“Quiet place to get away”
Review of 17 Hundred 90 Inn

17 Hundred 90 Inn
Ranked #10 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My best friend and I decided to go on a road trip to see Savannah Ga. We stayed at the 17 Hundred and 90 (Guest House) which was a couple streets over. It wasn't bad - if you are looking for a home type of stay this is the place for you. The owner greeted us at the front desk when we checked in and graciously walked us over and explained how things would work. Two nights is what we ended up staying (as planned) and we felt it met our needs. Center of the history district, perfect walking distance for all the attractions and quiet. I would say it is a very good place to stay. The only downfall to staying here was there was clutter in the shared living room and dining area so we were not able to use it. As we are both in class we could have used the space to get away from one another but really it's like home so it wasn't that big of a deal. Oh yea, and it is across from the colonial park cemetary which was very cool. If you get a chance check it out!

Room Tip: Bed is a little uncomfortable for some- my best friend argues the bed was "soft" on the ri...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 4, 2013

A nice retired lady and her husband, the retired Reverend Godly (no kidding) have been running this for the last 3 years. The ambience is a bit more old boarding house, than period history. Nothing dates to 1790 in the house, since it was built in 1820. The location was good, though. When I was there the restaurant was closed and there was renovation going on, but there was no discount, which might have garnered some favor from me.
Money is much better spent at the Eliza Thompson House which is an architectural gem with an inner courtyard and patio seating, wine and cheese in the parlor at happy hour and then dessert from 8-9:00. Same price and a huge difference in flair. This is the place to feel the charm of Savannah, not the 1790 Inn, sorry to report. Same price, too. Weird.

Room Tip: Room 204 is haunted because a desperate lady threw herself out the window when a sailor she had hope...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The 1790 Inn and Restaurant is amazing! My family was there for a 3 day weekend wedding celebration and everything and everyone was great! Patrick, the owner makes you feel so welcome from your first arrival until departure. Ryan and his staff are awesome with the menus and fine dining. The breakfast is so fresh. Even the housekeeping staff are amazing and so helpful. We had a rehearsal dinner with close to 60 people and had nothing but compliments on the food and venue. The bar and the staff there are awesome as well. We made our way there every evening and didn't need to go anywhere else. No ghost encounters that we know of but just the ambience is neat. We will certainly stay there again and look forward to our next trip to Savannah just to stay and eat here. No elevators but was not a problem even for my mother. Thank you 1790 staff. We loved our stay!

Room Tip: Room 104! Great bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

what a treat! we are just back from a few days in one of our favorite southern cities, Savannah, GA. We booked our room with just 2 days advanced notice. The price was very reasonable, and the room availability diverse. Upon entering the front door it was as if we stepped back into time, to a most charming lobby flanked by two dining rooms. The old brick floors and dark wood reminded me of England. The staff was kind, friendly and helpful. The Tavern is a destination in and off its self, with many local residents returning each day for Happy Hour. We met so many wonderful characters while eating lunch, grabbing a late day drink, and toasting w a nightcap. We simply cannot wait to return, and we highly recommend a visit to this establishment. Their resturant had a delightful lunch and dinner menu, with NO WAIT and NO RESERVATION needed! Just cant say enough good things about our visit at 17 hundred 90.

Room Tip: each room is unique and room 204 is believed to have a recurring ghost!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a tour guide for this city and has always been interested in this inn to stay at. So on my birthday weekend I reserved to stay on a sunday night through monday night. At check in was very easy and nice. Got to the room (107) and it was 79 degrees :( the AC wasn't turned on. So turned it on to 69 and left after I checked out the room. Shower stall wasn't clean but they had sprayed the cleaning stuff but never wiped it. So I told the reservationist about needing the shower wiped down. And then we left to go eat dinner. Came back room was much cooler but shower was never wiped down. I'm not very picky about rooms but if I want to recommend my tourist there I would expect everything to be clean. The bathroom has been repainted but behind the sink and toilet not so much... just painted around it. The shower had black tile (not sure if it was real ceramic tile) but it had white lines going down it. Just looked like no one has washed it in a while or either not using anything good enough to actually clean it. That night I managed to get a sore throat but that morning I left I felt better. Not sure if it may be from mildew or mold from within the room. But who knows! I never ate at the actual restaurant. We did go to the bar Sunday night and met up with another friend of ours, who also is a tour guide from another company. We enjoyed ourselves there bartender was nice. I may have to stay again before I recommend... just kind of bummed about it not really be as clean as I hoped.

The bed was very firm. So we had a hard time sleeping. The fire place is very pretty the bed it self is also very pretty. They have very limited parking so i'd say get there early and get yourself a parking spot. Works out great you can walk around everywhere you need to go. So your car can sit and your change can stay in your pocket. There's a lot of places to see right beside this Inn. You have the Owens-Thomas house next door, Cemetary 2 blocks away. Literally right in the middle of the Historic District!!!

Room Tip: 204 is haunted, we stayed in 107 it was on the corner and very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the moment of check in with the wonderful Patrick, we fell in love with this place. We stayed in the haunted room 204 and it most certainly is...not in too scary a way. ( Eerie sounds, coffee maker turning on in the middle of the night without being plugged in, fireplace flickering, and the angel doll on the bed changing spots to the top of the armoire) The room was charming and the owners were wonderful. Loved every haunting moment.

Room Tip: 204 is haunted. Really. Anna is friendly, though.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rb2n3
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Got into Savannah right around 10 p.m. on a Sunday night. We checked-in, heard a ghost story, got the free parking taken care of, and headed to our room. The room was absolutely charming with a giant four-poster bed.

My girlfriend and I loved the location too -- we roamed around on a Sunday night and didn't mind the short walk from the Inn to the riverfront. Something cool that happened: Fell asleep with the TV on and woke up to it muted -- ghost?

We ate a little bit at the nice continental breakfast the next morning. When checking out we also got some wonderful advice about things to do and see in and around Savannah. We only had a few interactions with the staff during our short stay, but these interactions left a big impression.

I'd undoubtedly book another stay here when back in Savannah.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple