“What...no signature chips? Or..”

Tortugas Island Grille
Ranked #165 of 870 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Tuesday-Thursday 11:00 am to 9:00 pmFriday 11:00 am to 9:30 pmSaturday 10:00 am to 9:30 pm (breakfast, lunch,and dinner)Sunday Brunch 10:00 am to 2:00 pm Closed on Monday
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“What...no signature chips? Or..”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

No fried green tomatoes, shrimp cakes or an ice bucket for our bottle of wine. With only 2 other tables dining it was hard to imagine? I ask you how can you say you have "homemade" chips and tell us you are out...yet still offer potato skins and baked potato? Thankfully the jerked triple tail and shrimp and grits were amazingly yummy.

• Visited April 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great! Not what I expected.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I belong to the American Legion, stopped in at Post 184 in Thunderbolt. Local suggested we try Tortuga's for supper. Excellent recomendation! I have dinedat some top restaurants in Savannah. the food here matched or even bettered some of them. Not fancy decor but nice. I have drove by before on trips in the area and it looked unasuming so I went on by and chose someplace else. It is not romantic, it does not have tux wearing staff, but the fare is that good! I will come here again. Beer and wine, no spirits. I am here for good food and was satisied. Not the bar food you find so much of in a touristy town like Savannah. A place where locals go foe good food and social or family gatherings. Quiet, good food and pleasant. A very nice change. I called out the chef as was suggested by my new found friend at the American Legion to compliment him. He came out in a ball cap and sport shirt. Not like a stuffy chef at other restaurants and was very happy about our compliments. You could tell he loved his job and wanted satified customers. Nice find in a touristy town.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Jimmy D
Huntsville, Alabama
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had not been to Savannah in years and went to Tripadvisor to find someplace to eat. This place was awesome. Cozy atmosphere, candlelit and quiet, great service, and dinners that were so good we can't wait to go back. We simply Loved it.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank se_solomon
Savannah, Georgia
“Great Service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great location in Thunderbolt. The shrimp and grits are my fav. Drinks are priced right, and the service is always prompt. Joyce is my favorite, and always has great suggestions. The owner's are very accomadating.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Michaeljonesjr
Arlington, Virginia
“heaven on a plate”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The blackened grouper BLT is wonderful, as is the homemade potato chips with blue cheese appetizer. Yummmmm. The service is friendly and the atmosphere is nice. We make a point to have a meal at Tortugas each time we visit Savannah, although it seems most of the clientele are locals.

• Visited August 2012