“Location and service are tops”

Presidents' Quarters Inn
Ranked #5 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Perfect location, big comfy rooms, amenities like home-cooked hot breakfast and evening wine reception, on-site free parking and WiFi, and super-friendly staff make this the only B&B for us in Savannah. Not sure how anybody could do it better.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2009

Still relaxed from an outstanding weekend in Savannah! After a very tough personal winter holiday and New Year I needed a break as did the woman I love. After spending several days looking at and reviewing all the B&B's in Savannah, I settled on the Presidents Quarters Inn and boy did I make a great choice! I had requested several special requirements to be done from flowers, chilled wine, etc and I was not disappointed. I had all these fears that things would not go perfectly which I really had hoped for. I was so relieved to find things were better than perfect. The staff was exceptionally helpful from helping me choose the right room for what I wanted to making excellent suggestions for places to eat and things to see or do. The room we stayed in (Eisenhower) was very romantic and my girl was overjoyed at the little things (turn down service and more) that the staff had done to make our stay more enjoyable. The room was extremely clean with a spacious bathroom that my girlfriend fell in love with. The bed was very comfortable and I commented how I could have just layed there all weekend and never got out of bed. While it was probably a combination of everything, the bed was still very restful.
The complementary breakfast was delicious and you had a choice of a very good continental breakfast or a home cooked breakfast of Pancakes with fresh fruit topping (I had Blueberry on Saturday) and Eggs Benedict Arnold (Biscuits and Gravy with poached eggs) on Sunday. The view from our balcony was wonderful. While it overlooked the courtyard where we watched a wedding Saturday for a few minutes, the view also looked out over one of the local squares where we were able to sit on the balcony and watch the people come and go as we relaxed with a glass of wine which was the point of our trip.
I cannot say enough about the friendly staff that took care of our every whim and request that I made. Kudos to John for his willingness to wait for us to arrive Friday night as we were going to arrive after the office closed and for taking pictures for me so that we could preserve our memories. We will return to Savannah the next time we need a relaxing romantic time and rest assured that after a flawless unbelievable weekend, I will not waste my time looking for somewhere to stay. I will only stay at The Presidents Quarters Inn and as I did this trip, I will leave the cell phone turned OFF all weekend.

One suggestion: Since we were in a really nice canopy bed, it would have been more romantic to have a canopy over the bed. This however did not retract from the stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 12, 2009

As occasional visitors to Savannah, my husband and I always make it a point to stay at the Presidents' Quarters. The innkeeper and her staff are so friendly and helpful. They really go the extra mile to provide first rate service and the southern hospitality of a beautiful, historical Inn. It is just a skip and a hop to many of Savannah's historical sites, restaurants, and gorgeous parks that we love. The rooms are spacious and furnished with wonderful period furniture and antiques. The breakfasts are always yummy. The evening appetizers are fun and a special treat. Our next visit is fast approaching and we cannot imagine staying anywhere else!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Solly1948
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I am so upset with the Presidents' Quarters. I had a family emergency and needed to cancel my reservation. The cancellation policy for The Presidents' Quarters is: quote "if you need to cancel your reservation please let us know 7 days prior to your check-in date. " When I called to cancel my reservation I was within the 7 day period. Even the lady on the phone at the inn agreed with me BUT, she said the innkeeper would not allow it. I lost my deposit of $258 (one night stay). THEY DON'T HONOR THEIR OWN CANCELLATION POLICY!!!!
Oh, they did say they would give me a gift certificate.....for what? After the way I was treated....NO THANK YOU!!!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank luvmaddi
pqinn, Executive Innkeeper at Presidents' Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2009

In response to DO NOT BOOK With the Presidents' Quarters, let me please clarify for the record. This guest cancelled on the first day of the cancellation penalty period. When the Guest Services staff person attempted to explain the policy, the woman became very rude and unprofessional. She demanded to speak with me, although I was attending to other inn business at that time. The Guest Services person offered her a gift certificate, good for a year, so that she could reschedule at a more convenient time. She did not want a gift certificate and continued to be rude and offensive, intimitating the young woman who was attempting to assist her. She then threatened us with legal action over her deposit. She has been issued a full refund . It is a shame that some people do not think the rules should apply to them and attempt to ruin a property's good name when our policies are those of all good Inns around the country. Hopefully her family emergency, which was never mentioned in those words, will be successfully resolved

Reviewed February 3, 2009

Our friends had a romantic get away here while they were dating, so when they got married, they had us all book our rooms at this hotel. Our friends are very high maintenance like us, so I had grand expectations of this hotel. I have never been so wrong before in my life. First of all, there is limited parking. If you can’t fit in the lot, you have to pay to park on the street. The check in staff was very unprofessional. Our room was really old & musty. It had mold in it & did not look at all like the pictures. The patio was filthy. The tub was not a Jacuzzi tub at all by our standards. It was an old crappy tub. However, when we went to our friend’s room that had just been remodeled, theirs was amazing. The rooms could all be renovated by now, but just check before booking here. I couldn’t believe that we payed $275/night to stay in a dump. The hotel had zero insulation, so we could hear everyone walking by on the street. I did not feel safe in the hotel. The bed’s mattress felt like it was from the the1920’s. I got no sleep at all while staying there. The hotel’s cocktail hour & morning breakfast buffet were both utter disappointments. The food all ran out early & didn’t even taste good. They had very few selections to choose from. We would never stay at this hotel again. The only positives about it were that it had a cute veranda area outside for cocktails & was close to shopping. You could walk from the hotel to that area of the town.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank hi_maint_couple
pqinn, Executive Innkeeper at Presidents' Quarters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2009

In response to "So Disappointed," we would like to take a moment and clarify for the traveling public.
First, Presidents' Quarters Inn was purchased by a new owner in April, 2007. The inn has undergone a complete renovation, completed in March, 2008. In addition to a new roof, and other infastructure improvements, all nineteen bathrooms were completely remodeled. Bedrooms were re-carpeted, walls painted, furniture replaced and/or reupholstered etc. No expense was spared to give this beautiful old lady a new look.
The Presidents' Quarters serves a hot, plated breakfast each morning with changing entree choices. We serve several different high quality wines with at least two hors d'oeuvres each evening at our hospitality hour. We also offer complimentary parking in our private lot adjacent to the inn. We remain the only inn in the city with enough parking for all our guests.As the vast majority of our reviews indicate, we are known for our service and attention to detail. We regret these guests did not enjoy thier stay. The pictures posted with the review are of Room 201, the Roosevelt Suite, PRIOR to the renovations. To all potential guests reading this review, please go to our web- site to preview accurate pictures of all our rooms.

Reviewed January 28, 2009

We just returned from a trip to Savannah, Ga. We stayed at the Presidents' Quarters Inn to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. Our room, which was the Dwight Eisenhower Suite, was huge. It had a lovely private balcony overlookikng the courtyard. The staff could not have been nicer or more accomodating. On the morning we were to leave we asked if we could just get some coffee before we left since we wanted to get an early start.. We were leaving an hour before breakfast was to be served. We not only got coffee we were served juice, a scone, yogurt with granola and strawberries and they would have made us eggs if we wanted. it was a pleasure to go back to the room each day because it always smelled fresh and clean. Our overall experience was very pleasant.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 2, 2009

Exceeded our expecations for our first visit to Savannah. Spacious clean rooms,delicious ever changing hot breakfasts and pleasant, helpful staff make this B&B a real find in the heart of the historic district.

Daily wine and cheese gave us a chance to connect with other guests if wanted. As a frequent traveler I appreciated the amenities of a large suite in top tier hotel chain with all of the ambience of a quaint southern home.

I would recommend to anyone young or old, looking for a getaway to Savannah to stay at the Presidents Quarters.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Vinotraveler_8