“Not as it was before_not clean in rooms”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #71 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Cary, North Carolina
“Not as it was before_not clean in rooms”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Checked in tonight by a very cheerful and pleasant staff member and getting a view over the courtyard so all seemd OK at first. When I was ssking for a water bottle, she stated they did not have any at the hotel, but I could get some filtered water at the bar. ( that was a first for me at a Marriott properties) When arriving to the room someone had been sleeping in the bed so I called the front desk and they gave me a new room. When checking into the new room ( no view over Courtyard this time) I found pubic hair in several places in the bed and found an old chocolate bar left on the floor by the bed ( so grose, who is cleaning and making the beds??!!) I called the front desk again and they said to wait for a bit until they were looking for a new room. It took 15 minutes until a staff come with the keys. The staff member did not say anything, just gave me the keys while he was attending to his cell phone... not good service..first time this has happened in a Marriott property and since I am a Gold member I am very disaapointed. It took me an hour to get into the room so not happy after a long business day.
Lately I have been staying at Hampton Inn and have been very pleased with their service and they do give you more for the bucks with free breakfast and free coffee ( can't understand why that was taken away at several Courtyards, the free coffe I mean?) so at this time I am actully thinking of switching Hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Matthew J, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I apologize that you experienced these oppurtunities while staying with us and that we failed to meet your expectations. I would like to discuss these issues with you so I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Please contact the property at 912-354-7878 and ask for me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Turkish first
Jacksonville, Alabama
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Driving on Abercorn Street is no picnic on Friday afternoon because we missed the entrance to the hotel but all is well. There is an entrance to the hotel on the next side street. Be prepared for the traffic.
Overall, our stay at Courtyard was outstanding. The check-in process was flawless as was the check out. All the staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. We did not use the eating area but the menu has a wide selection for the meals offered and makes most Starbuck choices on site. Happy hour is 5-7pm with ample space to relax.
I have no complaints about the facility. We were in town for a concert and probably would have stayed closer to the venue had we been more familiar with the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank EASeabee
Matthew J, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Savannah.
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We just stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We had a great stay. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially Matthew and Tatyana. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bed was especially very comfy. We even had a balcony which I believe most , if not all, rooms do. The only thing that would have made the trip better was if the weather had been better so we could have utilized the balcony more. We also hung out in the lobby a lot. They have a cozy and large sitting area with several TVs and a fire place to hang out by and watch TV, read, or plug in your electronics and relax. It's also only about 5 miles to Bay St. The drive allows you to see a couple of squares and some beautiful homes and greenery along the way. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank joannaandmark23
Thank you for your review! We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to see you again soon!
oak ridge
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It's been, maybe, 10 years since we've stayed at this hotel - it has been modernized, is clean and the staff is great. Nothing more to say- have to have 200 characters they say so I'm filling the requirement (7 over)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank ken c
Thank you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the renovation to the property, it really took the property to the next level!
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Staff at the front desk was eThe staff at the front desk were extremely pleasant and helpful. The updates around the lobby and in the rooms were nice. The elevator and halls were super sketchy and definitely needed some attention. The elevator literally took 5-10 minutes to clank up and down 3 floors. I would have taken the stairs but like I mentioned, sketchy. We came through Savannah passing by on a romantic weekend road trip. We tried to stay downtown but everything was full or way too expensive. We booked on a mobile app and regretted the distance to all the nightlife and culture. Otherwise, it was what you would expect from a courtyard. Comfortable bed with good linens, a nice night’s sleep.xtre

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda S
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I apologize our location wasn't ideal for your stay with us. I am happy that you had a good nights sleep and the bed was comfortable for you. If you would like to contact the property I would be more than happy to speak with you. We want to make sure that your stay always exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your feedback as this is invaluble for us to make our property better for our guests.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you are booking through the Marriott central reservation system make sure they do not book you into this hotel. It is a good 10-15 minutes from the old part of the City. We had been told that it was the Old City location by the central reservation system. Hotel appeared to be very understaffed (at check in, restaurant, room service) given they were at 100% occupancy. (example, our room had no linen for pull out even though we made the reservation for 3 people, when we returned the linen had been dropped at the door - no effort had been made to make the bed)
Do not ask the front desk to find you a cab - they arranged one for us and it cost us double what the metered cab back to the hotel did. Good thing that we have been to Savannah because if this had been our first time - it might have made us not come back.
Disappointed Marriott member

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I apologize that central reservations did not book your reservation at our downtown property. Sometimes guests book in midtown thinking that we are closer to downtown and I do realize that can be frustrating. I do appreciate your business and if there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me here at the property.
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel sign is difficult to spot. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 3rd floor over looking the pool. Be careful to have your curtains closed for privacy as the rooms across the pool are very close. We had a horrible night with slamming doors and paper thin walls. The rooms need updating again. The beds are comfortable and pillows were fine. It's about a 5 mile drive to the River. Next trip we'll stay at the Hyatt on the River.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Regina P
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are in the process of working with the City of Savannah to change our signage. We do realize that is causes confusion! I do apologize that doors were being slammed all night long. We want all of our guests to have a restful night sleep so always contact the front desk so we can take care of the problem. We appreciate your business!