“2 nights stay on our tour”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #72 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
West Chester, Pa
“2 nights stay on our tour”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel a little further south of the main area than some would have liked. A bit of a walk to the major sites and river area especially in the hot/humid weather. Hotel itself was very nice. Our tour (bus tour) found itself in the middle of a Girl Scout jamboree of sorts in the hotel, so we had to share. I don't think the staff was well prepared for all of the guests as they tried to cram 48 of us into a small conference room insisting we were better off than the much larger eating area because "the girl scouts will make so much noise you won't be able to eat". Well, fact of the matter was we would have not been able to move in the conference room, so after a confrontation between our tour director and the hotel staff we were seated in the main dining area. No problem. Girl scouts never came down until later in the morning. Also, the one in charge (didn't get her name) basically confronted me when I asked a server about other options. She was very rude telling me about us not supposed to even be in this room etc. I really didn't appreciate that since I was not the tour director. Made for a bad taste in my our mouths.

Room Tip: ask for the rooms facing the main street as the back rooms face an empty lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cranium
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for your candid input! In an effort to keep our groups straight, it seems as though my team may not have given you the correct information in a proper manner. With any group/team that has breakfast included, we offer the buffet in the meeting room in order to allow everyone to eat at their leisure and not have to enter the bistro line. If my team directed you back to the meeting room, it was because they wanted to ensure you didn't get charged for your breakfast, as you would have if you went directly to the Bistro.

I'm sorry you were given anything but smiling service. Whether we have one room occupied or every room occupied, we are still a Marriott and smiling service is a basic must! Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Turkish first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Pro: price was very good compared to the historic district.
Location was really not bad at all, easy access to the interstate and just about 10-15 minutes from historic areas.
Nice to have patio so that we could have coffee outside in cool morning or evening.
Quiet; pool activity stopped before 11:00 and we heard no noise from the nearby army air base.
Con: no free breakfast. Slow internet is free; if you want fast internet you must pay.
Really hate the room layout with closet opposite the sink, and tub& toilet in a separate room.
Room was very small and mattress was soft; I realize that some prefer a soft mattress but I would much rather have a firm one.
Overall, pretty good value but I'm not sure I would stay here again. The room was clean and we had hot water, so those were not a problem at all. Just don't like that room layout.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank halltab
I appreciate the response! I'm happy to hear that you liked the value you received for your room compared to the downtown locations. As we do offer complimentary parking and complimentary internet, we consider ourselve a great deal for vacations! Just to clarify, we do offer rates that will include breakfast so that is an option for a future stay. We hope to see you again soon in Savannah!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed here for two night on a weekend trip to Savannah. While it would have been more convenient to stay in a downtown hotel, the price was better here and turns out it was everything we needed. The first night we were there, we had a screaming child late at night next door. For 45 minutes. We called the front desk, and within 3 minutes, the child was no longer screaming. The drive in to Savannah was not a big deal, in fact we got to know some more of the city. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. Thanks, Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cwberg
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm sorry to hear about our unhappy little one next door to you, but very happy to hear that my team was able to work their magic! As is the case with any hotel, please don't ever hesitate to report noise issues to the front desk. You deserve a good night's rest as much as every other guest, and letting us know there is an issue means we can start working on an immediate solution.

We hope to see you again soon in the Savannah area! Have a wonderful week!
Weston, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

The courtyard brand continues to look for improvements specially in their lobby areas. We arrived for one night to being back our son from college. The lobby has enhanced features like a cafeteria that is open for longer hours. The room is ok. Price very good if you plan ahead.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Luis E
Tuition costs aren't getting any cheaper, so we try to offer a good value for when you're visiting with your student. Best deal for us is that you don't have to pay for parking! Hope your student has an excellent semester!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Being about 5 miles out of town, the drive in is quite easy, and parking can easily be scored, even for free, if you're willing to walk a bit. It's a decent sort of place, with updated furnishings, and we were quite happy with our room overlooking the swimming pool. All went well until we tried to take a shower that evening. There was no hot water, the problem was not fixed until close to 11:30pm, way past the time we wanted to get cleaned up. Mechanical issues happen, and we understand sometimes it takes a while to fix. But, when we checked out the next morning, when told we had to take a cold shower because there was a lack of hot water, the check out crew asked whether we notified anyone last night. I was very surprised that instead of an apology, turned out the morning crew was not aware of the problem.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I was assured by both my team and the water heater manufacturer that the solution we put in place would correct this issue. I promise that this is my top priority as it is something extremely important as a basic necessity to every guest. I'm currently on a flight and as soon as get to Savannah I'm heading into the hotel to look into this. Please contact me at the hotel directly if I can offer any assistance. Thank you for brining this to my attention.
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This property if very old and looks like a Holiday Inn with a Marriott Sign. Plus you will get treated like you are at a Holiday Inn not a Marriott. We found a spider in my son's bed when we turned the covers back for him to get in bed. There was mold on the bathroom floor and tub, the hallways are very warm and extremely old looking, very depressing looking. Back slider in my room had a screen door that was hanging from the frame (broken). This property is not easy to get to especially coming from the west and is not in a good area of town.

What was really the MOST disappointing of any of these was (waiting on the phone for 15 minutes) and not being allowed a late check out (even as Marriott Silver Rewards Member) of even 30 minutes because "too many people had already requested them" then walking down the hall as we are leaving the hotel and all of the room doors were open and empty, we were the only ones left on the hall. They did not need my room for 30 more minutes and could have honored this, plus half the hotel was checking out due to the soccer tournament being over (Sunday afternoon).

So to sum up the BAD: bugs, dirty, old, bad location and crappy service (even if you are a loyal Marriott rewards member).

To sum up the GOOD: It did have a comfortable bed consistent with other Marriott properties, and the front desk lady is very pleasant when she tells you No... No...No...No...and NO!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank bookingpro10
I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. You are always more than welcome to immediately notify us if your room isn't to your expectations and we will get you one that is more to your liking.

We are resurfacing our tubs in the upcoming months (there is a darker exposure under the enamel) which is going to give our bathrooms a nice face lift.

I thank you for your comments as I will utilize them during my training next week with our front desk team. There is always room for constant improvement and your feedback helps us pinpoint focus areas!

Travelers are raving about these Savannah hotels

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Due to being Memorial weekend rooms were difficult to come by as well as all rooms seemed to have much higher costs than normally. We had to pay $140 per night and the room normally goes around $114 per night! In my opinion the room is barely worth $114 let alone $140 plus tax! Upon entering the building the first thing you notice is all the stains on the carpet and how dirty everything thing is on the sliding doors and elevator. The room was just ok but going on the balcony the sliding glass door railings were filthy! The bed was ok and what I noticed the bathroom was clean! This is a very disappointing Marriott's property. Not the most convenient location for visiting Savannah but that is not their fault! The staff was very nice! There was a lot of noise in the courtyard and halls due to a lot of large groups! Again that is not the fault of the property! I would not recommend this property or ever stay here again. We couldn't find our TV remote and they brought one up only to find it later under the sheets????

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa G, General Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Memorial Day weekend is always big for most destination hotels. I'm sorry to hear that it was noisy during your stay with us. Please don't ever hesitate to contact the front desk if there is noise surrounding you. We are always staffed 24 hours and will gladly ask the offending guests to keep the noise levels down.

In regards to your room rate, we do offered discounted rates during the week as this is typically our slower times. We are still a great deal compared to many area hotels that charge $400 for the downtown areas.

Our Bistro offers much fresher options than a typical buffet. The Courtyard Bistros are viewed as a better options than hotels that offer continental buffets because we allow our guests the choice of what they'd like to eat and pay for. All of our food is made to order so you know its fresh and healthy!