“Very Happy”

Ranked #10 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Zelienople
“Very Happy”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very pleased with this B&B. We stayed at their guest house just down the street. It needed a little TLC, but looked like they were in the process of maintaining the building. It was very quaint and quite, right in the historic district and walking distance to shops and restaurants. Also loved the Tavern in the Inn. Had dinner their every night. Food was very good, try the crab stew! Had a good time talking to all the locals.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

If you look at B&B's around Savannah, you know that they can run on the pricey side. We stayed at 1790 on Valentine's weekend in room 311, which is separate from the main Inn. I think for the price, the room was just fine. The owners really put a lot of love and work into this property - and they have the before and after restoration pics to prove it! If you're looking to stay in a restored Savannah home for a reasonable rate, definitely give this a try. If you are looking for a pristine and perfect room, you might want to pay a little bit more at one of the other B&Bs. However, you can't beat the location - about 2 blocks up from Broughton, so an easy walk to that area and River Street, which is likely the way you'll be heading at night. Also, even if you don't stay here, be SURE to eat here! We had an amazing meal our first night in town (luckily we made reservations right when we checked in, they were almost completely booked on a Thursday!) - our server Steven was fantastic and the food was superb. The dining room is adorable as well - wood, exposed brick, etc. - can't say enough good things about the dining experience here- definitely go!!

Room Tip: If you do stay offiste in 311 or 312, I would pick 312 as it is in the rear of the house and 311 is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
lakeland
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Staff was super friendly and helpful. We were able to stay in Rm 204 that is known as Anna's room. Had a little activity in the room at night. Kids loved it. Great location. Short walk to restaurants and such. Would stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank jackie3641
Culver City, California
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We always try to stay at a haunted hotel whenever possible, so I couldn't resist this place. I could only get the most haunted room (204) for one night, then they put us in another room (of my choice) for the second night of our two night stay. This was our first trip to Savannah, and even though it was pouring rain the entire time, I loved every minute of our stay.

This hotel is old, it's beautiful, the staff is wonderful. The rooms are very comfortable. The fireplace was not working in our room the 2nd night, which was a bummer since we'd been out in the rain all day, so I wish they could have taken care of that ahead of time. They did offer us a choice of a few other rooms with working fireplaces, but the one with the red bedspread was by far their prettiest room (that I saw) and our stuff was already there, so we stayed put.

The hotel is in a really great location. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. To me, the inn's continental breakfast is not worth bothering with, when you have so many great choices for dining in the historic area. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but we did sip drinks on comfy sofas in front of the fire at the bar.

I didn't get a weird vibe from the haunted room, but when we were packing up our stuff to move to the 2nd room on our 2nd day, I misplaced my small black leather jewelry box. I'm so not a disorganized person and to me, everything has it's place. The box would either be in my suitcase or on the bed. Nowhere else. But It was gone. I pretty much tore the whole room apart looking for it, and after half an hour I found it in my purse, which was on the other side of the room. That might not seem weird to anyone else, but I know for a fact that I didn't or would ever put that box in my purse. It doesn't belong there. Perhaps the ghost was playing games with me, because my husband, aka Mr. Skeptic, thought I was crazy. Thanks Anna!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brendadc
Jax, Fl
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Last night my GF and I stayed in Room #204. We started by blessing the ghost Anne and thanking her for allowing us to stay in her room. After a long day of pub crawling & a late dinner we ventured back to the room around 2am. Since we are both female, we weren't sure how Anne would treat us. My GF had no experience (that she remembers), but I definitely felt a presence through the night. There was a heavy push on me (nothing physically hurtful) as if someone was on top of me & I felt a tickling of my foot at one time. Plus, some strange sounds, but nothing that was scary. My GF and I had some wonderful conversations with the staff & we were treated very well. We will go back again one day - but probably experience another room.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gin A
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We went here for light dinner and drinks. The place was recommended by our hotel, The Presedent'squarters, which is right across the street. We ate at the bar. There are comfy sofas and gas fireplaces (it was chilly for GA). We had a wonderful waitress, and the food was good. My husband had the Burger, cooked just right, and I had the crab cakes, the best I have had outside of the eastern shore of MD, fluffy and not a lot of filler. The regular restaurant looked very nice, but we wanted casual and laid back, and this fit the bill. Very reasonably priced also.

Room Tip: Did not stay at the inn.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My BF & I stayed in the infamous room 204. It was a very bright & welcoming room. My BF felt the presence of Anna instantly upon entering the room & the first night as well w/ heaviness in his chest & footsteps by the bed (fireplace side) & a glow behind the TV which was off. The staff was so friendly & accommodating. Best local bar. Awesome location. The restaurant food is top notch (better than the Pink House) as well as the bar menu for a quick bite. Patrick even took us for a quick night tour in the Inn's 1923 Buick. We can't say enough about the 1790......we will be back there soon & plan on staying in room 204 again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple