“Loved the Azalea Inn & Gardens”

Azalea Inn & Villas
Ranked #4 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Loved the Azalea Inn & Gardens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2006

My wife and I spent the first weekend of September at the Azalea Inn along with my long-time friend and his wife. The Inn and rooms were wonderful, but we probably will return in the future because of the great owners and their three fun Yorkies. We had a great time one afternoon by the pool swimming, drinking a cool adult beverage and playing with the dogs while talking to the owners Jake and Teresa. Our favorite Yorkie, Little Joe, even followed me back to my room for a photo session.

One other point I want to make is that the food served at breakfast was both unique and delicious.

Stayed September 2006
1 Thank JKH2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Philadelphia PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2006

We had an enjoyable five days in Savannah, and a lot of that was due to the owners of the Azalea Inn. They were generous with their time to help us find the appropriate places to see, whom to contact for private guides, and where to go for dining. The Inn has a very private pool which was a great place to relax in the afternoon. The location was a good one for exploring Savannah, in a quiet neighborhood, but not far from the busy streets and squares. I would recommend this Inn to all.

• Liked — very accommodating staff
  • Disliked — nothing
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2006

My girlfriend and I journeyed to Savannah for her birthday. In researching where we might stay the Azalea Inn just lept out at me. It was charming, beautiful, and authentic seeming. When we arrived it revealed itself to be everything hoped. Teresa, Jake, and their staff were great! The breakfasts were delish, and inspired, little touches pleasantly surprised @ every turn. The "Gentleman's Parlour" (our room) was gorgeous and cozy. Lovely to watch a storm roll in, lights off and curtains open looking out over the porch. So romantic!

• Liked — Our room, the owners, and staff.
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything off the top of my head.
  • Tips/Secrets — Basically just go.
Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2006

The Azalea Inn was the icing on the cake of our trip. After all of our exploring it was always nice to return to the Inn for fresh-baked goodies, friendly service and beautiful surroundings. And I have to mention the ADORABLE Inn dogs who will win your hearts for sure! I think I ended up with more pictures of Joey than anything else in Savannah!

Breakfast every morning was absolutely fabulous and it was a real joy to sit and talk with the other guests, Teresa and Jake. Whenever we needed restaurant recommendations, reservations or directions, the Azalea Inn's staff was extremely helpful.

The experience was so much better than anything you would get at a chain hotel. I highly recommend staying there and will definitely stay there again if I ever return to Savannah.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Norfolk, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2006

My husband and I got married at the Azalea Inn and we could not have been more pleased. The owners and staff made our experience so special and we now feel that they are a part of our family. We booked the inn for the weekend so that all of our guests could stay there with us and each one has told us how much that they enjoyed their stays. The gardens were beautiful and the breakfasts were excellent!! I know that the owners put ALOT of work into making our experience special but did not make a big deal of it in front of us.

If you are looking for a romantic getaway or a beautiful cozy place for a poolside wedding, I could not recommend a more perfect bed and breakfast!!

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank jsanness
Avon Lake
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2006

Breakfasts and afternoon wine and snacks were thoughtful. Pool was terrific, especially in hot July. Yorkies were very fun and lent a casual and relaxed atmosphere. However, cleanliness of rooms--particularly the bathroom left a lot to be desired. Very unpretention for a bed and breakfast which made conversing with others at the inn a real joy!

4 Thank lglenn
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2006

We spent the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. The inn is lovely - charming and very well maintained. The hosts are personable, and very helpful. They are happy to recommend activities and restaurants, and book them for you. We would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Its charm and location
  • Disliked — nothing