“Beautiful Forsyth Park Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Forsyth Park Inn

Forsyth Park Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Palm Coast, Florida
“Beautiful Forsyth Park Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was our first visit to Savannah, and we will definitely be back! The Forsyth Park Inn Bed & Breakfast was a delight to behold, and we enjoyed our stay there so much. We were even able to select our room in advance by going online to view photos of each room. We stayed in room #7, which was large and comfortable. It had a beautiful king-size bed with gorgeous linens and comfort beyond compare. The breakfast each morning was delicious and filling -- cinnamon pancakes the first morning and scrambled eggs the second morning, along with a fruit cup, numerous juices and other beverages, and ambiance to boot. The service was excellent with a very friendly and gracious staff. The wine and "goodies" each evening were exceptional as well. Our stay at the Forsyth Park Inn to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary was just the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, street side, and while we could hear the traffic a bit, it was not enou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My stay at Forsyth Park Inn was very pleasant. I enjoyed the staff, breakfast and snacks that were available. However, I mostly enjoyed sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch. We stayed in room #2 which is located downstairs near the front desk, which is where my issue is. The room itself was very cozy, the bed was comfortable and I surprisingly slept very well. The room also faces the court yard and I enjoyed the sounds of the fountain at night. However, you can hear everything going on in the lobby and with reception. There was one receptionist that wore high heeled boots (on hardwood floors!!!) and it seemed liked she stomped everywhere she went and it was the most disturbing noise ever!!! It was so bad that we had to leave the inn until after 9p, which was when she left. Between the hours of 9p and 6a it is a very peaceful place, but after those hours you will need earplugs, unless you are upstairs. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay and I was even happier that I did not see the resident ghost "Lottie" (Google it). If you can get a special deal, I would say go for it, just pick your rooms wisely.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are located downstairs, and are very lound and near the ice machine and reception. Rooms 1...
Lori B, Owner at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to let others know of your experience at the Forsyth Park Inn. We are so sorry to hear about your discomfort with the noise level of room #2. We have spoken with the staff regarding the type of shoes worn during their shift. It was just one of those things you really dont think about until someone brings it to your attention, so thank you. We are also appreciative of your kind remarks and are always pleased to know that our efforts in providing guests with the highest level of customer service is well received. Your gracious comments will be shared with our staff as they will be pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a sincere pleasure to have you as our guest and we do hope for the opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Forsythe Park Inn twice now. Both experiences have been wonderful. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Couldn't ask for a more comfortable room, great breakfast, sweets at night and appetizers and wine in the evenings. Dwayne and Jerry are very informative and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed all of their restaurant and bar suggestions as well as tour suggestions. Our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. We will definitely be staying again in the future.

Waynesville NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Front desk fellow - Dwayne - friendly without being unctious, very accomodating, makes a point of remembering your name when you come down the next morning: a nice touch.

Spotless place, handy parking on the street outside, lots of steps (as expected in a Savannah old house). We stayed in a ground-floor room at the back and it was silent.

Get up in the morning and sit on the balcony when you eat breakfast and watch the exercizers run and walk their way around Forsyth Square. If you hang around till lunch time, there's a cafe in the middle of Forsyth Square which is pretty, but nothing special.

East Hartland Ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was my husbands and I first bed and breakfast that we ever stayed in. I was very happy and pleased. Jerry and Dwain were awsome very helpful and friendly and the rest of the staff as well. The food was excellent the location was great you can walk to everything. The house was charming our bedroom was cozy. The only thing I was concerned with was they need to put a bar somewhere near the tub it is a ball and claw bath tub and there was no where to grab on to when getting out. (Hung on to poll for shower head not a good idea.) The rooms were clean and comfy. The room we stayed in was room 6... I hope some one turned in my necklace I forgot it in our room realized it the next day after we left. It was on the turn knob on the lamp next to the door. I called for them to check the room but someone already was in the room they said they would ck later. They did call me back but it was not there. Over all though great place to stay...

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room with a ball and claw tub.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I both thought the inn was beautiful and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The room was lovely and spacious. The breakfasts (made by the owner) were superb and the evening wine spritzer's and finger food were great to relax with. The only problem we had was the noise of traffic at night (at least in Room #1) was very loud and it was difficult to sleep.

Lori B, Owner at Forsyth Park Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Forsyth Park Inn for your recent stay in Savannah. We have read your comments about the inn and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. It is very important for us that our guests’ experiences are shared. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at The Forsyth Park Inn.
brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I had a beautiful visit here. We had room 8 it has a double bed my only gripe!!! It was clean and beautifully decorated. The food was excellent any special requests were graciously handled. We were given so much help on tours and taxi information.. A big thank you to Dwane who was like a friend we've had for years , his humor and genuine joy in his work is a breath of fresh air. We will be back . Savannah is a beautiful city.