“Horrible-stay away”

Ranked #110 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Atlanta 'burbs
“Horrible-stay away”
Reviewed July 10, 2006

This motel is disgustling. My husband and I stayed there for one night and that was one night too long. The carpet was so filty we were afraid to walk on it barefoot and the shower was so dirty we didn't even try it out. The toilet ran all night and would only flush every so often, not every time we tried. The air conitioning was loud, but that was good because it drowned out the sounds from the surrounding rooms. The walls are like paper. There was water damage on the ceiling and the chair that used to be green is so dirty it is black now. The desk chair had a big tear in it and stuffing was coming out and the finish on the lamps was peeling off. We had a mini fridge and microwave, but didn't use them. There was also a coffee maker, but no coffee was supplied. The king-sized bed was shaped like a crater and you had to roll uphill to get out of it. The pool area looked better than the room, but we didn't try it. The continental breakfast was a choice of Cheerios or Froot Loops. The staff was disinterested, but not openly rude.
There are a LOT of other hotels/motels at this exit and almost all of them looked better than this one.

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2006

My husband had planned a trip for us to Savannah for our 1 year anniversary. He
booked us in a NON-SMOKING room prior to the arrival (approximately 4 months
prior to stay). We arrived, and Mgmnt had us in a smoking room. There were no
rooms to switch to that night, so we had to deal with the smell. The first
thing that I noticed was the sink, which still had dirt granules in it,
obviously not cleaned from prior guest. I then, looked at the bathroom to find
that the toilet was barely flushing and contained hair from other individuals.
Next, is the shower - above the shower there was a spot on the ceiling, where
pieces of the ceiling were falling down into the shower. It was also leaking
something into the shower (waste from the room above?, probably!) There was a
sliding glass door to go out of, but barely opened or closed. Once was opened,
afraid that you would not get it back closed. First thing the next morning, I
asked to be switched to a better, non-smoking room, and the manager stated that
he would take care of it, but one not available until 1100 AM. So, my husband
and I were gone all day from the hotel, and as much as we needed to switch
rooms, I KNEW that I'd better call to make sure that at 1100, they had it in the
computer. Sure enough, girl at front desk had NO IDEA what was going on, but
did state that she would move us to a non-smoking room in the computer so that
they wouldn't all be taken by the time we got back and we could pick up keys
when we arrived back at hotel. We finally got switched to the non-smoking room,
which was cleaner, or appeared to be. The last day that we were there, right
before checkout, I sat on the loveseat, putting my shoes on. Approximately 30
minutes later, My legs started itching. I asked my husband if I had gotten
bitten by something. He stated that it looked like a bug bite. It turned out
to be three bites, that have required the use of antibiotics in order to get rid
of. I will not use Econo Lodge again; and that is sad because I am sure that
there are clean ones out there, but this location definitely needs to clean
their act up!!!!! I have contacted corporate, who stated that they would be back with me in 48 hours, that was 1 week ago - No word YET!!!

Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I read the previous review, but we were just traveling home and staying one night and I thought "It can't be that bad". IT WAS. This was the worst place I ever stayed in. The furniture was old and dirty looking, big spot on the carpet, I thought the toilet would never stop running when we flushed it. We felt itchy when we left. STAY AWAY!! We always stay at Econolodges on our way to Florida and back home to Massachusetts and never came across anything like this.

• Stayed April 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2006

This was the nastiest motel I've ever stayed at in my life!! You would do better to sleep in your car! Where do I start? There were no towels or toilet paper in the bathroom, the shower curtain rod was duct-taped to the wall, paint peeling in the room and on the doors, the vent in the bathroom was rusty, the carpet was dirty, and the bedspread had a hole in it. It's an open-hallway type of motel, so there were ferral cats and tree frogs roaming the halls, which I didn't mind as much as the giant bugs! The pool was decent, but we were told the waterfall pump wasn't working....shocker. The service was TERRIBLE! Two nights in a row, we called for towels and pillows, which were never brought. One of the front desk employees was downright rude, while the other one was clueless. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay at this motel!

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 23, 2006

Room was filthy, slipped on floor in bathroom twice from the grime. No safety latch on door. Most shocking, when I woke in the morn to take dog outside, realized sliding glass door was coming off the wall and any prowler could have walked right in my room without making a sound. When I informed front desk, to my horror, I was simply told the hotel needed some repairs, no effort to get my room # to insure that future guests were safe, no apologies made. Thank god I had my dog with me or I would have freaked!

• Stayed March 2006
Colonial Heights, VA
Reviewed April 17, 2006

We recently stopped for an overnight stay in Savannah, Georgia at Exit 94 off I-95. I had priced rooms ahead of time and booked 2 rooms at the Econo Lodge. The lady working the front desk was very nice, but the hotel itself is a wreck! It is in serious need of renovations. It was not the cleanest place in the world either. I am guessing this is why the rooms were quite a bit cheaper than those of neighboring hotels. You may want to pay a little more for a better place and skip the Econo Lodge.

3 Thank Ddc721
montana
Reviewed March 23, 2005

we were trying to find a place to cover the gap between coming into town kind of off schedule and staying at an inn downtown, over the st pat's holiday. all of the hotels anywhere close to savannah charge an arm and a leg for st pats weekend. this place was the cheapest we could find (at 70 bucks) that was not in east timbuktu.

the place was not so clean. paint was peeling off of the walls, there were smears all over the windows, the closet shelf was in imminent danger of falling off of the wall, the toilet flushed and flushed and flushed, mold was growing on the wall near the sink, and wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom. outside was not much better. broken glass was in the bushes, trash over flowed the bins, and stray cats were everywhere.

stay away!