“A comfortable, welcoming place to stay”

Presidents' Quarters Inn
Ranked #6 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Savannah, Georgia
“A comfortable, welcoming place to stay”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I've now stayed at the PQI for a total of six nights over two trips. This is a wonderful inn, well located in Savannah for short to reasonable walks to most of the restaurants, shopping, etc. in town. The staff was wonderful, thoughtful and always quick to help. The breakfast is limited to two choices daily but was always satisfying. The only drawback is likely to affect any downtown stay - noise from the street emanating for carriages, walkers and automobile traffic is certainly a factor. As I said, I've stayed twice and more importantly would stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ERRTH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2014

My husband and I have frequented several B&Bs in Savannah, and the Presidents Quarters gets high marks for a beautiful room (JFK suite),on site parking, and friendly staff. A few drawbacks: there's public parking surrounding the inn, so you're at the mercy of noisy people, cars starting, carriages, and street sweepers throughout the night. The breakfast was delicious but limiting with only one hot choice for the morning. Plus the shower head in the JFK suite needs to be upgraded to something a bit stronger. Overall our stay was pleasant as long as travelers remember the uncertainties that can come with a stay at a B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMR452
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn while visitng family for Christmas. This is the first time we traveled with our two little dogs. The Inn was truly pet friendly. The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping could not have been more friendly and went out of their way to make us feel at home during our stay. The breakfasts were fantastic and we enjoy the evening social hour and getting to know the other quests. Our room was beautiful and the location could not have been more perfect. Thank you to the entire staff for a wonderful stay at the Presidents' Quarter Inn and making our Christmas in Savannah so memorable!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The staff here are some of the best we've ever encountered in our many years of travelling. We needed to change rooms after one night and were graciously offered a room with a balcony. The manager could not have been kinder! Free parking is wonderful perk as is the freshly prepared breakfast. The best part is that they are dog friendly and there is a park right across the street. Easy walking to City Market & River Walk. Take one of the many on/off trolley rides to get a great overview of the city. A shuttle will pick you up right across the street.

Room Tip: Room 102 was a bit noisy as it is next to the kitchen that has staff preparing breakfast at 7am and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This B and B was very convenient to everything, we enjoyed parking our car and just walking the town for two days. Parking is outside the building, which makes it very easy to get anything out of the car during your stay. Our room was large and very bright....ceilings where close to 14ft., four poster bed and a fireplace. I was looking for something with character and this fit the bill. Breakfast was very good and the happy hour was a great way to meet up with all the other travelers. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. I thought the price was high - but it was during Christmas break...so what do I know. I would stay again at this B and B but would get a room on the third floor...the second floor or is it the main floor was a little noisy from the outside sidewalk partyers.

Darien, GA
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed at the President's Quarters over the holiday and it was an absolutely wonderful visit. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The room was perfect. It even had a balcony to enjoy the view of the courtyard. The Inn was in a great location, which is a quiet spot downtown, but walking distance to everything!

I Loved the breakfast, and the other guests were a delight to converse with. I work in a hotel myself, so can be a bit picky, but have nothing but great things to stay. Not only will I return, but I will recommend this Inn to any of my guests traveling to Savannah! (and that's says ALOT).

Room Tip: We stayed in the FDR room. It was so roomy. Highly recommended
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Savannah is such an amazing city! It truly is one of my all time favorite places to visit and experience history. Savannah also boasts the nickname "Hostess City of the South" & the Presidents' Quarters Inn doesn't disappoint in maintaining that reputation.

This was my first time staying, and it will not be the last. The rooms are gorgeous, the food is incredible & the staff is remarkable. I have never felt so "at home" away from home, like I did here! After checking in, Annette took out a map of the Historic District & vividly described all of the amazing places to check out that I had not seen before. Her recommendations were fabulous & it made this trip more amazing than in years passed!

I cannot forget to mention the breakfast - my recommendation, always choose the Chef's choice! On Saturday, we had the choice of a continental or the Chef's eggnog pancakes -- my husband and I were looking for seconds after the first set were cakes were devoured! And, the cleanliness of the rooms was impeccable. The entire staff, from guest room attendants to administration was astounding.

This place has it all & more - including convenience! If you haven't stayed here, you truly are missing out on a piece of history!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Franklin Roosevelt's Suite - AMAZING!