“Great Southern Food”

Garden of Eden
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our tour group stumbled upon this restaurant while looking for another one. The food was delicious. Although it was close to closing time, the staff (including the owner who was waiting the buffet line) never made us feel rushed. The lima beans were the best I have tasted anywhere. If you're ever in Savannah and want real soul food , this is it.

There are newer reviews for Garden of Eden

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My girls and I ate lunch here based on the other reviews. I was looking for true local flavor and I definitely found it. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. The food was delicious, plentiful and a great value. Southern food at its best. I will definitely be back whenever I am in town.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Make sure to stop in to purchase AUTHENTIC southern cuisine! I've tried almost all at this restaurant and have never been disappointed. The service is OUTSTANDING! The waitress we had was enthusiastic, upbeat, and catered to even the smallest requests. Keep up the great work, Mrs. Connie!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stopped here as part of one of our tours, got to sample the RED CAKE and then took a couple of pieces with us for later, also! Mmmm. I love Red Cake, but that is the best I have ever had! (wish we could have put a whole cake in our cooler to take home with us!) :-) (the rest of the food smelled very good too, but we didn't try it - we were just obssessed with the cake)

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Terrific fried chicken with okra and mac and cheese -- for just $5!. We are so thankful we saw an ad for this restaurant in a local Savannah newspaper. It isn't mentioned in guide books. I recommended to the concierge at our hotel and he is going to visit with the intention of recommending it to others. We definitely will return on our next visit to Savannah.