“Fabulous fresh food in a relaxed atmosphere”

Tortugas Island Grille
Ranked #149 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tuesday-Thursday 11:00 am to 9:00 pmFriday 11:00 am to 9:30 pmSaturday 10:00 am to 9:30 pm (breakfast, lunch,and dinner)Sunday Brunch 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Closed on Monday
Savannah, Georgia
“Fabulous fresh food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

They serve fresh fish, shrimp and crab as well as several vegetarian friendly offerings. We found a table out of the way and spent about 2 hours sitting and talking. Went with two friends, one who had a vegetarian panini and the other had a crab cake. I had the blackened snapper and we were all three pleased with our food. Started the dinner with an appetizer of fried green tomatoes which were perfectly fried and served piping hot with an excellent red pepper remoulade. Overall, it was a fabulous time.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gail B

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great hidden gem off the beaten path but worth the drive”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My family and I stopped here for lunch on our way to Bonsventure Cemetary. Admittedly, had I not researched prior to stopping we would not have as it looks like a hole in the wall from the outside. It was very clean and our waitress was amazing. The food was hot and delicious made with the most freshest ingredients. There are daily creations and we got the sense that the chef really enjoys his work. Also, prices were very reasonable. I would definitely recommend to others and will come again.

• Visited April 2014
“Fresh and friendly”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I had a late lunch today. Ordered the special, blackened sea bass BLT with black beans and rice. It was excellent! To top it off, I had warm bread pudding. My server was friendly and kept me company which I appreciated as a solo diner.

Visited April 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Lucky to Live Near”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am lucky to have moved near Tortuga's Island Grille 4 years ago. I eat - or take out - here at least once a week, sometimes twice! It is a lovely family owned and operated restaurant. The food is fabulous - from the simple sandwiches to the delicious steaks and fresh seafood. The Chef cooks all fresh so be sure to check out the specials. I have had some of the best food I have ever eaten here.
It is on the way to beach, off Victory Drive, so stop in for some real local flavor and atmosphere.
Best Sunday Brunch in Savannah!
Tell them Lois sent you...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lois M
Tybee Island, Georgia
“Great little out of the way place!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

A cute little place with great food and service. The crab cake is absolutely superb, but added to a portobello mushroom, fresh tomato, a bed of fresh spinach, all drizzled with balsamic reduction and sprinkled with feta, wow!! Will be back for this entree alone!

1 Thank Tybeeite