“1st class stay”

Ranked #2 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I booked our room over St. Patrick's Day weekend, the busiest time of the year in Savannah. When we got to the Inn, we were warmly greeted. The host came to our car, insisted on taking all our bags himself. When he realized we were in a illegal parking spot, he physically placed himself in the only open spot available for several blocks and waited for me to move my car there. Wine and cheeses each afternoon, port after dinner, amazing seated and plated breakfast each morning, it was a very wonderful and memorable weekend. Thank you! We look forward to coming back soon!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kaj123
JeremyWatson, General Manager at Hamilton-Turner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

It is delightful to know that you enjoyed your visit to Savannah and your stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn. It was sincerely our pleasure to have you as our guests and look forward to having you again during a future visit.

Hamilton-Turner Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Image the envy that every other person on the square will feels as they watch you walk up the stairs to the finest home in Savannah ....and you with a key!

We will never stay anywhere else now that we have found this charmer on Lafayette Square. The room was beautifully decorated, spacious and comfortable with soft jazz playing in the room on arrival you will be tempted not to even leave the room. The staff was very accomodating and caring.

You will not be disappointed!.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greg R

Thank you for your review of the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with potential guests of ours. It is always great to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay enough to spread the word. Thank you for choosing the Hamilton-Turner Inn and we hope for the opportunity to have you again as our guests.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

THINK TWICE!!!!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

I made a reservation for myself and my three children to stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn on our way to Key West for Spring Break. Our travels plans changed and I needed to cancel the reservation. I called 10 day in advance just as I was told when I made the reservation. The young man on the phone was very nice and was in the process of making the cancelation when a woman in the background interrupted and said it was "the 10th day" and therefore I was responsible for the payment. This was not AT ALL my understanding of the policy when I first made the reservation. I was calling 10 days in advance as I was told on the phone. However, when I looked closely at my email confirmation it states if you cancel "on the 10th day or less" you will be responsible for payment. I asked the young man if I could speak with the owner (the woman in the background) in order to explain what my understanding had been when I made the reservation. She REFUSED to speak with me and instead charged my credit card $496.07. I had absolutely no opportunity to explain what I had been told when I made the reservation. In my opinion, this is terrible customer service and they must be absolutely desperate to fill their rooms! I will ALWAYS read the confirmation emails in the future! What ever happened to just doing the right thing!?!?!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
109  Thank LEah w
JeremyWatson, General Manager at Hamilton-Turner Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

Please allow me to address some of the concerns that you bring up in your review of our property.

Before the finalization of your reservation, I stated in detail our cancellation policy as our staff does with each person that books at the Hamilton-Turner Inn. You agreed to the cancel policy before finalizing the reservation with the complete understanding of what you were agreeing to. But as you stated, your plans changed. On Saturday, March 9, 2012, you received a reservation confirmation which is purposed to reiterate all things discussed during the time of booking. As you state in your review, the policy relating to cancellations is listed (in bold writing) and reads “If you cancel ten (10) days or less prior to your check-in date you will be responsible for the entire cost of your stay...”.

The right thing to do for any business is to state all policies which directly affect our guests and to uphold those policies as it relates to all bookings. Our staff was very clear as it relates to the topic of your review and outlined it as much as possible verbally and afterward through written communication.

We apologize that your plans changed and that you were unable to keep your reservation at our Inn. I do hope that you would consider staying with us in the future should your travels lead you back to our beautiful City of Savannah.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

All the previous rave reviews are completely correct. I cant't add a thing that hasn't already been said, but the review must be at least 200 characters. So I'll take this opportunity to thank the Hamilton Turner Inn for a gracious step back into a time long, long ago when life was slower, less cluttered, and more refined.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you sharing your experience.

I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As our valued guests, your gracious comments are appreciated and will be shared with our staff. It was a pleasure to have you visit with us and do hope you will choose our Inn when you return.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My husband i went with a group of friends to Savannah for the St Patricks Day weekend. One of our friends had stayed at Hamilton-Turner previously and raved about it to such an extent that we all agreed to book our rooms fully a year ago. We were not disappointed. The building is beautiful, ideally located, and furnished exquisitely. As other reviewers have noted, the owners and staff are warm and attentive. Sweets and tea are put out for guests in the afternoon; port is provided in the evenings; turn down service includes a weather report for the next day and bedside cookies. Breakfasts were fantastic. I highly recommend this property for visitors to beautiful Savannah.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

We appreciate you choosing our Inn to spend your visit to our beautiful City of Savannah. What a pleasure it was to have you as our guests and we do hope for the opportunity to have you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited the Hamilton-Turner Inn for the St. Patrick's Day Weekend. I chose this B & B because it is a "Select Registry" Inn. From our first moment to our last, we were treated like royalty. Someone was there to attend to our every need. The facility is one of the finest I have ever visited. Our first night was in the "Carriage House." The room had a king size bed that was wonderful. The bath was extremely small, but for one night it was fine. Our second night was in the main house; a huge room on the second floor with a fabulous bath. Another king size bed, but this time the mattress was not as comfortable as the first night. The breakfast was good. I would have preferred having a choice since I have some food issues. I enjoyed the fruit, yogurt, granola each day along with the baked item. The hot plate each day was very gourmet, but not something I could eat without some discomfort. My husband, however, enjoyed the hot plate immensely. I think it would be great if there could be a choice for those of us with food issues. I was afraid parking would be an issue since it is street parking. We were able to find a spot right by the Inn that made unloading and loading very easy. Staff of the Inn were also available to assist with luggage. The attention to detail was very evident. I would highly recommend The Hamilton-Turner Inn.

Room Tip: If possible, stay in the main house.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the Hamilton-Turner Inn.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit to historic Savannah. Sincerely, it was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we do hope the opportunity to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had never stayed in Savannah before this trip and mainly went to see, "Offering of Angels" that was at the Jepson Center. A friend mentioned wanting to see it as well, so we made a weekend out of it. Where do I start? First of all, the staff and owners were very helpful via phone calls and emails from me before the actual trip...I'm a planner...lol When we arrived around 4 pm, one of the staff checked us in, carried our bags to the room, and then walked outside to help us find the perfect free parking spot. We moved it the next morning and could see it from our window, which was very comforting. I had read reviews about the room we were staying in, but figured some people just don't appreciate old houses, so decided to book it anyway. I was not disappointed! The room was beautiful and cozy. There was a bay window with a sitting area and a view of part of Lafayette Square and the side of St John's Cathedral., There was free wi-fi, soft music playing, and a view, from the other window, of the quaint little garden/smoking area. The bed was very comfortable, the towels were thick, the claw foot tub was the perfect touch. I had read a review that stated the room (Johnny Mercer 202) was too noisy, since it sits directly across from the check-in desk on the main floor....this was not true in our case. We may have heard something a time or two, but overall it was very very quiet. They obviously couldn't hear us either, since we stayed up talking until 2 and 3 am each night. We had no problems with the hot water, as I have seen mentioned either. We both took showers each morning with hot water. Another great feature of our stay here was the amenities. There was a box of delicious chocolate brittle in the room when we checked in and tea and lemonade in the parlor along with little pastries. The breakfast is served by reservation, which makes perfect sense as the dining room is small and cozy. We were shown to our table as soon as we walked to the doorway and waited on by one of the owners, Jim. He was a very nice and polite gentlemen who catered to our every need. The buffet table had a bowl of fresh fruit (not canned like I read some say) yogurt, granola, and biscuits and jam the first morning. The second morning had the same except a blueberry pound cake replaced the biscuits and jam. The food was excellent and the presentation and service superb. The first morning was homemade french toast with sausage and the second morning was eggs benedict. We were offered all of the coffee and juice we wanted. There was also coffee and hot tea in the parlor each morning along with newspapers. Each evening there was wine and appetizers and port at night. We missed the appetizers the first night, because we went exploring. The second night they had spinach dip, crackers, and an amazing baked brie. It was very filling and we only bought two dinners the entire stay. Lafayette Square was beautiful and the green water in the fountain added to the festivity of the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. We walked a lot, but the trolleys and carriages stopped either in front of or very close to the inn. We made use of the CAT, which stopped directly across from the inn and was free. Our weekend was relaxing and we felt very pampered by the staff. The room was a bit pricey, but I have stayed in many that were more expensive. You always pay extra for quality and atmosphere. Overall, I can't find anything bad to say about the inn and will be returning when I get a chance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

We greatly appreciate your kind words and review. It is our wish to provide you with the best service possible so that you can have the best experience possible. We will be sure to share your sentiments with our team members.

Again, thank you for sharing your sentiments with us. We hope to welcome you back very soon!