with you the next morning as I had planned. Although we did not have another king suite available with a fireplace, I would have offered you your choice of 2 other queen suites with fireplaces. Christmas Eve afternoon my plumber was at the inn working hard to try to remedy why the flame in your room would not stay on continuously. A part had to be ordered and again, I do apologize. It certainly was not our intention in any way to disappoint you. In fact, we are in the business to please our guests. I too was very dismayed when I learned you had left the inn that night giving me no way to personally address your issues. Secondly, we are indeed a pet friendly inn and offer our guests 3 room options with private access to the outside of the inn. If you were to, and you did not, arrive with your pet, I would not have turned you away under the circumstances. Again, I truly wish you would have given me an opportunity to meet with you and try to remedy your concerns.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Forsthe inn in room 1. Our view of the park was unbelievable. The house was simply elegant with 12' doors and 12' windows! We learned of the history of the house connecting it to the Titanic! And the murder that took place, unfortunately we didn't get to see any ghosts ;) this will be the only place we stay when we return!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

So glad you got the opportunity to hear some of the inn's tales...Perhaps you can visit again soon, and maybe you'll be lucky enough to encounter a Savannah, GA ghost! We love sending our guests on all the different ghost tours in the downtown area, and we will certainly help get you on a tour if you'd like next time. Thank you for the kind review, and we look forward to hosting you again.