“Kosher old fashioned ice cream-add your own topics”

Cold Stone Creamery
Ranked #31 of 32 Dessert in Savannah
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a great ice cream place an done of the few kosher certified places in Savannah. My kids (ages 5 to 11) loved it! I wish however that they had some fat-free flavors.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My hubby likes this place when he's in the mood for a good old-fashioned, fattening, sugar-laden ice-cream delight, so after dinner last week we made the trip over to Twelve Oaks Shopping Center on Abercorn, and tucked away in the north corner is Coldstone Creamery. If you have never been there the concept is an interesting one: several basic flavors of traditional ice-cream are available, to which you can add any number of items like fruits, candies, nuts, chocolate, syrups, etc., in effect, creating your own unique flavor. The prices are a little high and expect to pay what you would for a lunch elsewhere, but the quality of the ice-cream is considerable and the choices for additional ingredients are pretty wide-ranging. Once you choose your basic flavor it is scooped up onto a cold marble slab where the fruit, candy, nuts, etc. are added to the ice-cream by a worker there, using a sharp, flat paddle to mix and mash the items into the ice-cream. There are a good number of choices for basic flavors, as well as sorbet and "low-fat" frozen yogurt too, but be aware that they are all very high in sugar. That night I tried the pomegranate-mango sorbet (fat-free) mixed with fresh banana slices, blueberries and strawberries, topped with a little marshmallow creme, and the results, though delicious, I could barely finish it and it almost sent me into sugar-shock (nausea followed)! My husband goes all the way with a buttercream vanilla base and adds all sorts of candy, nuts, cherries, whipped cream, and caramel topping--this is the kind of place that easily seduces you into throwing caution to the wind. There are several kinds of candy bars (chopped up, of course, for easy mixing), cookie bits, gummie bears, sprinkles,and other sweet tidbits, as well as fresh fruits, caramel, fudge, marshmallow creme, coconut, pecans, walnuts and sugary delights and really, it's a sort of ice-cream dream-come-true for those who crave a luxurious high-calorie taste sensation. The staff are usually young and cheerful, though the girl who served us seemed a bit surly that evening. There are ice-cream cakes and cartons of ice-cream available,and a clean, warmly-colored eating area with small tables, though most folks seem to prefer the tables outside. You can have your ice-cream in 3 sizes in a cup, a waffle cone, on a brownie, you name it. Ask for a cup of water to wash the sugar outta your system or you may go into overload, though. Ok, that's a personal view of mine (and I watch my health but monitoring what I eat), but honestly, this is place of utter indulgence where the only thing to hold you back from going into fat/sugar overload is how much money you're carrying, or possibly a strong desire to keep healthy. I visit this place with my husband maybe once a year because it just devastates his blood sugar levels and I always feel bleary and a bit light-headed with the sugar and fat, quite happy to return to my fresh fruit & yogurt to satisfy my sweet-tooth. Indulge if you must, but please drink plenty of water afterwards and consider having some lean protein to balance out the immense sugar. There, you've been warned. Go for it.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I like a snack, and to grab and go while shopping. This is a real treat for fun, and creative eating in the mall.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

DELICIOUS! Best ice cream! If you are gonna eat those calories, this is worth it. FYI Sweet Cream tastes like Whipped Cream.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

we visited here while staying at the hampton inn just over the road nad came across it by accident lucky us pity we didnt have our son with us but omg what amzing flavours this needs more advertising and hmm i dont know why my sister in law didnt tell us about this little gem she was like oh you went to cold stone its yummy ice cream yes we know lolwe found out for ourselves it isnt well sign posted outside but can see why it want busy but if your close by please go and try you wont be sorry