“Room with a View”
Review of Forsyth Park Inn

Forsyth Park Inn
Ranked #11 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stayed in room 6, located in the rear of the 2nd floor overlooking the fountained patio. Soothing, quiet and peaceful after our long days of visiting the historic district. Staff were great and quite accommodating in answering questions on the Savannah area during the social periods of breakfast, mixers and evening snacks where we enjoyed meeting the other guests. If your a couple looking for a nice getaway, we would recommend and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Patio side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Our stay was very nice! The staff and owner were all very friendly and accommodating, and the daily breakfast, snacks, drinks and appetizers were wonderful. If you are big on watching TV or movies, our particular room only had a small old tube tv in the sitting room (which wasn't viewable from the bed) but I am not sure if the other rooms have better (or more easily viewed) televisions or not. However, that did not hamper our stay as we had so much planned in the evening with eating out, etc. and we were able to watch a movie from our laptop with the free WiFi. I would recommend the Inn for a couple looking for a romantic escape into the past! :)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was our first visit to Savannah, and we will definitely be back! The Forsyth Park Inn Bed & Breakfast was a delight to behold, and we enjoyed our stay there so much. We were even able to select our room in advance by going online to view photos of each room. We stayed in room #7, which was large and comfortable. It had a beautiful king-size bed with gorgeous linens and comfort beyond compare. The breakfast each morning was delicious and filling -- cinnamon pancakes the first morning and scrambled eggs the second morning, along with a fruit cup, numerous juices and other beverages, and ambiance to boot. The service was excellent with a very friendly and gracious staff. The wine and "goodies" each evening were exceptional as well. Our stay at the Forsyth Park Inn to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary was just the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, street side, and while we could hear the traffic a bit, it was not enou...
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at Forsyth Park Inn was very pleasant. I enjoyed the staff, breakfast and snacks that were available. However, I mostly enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch. We stayed in room #2 which is located downstairs near the front desk, which is where my issue is. The room itself was very cozy, the bed was comfortable and I surprisingly slept very well. The room also faces the court yard and I enjoyed the sounds of the fountain at night. However, you can hear everything going on in the lobby and with reception. There was one receptionist that wore high heeled boots (on hardwood floors!!!) and it seemed liked she stomped everywhere she went and it was the most disturbing noise ever!!! It was so bad that we had to leave the inn until after 9p, which was when she left. Between the hours of 9p and 6a it is a very peaceful place, but after those hours you will need earplugs, unless you are upstairs. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and I was even happier that I did not see the resident ghost "Lottie" (Google it). If you can get a special deal, I would say go for it, just pick your rooms wisely.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are located downstairs, and are very lound and near the ice machine and reception. Rooms 1...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Lori B, Owner at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment to let others know of your experience at the Forsyth Park Inn. We are so sorry to hear about your discomfort with the noise level of room #2. We have spoken with the staff regarding the type of shoes worn during their shift. It was just one of those things you really dont think about until someone brings it to your attention, so thank you. We are also appreciative of your kind remarks and are always pleased to know that our efforts in providing guests with the highest level of customer service is well received. Your gracious comments will be shared with our staff as they will be pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a sincere pleasure to have you as our guest and we do hope for the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Forsythe Park Inn twice now. Both experiences have been wonderful. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Couldn't ask for a more comfortable room, great breakfast, sweets at night and appetizers and wine in the evenings. Dwayne and Jerry are very informative and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed all of their restaurant and bar suggestions as well as tour suggestions. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We will definitely be staying again in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Front desk fellow - Dwayne - friendly without being unctious, very accomodating, makes a point of remembering your name when you come down the next morning: a nice touch.

Spotless place, handy parking on the street outside, lots of steps (as expected in a Savannah old house). We stayed in a ground-floor room at the back and it was silent.

Get up in the morning and sit on the balcony when you eat breakfast and watch the exercizers run and walk their way around Forsyth Square. If you hang around till lunch time, there's a cafe in the middle of Forsyth Square which is pretty, but nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my husbands and I first bed and breakfast that we ever stayed in. I was very happy and pleased. Jerry and Dwain were awsome very helpful and friendly and the rest of the staff as well. The food was excellent the location was great you can walk to everything. The house was charming our bedroom was cozy. The only thing I was concerned with was they need to put a bar somewhere near the tub it is a ball and claw bath tub and there was no where to grab on to when getting out. (Hung on to poll for shower head not a good idea.) The rooms were clean and comfy. The room we stayed in was room 6... I hope some one turned in my necklace I forgot it in our room realized it the next day after we left. It was on the turn knob on the lamp next to the door. I called for them to check the room but someone already was in the room they said they would ck later. They did call me back but it was not there. Over all though great place to stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with a ball and claw tub.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple