“The basics count the most...”

Econo Lodge Midtown
Ranked #84 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

It's not hard, to pay more for the basic requirements that travelers actually need for a reasonable accomodation for a few days/nights. When traveling, I don't want more than I need, nor more than I'm going to use. Simply, the basics count far more than the aesthetics- a clean room, a quality mattress and bedding, a practical and functioning bathroom with ample hot water, air conditioning (an American requirement, not shared in foreign countries at an equivalent price point) and heat, TV (WiFi is a modern plus,) simple front desk procedures and reasonable security (it's a urban environment-not Disneyland.) Everything else, frankly, is an extension of an interior decorators 'theme.' I don't expect them to be nutritionists, nor offer a concierge experience. I stay at the Econo Lodge Midtown for exactly these reasons. It's never more than I need and never less than I expect, which puts it, on my scale... as just right.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Comfort, Quality and Price, have to be three of the most important things when traveling and THANK YOU for noticing we provide them all. It is so great to hear when a guest is happy and enjoyed the stay. I will share your comments with the team and we hope if you are in the area we will visit us again. Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards,
The Team at Econo Lodge Midtown

Reviewed December 15, 2013

As soon as I got there I got pissed off when I called I got a quote for one price and then when I got here I got an even higher price 74 dollars when I asked about why the price changed the old man at the front desk got an attitude and slammed my money and I'd on the desk yelling at me if I wasn't pregnant I would have kicked his butt. I'm calling toe owners this is very unprofessional something needs to be done I stay here often. Other than that everything else was fine and quiet my kids had a ball.

• Stayed: December 2013
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your recent stay. I can assure you that your complaints and issues are heard and will be resolved immediately. As you acknowledged in your response we are looking into this situation. However, this does not excuse the unpleasant variables that resulted in your disappointing stay. I can assure you that steps are being taken to assure this issue does not re-occur.

In the future I do hope you would be willing to give us another chance and let us showcase our property.

The Team at Econo Lodge Midtown Savannah

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel is good, but the manager has to be friendlier. We stayed in room 110 and everything was great. Breakfast should be improved somewhat healthier option. For $ 50 you can not expect Hilton service so I can not complain more. Not bad if you're looking for an average hotel for sleep.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate knowing the things that please you as well as those areas that need our attention. It is our goal to provide the high quality standards you have become accustomed to from the Econo Lodge & the Choice Hotels Brand. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our breakfast selection. You will be happy to know we are in the process of improving our selection on our breakfast menu. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during our breakfast bar. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

The hotel seemed recently renovated with new bedding and furniture. The breakfast is average with only few items to choose from. Location is great with full access to everything in Savannah. Overall nice hotel compare to other hotels nearby. Do not stay at Rodeway Inn or Quality Inn Midtown unless you want to experience horrific time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

WOW :) Thank you for your great comments and GREAT advice regarding the other properties :)
We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your room. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging.

Happy Holidays

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We found the room very nice and clean. The hotel is located near shopping malls and restaurants. We were also only about 10 min drive from the Historic District. We plan on visiting Savannah again and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sharon m
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

We are pleased to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. In addition we would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding the cleanliness of your suite. I will be sharing your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

The Team at Econo Lodge Midtown Savannah

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed on a Saturday night n the sheets were dirty n the room as well. Front office service did not care. Bad location and didn't seem safe for your vehicle. Overall do not recommend Customer service was awful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Masterkey H, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time to let us know we did not meet your expectations. We try very hard to exceed our guests need at every turn. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We strive to please all of our guests and appreciate your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The place was very nice and clean. The customer service was very friendly and helpful. It was definitely worth the stay. Convenient place to stay at, it is near the mall. Liked it a lot. Would recommend to friends for a place to stay in Savannah for a few days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank biology082

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com. It is delightful to hear you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable in your guest room. Our staff strives to serve excellence in guest service and we are happy to have exceeded your expectations.