“Dirty and smelly... not worth the money”

Days Inn Savannah - Abercorn Southside
Ranked #102 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I'm not picky; but I'd rather be camping. At least then I'd be prepared for the dirt and there would be fresh air. Rust on the lamp, hair in the sink, the hair drier and it's cord were filthy. The manager stood outside smoking with the door open and the lobby smelled like smoke. The sheets didn't look clean... I'm just glad I brought my own pillows. Our room was prepaid by the group we're with or we would not have stayed.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 21, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Enjoyed staying here, has been my family's #1 choice for our trips to Savannah. The price is more than fair for the quality of the rooms, soft CLEAN towels, good hot & cold breakfast.
Sure, one could stay at newer, maybe even better hotels, but at a higher cost. With this economy, this place is a great deal. (I've used hotels search engines and seen worse hotels charging a higher price; helps to know the city too).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is one of the worst motels I've every stayed in. The only positive is that the sheets seemed clean and there were no bed bugs. The rest can be defined as 'awful'. They put me in the wrong room to begin with, after lugging all the luggage to the room. Since it was their error they said they would discount the room, which upon checkout they said the night clerk was not authorized to do that. There were 5-6 pieces of exercise equipment of which NOT ONE was working. The pool and hot tub were murky and at breakfast there was no coffee for over an hour. The room itself was nasty, carpet raveled and filthy - even blood stains by the sink and the desk chair had black grease stains. When I went to take a shower there was NO HOT WATER. It was at the point time to leave this place.

Room Tip: As far as I'm concerned, there is no good room. Room 139 nor 142 is acceptable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been staying at this property since Nov.18 2012/ RM 115. My lease from my old place was up and had to stay at a hotel until I find another place. I picked this property because it is close to my autistic sons' school. My stay here has been miserable. The manager(Dave) has a very nasty attitude, unprofessional and have been very harassing. Staying in a hotel while trying to find a place to live becomes very expensive. Except for a few times, I have been a day late paying for the room but always always pay my bill to 0 the very next day. I have explained to the manager(Dave) many times of my situation and always communicate to him that I may be a day late please try to work with me,that I will have pay next day. I would think that a person staying in the hotel for as long as I have would be treated a little better. I have put a lot of money into this property and have not gone past 2 days without paying.I have alsways paid when I say I was. This manager is very rude and has no compassion for people. I understand this is a business but isnt there such thing as trying to accomadate a paying guest. I was even of accused of not paying for 2 days in front of some other guest by this manager....needless to say I was very embarassed. I have to go all the way to the room to get my computer to show that the hotel had charged my card.after looking it up in the system it was indeed showed that my card was charged and it was a mistake on their part, he even threaten to call the police on me. I have had friends and family helping me also.A friend who is also a business man tried to help me settle the bill 1 time. He sent all his infomation, well there was back in forth between me and the manager as far as the information being sent which my friend said he did. He accused him of being a liar. I told my friend what was said and he called him personally. He said he never experience such unprofessionalism and rudeness from anyone and that he was very offended. The information was indeed sent and the manager was wrong again. Is this the type of person you want representing this hotel chain? I am paying 55 a night and was told that was the discount. I still feel this pretty high being that the rooms arent all that nice but convenient as fas a location. He needs to learn how to deal with people before trying to run a business. I could go all day about the confrontations Ive had with this manager. The experience here has been the worst...........

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family