“Friendly and Helpful Staff!”

Courtyard Savannah Midtown
Ranked #73 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed the night of July 3rd and the two front desk agents were SO helpful! They gave us a map of downtown and recoomendations of great restuarants. They were both so friendly and accomodating! They genuinely cared. The hotel was only 5 miles from downtown, a great location!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed at the Savannah Courtyard Marriott Midtown property over 4 of July weekend 2013. Before I start let me say that we are loyal Elite Gold Marriott members and have been for years. The area this property is in is not the safest. Closed businesses everywhere including the deserted Bennigans right in front of the hotel. But it was our only choice to stay close to Tybee to visit family. We woke up Sunday morning to having our car broken into and window completely smashed. Glass everywhere. We has the front desk call the police for us. Now one might think that if a customer ask you to call the police you might come out and check on them. 45 minutes later the manager comes out after we go in requesting him to come out. Abruptly pointed out the sign that they were not liable for anything. Didn't even come and look at damage or ask what was taken. Wow what a great guest experience and he told us it had happen before at the property. Police officer confirmed they area had been having a big problem with it. Avoid this place or you might end up with a $300 new window and a miserable end to a vacation.

Room Tip: If you staying in the area make sure to pick a property with a security guard and camera system.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Rachel C, Manager at Courtyard Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

I would like to personally apologize for what happened while you were staying at my property. I do realize that this was very inconvenient and made for a terrible stay. I have been at this property for almost two years and this has not happened since I have been here, so I'm assuming that the police officer was referring to a time prior to when I began. Unfortunately at most properties the hotel is not responsible for any break-ins or damages to a vehicle but I agree, the manager on duty could have paid more attention to the situation and for that I apologize as well. I was happy to hear that Marriott claims did reimburse you for the damages which normally they do not. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitiate to reach out to me. I do value your business and hope you do return to the hotel for a future stay.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My friend book this hotel so I was not knowing what to expect. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating to get us rooms next to each other and also gave us tourist info. The lobby was very modern and welcoming. I know from my friend that the Jacuzzi was not working so that was one minor complaint. Other than that everything was great. The room was very clean and I do inspections. The bed and the pillows were the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. The other downside is it takes about 15 minutes to get to Historic Downtown, however it is a straight shoot down Abercorn.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed our new beds! They are all brand new mattresses that were replaced in conjuction with our renovation. I do apologize that the spa was not available for your use, It is back up and running so come back and enjoy it!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I called on our way into town to confirm reservations and to state we would be a late check in. The lady who answered the phone was most pleasant and helpful and said the night staff would be ready to assist us when we arrived. Our party of 3 arrived at 1130 pm. We were given keys to our room and went up to turn in for the night. We were exhausted after driving for several hours and ready for bed. After getting to our room I first noticed it was not that impressive. My second notice was that three adults were not going to fit in one king bed. This was not the room we reserved. After a talk with the not so happy to be disturbed front desk. We were given new keys to a new room on a new floor. We drag all our bags to the new room and find our keys don't work. A call to the front desk brought her up after about 5 min with a new set of keys that didn't work. She was mumbling under her breath the whole time. I did make out one sentence that she said 'I don't have to deal with this.' I thought to myself you are in customer service this is what you deal with! So she left and a very sweet lady who I assume was from house keeping came and at least let us into the room. This one could at least accommodate 3 adults. But was still not very nice. We decide we would look for another place for the test of our stay in Savannah. Around about 1230 the front desk person brought us another set of keys that still did not work! We tried to turn in for the night but you could hear kids running in the hallways. At 330 am we had to call the front desk again to ask them to please disburse the party going on in the courtyard so people could get some sleep. The bed in the room was amazingly soft!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for letting me know what happened during your stay here. My associate should have never acted like you were a burden to her and for that I apologize. I would like to look into who this associate was so if you could email me at cy.savch.gm@marriott.com and provide your name and date of stay that would be helpful. My hope is that you do choose my Courtyard again in the future. I do appreciate your business and want all of my guests to have a 100% enjoyable stay!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was the perfect spot for us. the hotels had breakfast and the indoor pool was ideal since it rained several of the days we were there! The lobby is small but the pool space and gym is perfect. Check in and check out is fast, parking is on site and the rooms are clean.

Room Tip: the bottom floor is nice since its closer to the pool
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I stayed at the Courtyard Savannah Midtown in June 2013 to attend a one-day business meeting in town. The facility, location, and front-desk staff all met me expectations - my room condition was a dirty disappointment.

After check-in I dropped my bags in the room and went to dinner with a colleague - I returned late and prepared for bed. What I saw next gave me the creeps - there were roaches crawing on the bedroom and bathroom floor. I disposed of the criters and contemplated asking for a different room but decided not to becuase of the late hour.

Upon waking I took a shower and disgusted to see public hair from the previous guest in the shower.

Before leaving for my meeting I called the front dest to speak with the Manager on Duty - I was transferred to voicemail. My message to the MOD was simple, "I'm disappointed with my experience and I expect a phone call from him to review the details." The call never came.

I stay in Marriott properties approximately 70 nights annually - I'm loyal to the brand and am pleased to report that I never had an experience as bad as this one. I hope my experience was an anomaly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank David L

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing these cleanliness issues to my attention. This was unacceptable and not Marriott standard at all and I do apologize. We are thoroughly checking all rooms after the housekeeper are done cleaning to ensure our guests are getting a perfectly clean room. Do you recall who you left a voice mail with? Unfortunaly it was not me and I am sorry that you did not receive a response. Please feel free to call me to discuss any other issues that you may have had.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It is on a main road, so there is plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and just a few miles to the historic district (which I loved!) It is nestled back off the road, so you do not hear any traffic noise at all. The hotel has recently been upgraded. The beds are so comfortable. I could have slept forever. This was a very clean hotel and the staff was very friendly. I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone visiting Savannah.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple