Courtyard by Marriott Savannah Midtown
Hampton.com
$169
$161
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$72
$199
$193
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsstandard courtyardhistoric districtroom was cleanan older hotelwater pressurei highly recommend this hotelriver streetabercornupgrades
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2009

This was one our most disappointing stays at a Courtyard Marriott. I must first say that check-in was a breeze but the font desk staff were not very friendly and did not smile much. It kind of left me wondering where the southern hospitality went. My family and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and the first 2 were a night mare. We ended up switching rooms a couple of times because one of our rooms had ants but another room had an infestitation of ants. Although the maintenance crew sprayed/bombed the place it still left an odor in the room which although bareable was still annoying. The second thing that made the trip most annoying was the fact that the beds were very uncomfortable. I actually had a bed with a defective mattress and had to sleep on that for one night (left me with backache to say the least). They did correct the problem the next day. Then there was the bedding or the pillows to be exact... the worst I have ever slept on in my entire life. They had no support at all and when I requested at the front desk for a replacement, they never responded to my request. I ended up having to go to Walmart and spend money for replacement pillows... what a shame!!! They did have a breakfast buffett it was not included in price (what a shame again). But that's fine because the Waffle House was nearby and we enjoyed eating there each morning. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay at this hotel and will not plan to stay there again should I visit Savannah. The service could have been better and because of the problems we encountered, I think that Hotel Management should have reimbursed us at least for the first night because of the ant problems we encountered and because of the defective mattress we had to sleep on.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2009

Good hotel the restaurant staff was good and one woman with braids light skinned African-American was above and beyond. I am a F&B director so I am always looking at service and she was spot on!!

Room was nice with the terrace, do need to update the TV's to flat screens. The bed was very comfortable. The housekeeper for some reason on Sat. only made up one bed? and gave us one towel....family of 4? But, once I called down they brought up some within 15min.

Overall I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2009

Exhausted, rumpled, hot, and tired is how I must have appeared to Charles when I was flipping through possible restaurants the night of the 4th. He quickly asked what my family and I were looking for by way of dinner. I really did not care. Somewhere cool, near the historic district,, and really good food were my only priorities. Charles had made us a reservation within the time it took to check in and get settled. The dinner was wonderful! The next day he regaled us with stories of Savannah and the surrounding area. Why this Mariott? If for no other reason: Charles! The remainder of the hotel: decent location, comfortable beds, and a good base to see the city.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank pricekarla1
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The reviews I read on this website are pretty accurate for this hotel. It IS vrey clean, the staff IS very helpful and the water pressure in the shower IS low...BUT! My 15 year old daughter figured out how to fix the water pressure! There is an adjustment to the right of the shower head, turn that (wing nut looking) apparatus and the pressure adjusts! I was so proud of her and grateful for the water pressure!
The staff are very nice and helpful. One of the maids joked with my husband about our room smelling like coffee because we are coffee-a-holics and we took our big coffee maker with us! lol
We always got towels or wahtever we asked for. The location rocked for looking around Savannah. The only thing I could pick apart was the room was a little small/cramped. Would DEFINATELY stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I stay in many Marriott properties on a regular basis. This Courtyard is as nice as the nicest of them. Special shout out to Ricky at the front desk for his help--when my friend and I arrived, there were no adjoining rooms as we had requested. Ricky got his manager right on the case, with a great resolution: free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite at the same price as the 2 rooms we had booked. Very nice. So we had 1 BR with 2 Queen beds, 1 BR with 1 King, and a living room with a sofabed. Traveling with 3 kids between us, it worked out perfectly.

This is about a 5 minute drive outside the historic district, on a nondescript road typical of many here in the U.S., but it was convenient enough for us. Plus, for cheap breakfast there is a Denny's right next door. We did one Courtyard breakfast, it was good--typical choices of most Courtyards, if a little pricey, but I don't understand why they don't just put eggs out--you have to order them. Silver lining is you can get them any way you want, but it makes you hesitate to order seconds.

Lobby area is clean, elegant, well lit, with free wi-fi. We also had plug-in internet in the rooms at no extra charge, but that may be because I'm Marriott Elite frequent flyer, not sure.

Pool area/jacuzzi are nice, tho typically crowded with teens in the evenings. One of my only complaints about this hotel is the lack of pool towels. When I called to get more, I was told it would be "about an hour" before any more would come out. an hour later, there still were none. So I recommend hording a few bath towels just in case you don't have your own with you.

The only other complaint i have is that housekeeping seemed overworked/understaffed. On the weekend they didn't come around to clean our rooms until after 3pm, which is not convenient if you're traveling with kids on days where it's 105 degrees outside in the afternoon--that's when you want to have "quiet time" in the air conditioning! I ended up just blocking the maids out of cleaning my room altogether, and just asking for clean towels when I would see them in the hall on our way to dinner.

Also, I used the laundry facility for guests, which unforunately is only 1 washer and 1 dryer. (You all should really upgrade to a couple of stackables). So I ended up doing laundry til midnight cuz I had to wait for a ton of other people to dry their own beach towels (well for good reason--see above!).

These are nitpicky things on my part--it really is a lovely hotel, free parking, convenient, safe. Very friendly staff. Very clean. I would recommend it to anyone on business or pleasure except maybe for a honeymoon.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family