“Great place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Latta, SC
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Best value in Savannah! Staff is great, exceptionally helpful and friendly. We arrived early, and our room wasn't ready yet, but Ginger at the desk found us a place to warm up our lunches and eat while we waited. By the time we finished, our room was done. Our room was clean and fresh- smelled wonderful when you walked in. Beds were so comfortable, and the bedding was soft. They were busy when we were there~ so I'd say they are doing something right!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jen M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Morrow, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Spent one night - Jan 19th at this location - after reading previous reviews I almost did not stay, but decided to give it a try. It was very nice, VERY CLEAN, the room was more than asked for and huge. We wish we could have stayed longer. It is just a short drive to the historic district and much less expensive than the hotels in that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy T
Potsdam, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at Candlewood Suites the night before flying back home from my son's Marine Basic Training at Parris Island. We got to hotel a couple hours early and our room was ready so we were aloud to check in. My mothers room was not ready but the front desk asked housekeeping to do that room next and they did. Front desk personnel was friendly and very knowledgable. The rooms were very clean and very comfortable. We had no issues with our stay and was very close to the airport at a reasonable price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DARCY W
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I have been has using the CandleWood Suites Savannah for bussiness for the past 2 years. The only reason I stay here is because it is on the company's account. This last stay the plates were dirty, the microwave was dirty, the trash cans in the stairwells were over flowing for more than 4 days, and there were no paper towels in my room. The front desk staff was very nice as they told me the paper towels were on "back order"... REALLY?? My Stay was for to weeks and not once was my room cleaned.
This was at one time a very nice hotel not any more. HINTS, Wednesday between 5-7pm they have a customer appreciation "dinner". They will not tell you at check in the only way to find out is on a small board in the hallway going to the pool. Also, check the experation dates on the "Pantry" food, my pretzels had an exp date of May 2012.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joe P
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Joe P,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Delta, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked this the night before a flight. The hotel is nice for the money, but I stood around for 10 minutes before anyone even came to the counter. They were nice when they showed up but I was headed out the door. Anyway got checked into a 1 bedroom suit which was ok except not enough pillows on the bed. Went down to the counter and evidently no one had enough pillows, for they said they had given out 20 of them that night and had none left. So I didn't sleep well and had to get up early. This isn't the employees problem it is the managers or owners problem. If you want to sleep ask for a extra pillow at check in.

Room Tip: Get extra pillows!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank T S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear T S,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Karen G.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I love my stay at Candle wood Suits! Jennifer at the front desk was beautiful and friendly everything you would expect when checking into a hotel. The staff was very accommodating. The location is great if you are looking to get to the interstate or the airport. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Byron P
bronx ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I love Candlewood hotels, I will start with the good, the bed was the most comfortable bed I experience in a hotel! It was quite to sleep unless someone was using the gym ?(We we're next to the gym) So ask for a room away from the gym. Ok now my problem was that I'm so use to all the utensils and the well stuck kitchen they have and was very disappointed by all the missing stuff on this one, from forks, to plates, to glass bowls ect. Also most dishes were pretty dirty and dusty. We are use to cooking when we stay away both to save money and to eat healthy so for a family of 4 i do need everything the kitchen has. Also when we got there we was also missing the sheets and pillows for the sofa bed. I'm not the one to pinpoint small stuff but if the reservation stays 4 people and there is only 1 bed in the room of course all of those things are necessary. The gym was not as good as the other candlewoods I been to as well as not always stuck with towels and the free dryers took 2 hours to dry the clothes and still I had to hang the clothes on the room to finish drying them. The front desk people was nice so that was a plus. and the 20 minute ride to downtown was an easy drive. Would I stay here again? Yes but would check the room before taking my stuff inside and ask to be change to another room if need it.

Room Tip: Check your room and ask to be away from the gym, Walls are indeed very thin!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wearetheones
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear wearetheones,

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the comfortable bed in your room and had a pleasant experience with our friendly staff. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were missing kitchen items in you room. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Reference # 27733151
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savannah
Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Staybridge Suites Savannah Airport
Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Comfort Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Holiday Inn Express Savannah Airport

Been to Candlewood Suites Savannah Airport? Share your experiences!