“Beautiful, charming inn”

GreenLeadersSilver level
tennessee
“Beautiful, charming inn”
Reviewed April 1, 2007

We love staying at B&B's when we travel and the Azaela Inn B&B was my favorite so far. The inn itself is beautiful with lots of character. Savannah is full of history and so is this inn with walls painted depicting different times in history as well as beautiful furnishings throughout. The inn keepers were just great. Very attentive and personable. They were always there ready to make a recommendation or just chat about what you did with your day. Our room was very comfortable and we had everything that we could want in a B&B. The inn is located within walking distance to everyting in Savannah and we enjoyed our daily strolls through the town. I highly recommend the Azaela Inn and we would definately stay again.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank TennesseeDawgfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed March 31, 2007

We absolutely LOVED the Azalea Inn! We toured Savannah but found that
we would have rather lounged around the Inn. I highly reccommend staying in the Cotton Exchange room, the jacuzzi tub was SOOOOOO worth the pick. The back deck and pool are so relaxing. We are already planning our next trip back. Teresa was so sweet and a great cook. I can't wait to go back and see my buddy Joey (Teresa's Yorkie) I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did!

• Liked — whole property
  • Disliked — nothing was bad!!!
WINNIPEG
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My husband and I were travelling to Atlanta Georgia to the NASCAR race and decided that since we were travelling such a long way from home (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) that we would spend a few extra days exploring the State of Georgia. I have always wanted to stay at a B&B and started my web search. I researched all the B&B's in the Savannah area to great extent and kept going back to the Azalea Inn website. There was just something about that Inn that was so appealing to me. I contacted the innkeepers and made reservations for March 12th through to March 15th.

The minute we drove up to the beautiful yellow Inn we felt the sense of comfort and home. My first instincts didn't disappoint us. We walked through the front door and immediately embraced the space and spent the next few days in a peaceful, warm environment. Teresa, the innkeeper met us with a lovely welcome, showed us the common area of the Inn and discussed the beautiful hand painted murals on the dining room walls. They were magnificent and also a wee bit whimsical. You really have to spend some time at the Azalea Inn to appreciate and understand the marvelous art work. Teresa then showed us to our suite. We had reserved the Cotton Exchange Suite which was everything we had imagined and more. I remember walking into the suite and telling Teresa that we were never going to leave.

Our suite was absolutely beautiful - a king (very comfortable) bed adorned with lovely bedding, a large jacquzzi tub with a chandelier hanging above it accompanied by a dimmer switch, a cozy sitting area with great leather chairs in front of a fireplace (very romantic!), a wetbar and fridge which was always filled with bottled water. We also had our own porch which overlooked the pool and garden area, where we could have our coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening.

The gourmet breakfasts were wonderful. We looked forward to something different each morning and were able to eat at our leisure between 8 & 10 and either joining other guests in the dining room or enjoy the sumptuous meal on our porch. The delicious aroma of baked sweets filled the air in the afternoon and evening where there was always a sweet delight for guests to enjoy throughout the day. My husband really looked forward to this! Each evening a wine and cheese reception (accompanied also with hot appetizers) was held for guests in the dining room and it was a wonderful time to exchange the days events with the other guests. Arriving back at the Inn after dinner we enjoyed a lovely glass of sherri before retiring for the night.

We would like to thank Teresa, Jake and their staff for their wonderful hospitality. They were all so helpful and accommodating with making reservations for dinner, a horse and carriage ride, directions to anywhere we wanted to go. The memory of our stay at the Azalea Inn will always be with us and we hope to return one day.

A special note to Teresa - you were a delight to talk to and our stay at your Inn was only enhanced by your beautiful personality. We loved your yorkies also!

Doug and Donna Harding

• Liked — Our accommodations and the innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
1 Thank Grandmotherofthree
Toronto
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at The Azalea Inn in Savannah for 6 nights and we loved every moment of it. We felt completely at home and thought that the owners made a great effort to add some nice extra touches. We especially enjoyed the evening cocktail hour as it gave us a wonderful opportunity to share some lighthearted conversation with others. Information was readily available (ie. restaurants, directions) whenever we needed as was a friendly chat with the inn staff. However, we always felt that our privacy was being honoured and respected when we just wanted to relax in the courtyard. We would return to The Azalea Inn in a heartbeat. We met some great people there (hello Virginians and Winnipegers!) and felt that our experience was truly memorable. Many thanks to Theresa and Jake for their hospitality.

• Liked — The comfortable environment and the wonderful little touches
  • Disliked — Just a little too far from the main historic district but nothing that caused problems
Santa Fe
Reviewed March 13, 2007

The Azalea Inn is beautiful, comfortable and well located for seeing the city of Savannah. My parents and I stayed in the carriage house, comprising two lovely bedrooms, a bath and a fridge, which was handy. We didn't use the coffee maker very much because the inn coffee was far superior. It's available early, so you can have it in your room while you're getting ready for the day. Breakfasts were very nice, and we met lots of interesting people, but by far the inn's greatest asset is Teresa, the owner. She's always there, always cheerful, always helpful. No matter what I asked for, she made it happen, and she gave us some great recommendations on things to do and places to eat.
Highly recommended. I would definitely return to the Azalea Inn.

• Liked — The owner is a lovely, fun person who takes a personal interest in all her guests.
  • Disliked — The light outside my bedroom was too bright and the curtains didn't cover enough.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
Washington, DC
Reviewed January 23, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Cotton Exchange Suite as a romantic getaway after Christmas and we had a wonderful visit. The suite exceeded my very high expectations. It was so spacious and had every feature one could want (king-sized bed, jumbo-sized whirlpool tub, fireplace, porch, etc.) Breakfasts and h'ors d'ouvres were delicious and they happily accomodated our special requests. We always felt relaxed and at home there. The only minus was that since the house is older, you hear everything, so napping during cleaning hours was not really possible; otherwise the place was as quiet as a monastary. The big book of menus from area restaurants was a big help! On the map this inn looks like it's further away from the historic district than it really is. During the day, everything is within walking distance.

• Liked — Gorgeous room that was luxurious but decidedly un-stuffy
  • Disliked — Lack of noise insulation
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank InSearchofEscape
Memphis, TN
Reviewed January 20, 2007

I don't think I would ever stay in another hotel. My husband and I had such a wonderful stay at The Azalea Inn and a fun visit in Savannah, GA. The amenities that Azalea Inn offered were above and beyond. The food, room, people and location were very enjoyable. I can't rave enough about Azalea Inn, I highly recommend it and we look forward to our next visit the this lovely Inn. Thank you to Teresa & Jake (owners) and their wonderful , knowledgable staff. Francine & Jim Scott (Memphis,TN)

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple